Submachine 10 and beyond Theories and Suggestions

RockyOceanK
subbot maintenance

Re: Submachine 10 and beyond Theories and Suggestions

Post by RockyOceanK »

Rulocore you made me even more confused now xD..
Well,that way, I think everything can happen..Any possibility is open.
I hit rock bottom
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

RuloCore wrote:But if you know your finger was cut by your future self, you can later decide to not travel to when you were born to avoid cutting it. Then if you have this thought of 'When I'm older I definitely won't go to the past and I won't cut my finger' already in your head, would your finger be in your hand or not? This means you can't change your destiny? Even if you decide to not cut your finger, you will end up cutting it?

Your argument, Vortex, implies that if retrocausality exists, then unmodifiable life fate exists too. Our life is already written and we can't change it.

So therefore, if Murtaugh sees his tomb, he can't actually do nothing to avoid dying or to change the situation in which he will die. And if you somehow learnt that you will die tomorrow, you can only just face the fact.
Exactly! If there is only one consistent timeline with retrocausality then you don't have free will and can't change your past. This is called the Novikov self-consistency principle and it's a possible solution to time travel paradoxes like that one.

The other option is that there isn't only one timeline, and you "jump" to another one when you time travel to the past. Then you are free to decide to change whatever you want, and that will create a new alternate future. But that poses another problem: you can't travel in time to the future anymore, because the future is uncertain (doesn't exist yet).

I think Submachine most likely uses the first form of time travel, if not I can't explain the tombs bit either.
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

Yes, the first one makes more sense.
auroradane
lost in subnet

Post by auroradane »

So are the submachines made, or evolved? I think back to 2001: a space odyssey, where the fourth (?) dimension presented as a room, not because it was made but because it was only perceivable as a room. Are(non man made) sub machines locations, as seen by us, not as themselves?
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

I found something interesting in one of my drawings.
In refernce towards 'The Wheel of Dharma' that I found to partly match the overall progression of the Submachine.

My 'the faith of all Empiors' sketch:
The part about the power that spins the water wheel.

The Rise being the time depicted in the Winter Palace.
The fall as to either the extinction or rise of the people who use to live in the Winter Palace.
The rise of Liz expedition group.
The rise of Murtuagh power and group.
The Fall of Liz's group.
The Fall of Murtuagh group and stability.
The Rise of Liz and Mur Meeting.
The Fall of the last remnants of Liz group trying to kill Mur.
The Rise of Mur and Liz fixing the Submachine.
The Fall of Mur dying then 'living' outside the Submachine.
The Rise and Fall of Liz dying and 'living' outside the Submachine.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

This is for -ak-.

In the past year you seem to have drawn a lot of conclusions about how the subnet works, and each time you give a reason I feel like no one quite understands it or knows how to respond to it.

Your latest statement about pocket dimensions in the "drawings" thread is confusing me. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea of pocket dimensions from, and a lot of newer members on here probably don't know either. Would you mind explaining it a bit more?

I think it's great that you think that there's not much left to figure out about the subnet, but I don't think everyone feels the same way and we would appreciate an explanation of your views.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

back to old rumors
Murtaugh was trapped in the eighth layer once, that's why he was unable to focus his being on a single layer.
after rereading this and game's help:
STAY FOCUSED
I think again:

did our usher gave us such directives (along with Don't afraid, etc) before we enter Submachine?
and what if we lose our focus?..

----------
bump:
So, what do you think about this?

and one more question (more translation difficulties):
Once it doesn't penetrate any two given layers creating a portal - it actually restores previously destroyed sub-molecular order.
As I understood, it means in case if karma penetrates two layers - it creates a portal. In case if it stays in the same layer - it restores previously destroyed sub-molecular order?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Yes, that's right.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

and one more question:
what does "retina cinema" mean?
Is it about futuristic devices when video displays inside your eye retina? Or is it about HD movie resolutions and qualities?

and what do you think about focusing? What if we were like Murtaugh during our path?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

nobody thinks anything, I guess. :(