View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 12 Nov 2018 18:44

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 LT's Theories 
subnet technician

NOTE:I would rather not take credit for this work, since LT put in the effort to make what I am about to send out. All I am doing is taking the discussion to the Pastel Forums. Why?

There may be a person on these forums who wants to post an opinion that haven't done so already or can't do so at all on the Discord.

That being said, LET'S GET INTO THIS DISCOVERY!

That is it. I remember when we originally discussed possibilities of the Basements being on different layers. LT has taken it into his own hands to overlay the maps in such a way that it could possibly confirm this. Before we list the similarities, let's set up a couple of rules:

RULES:
  • The origin will be dictated by the position of the LAB PORTALS! Not the URDs
  • iSubmachine and Submachine version 1 will not be taken into account, as those games are not canonical to the series anymore
  • Submachine 1 Basement = Original Basement, 672 in Submachine Universe = New Basement, 840 in Submachine Universe = Semotus Basement, Red Basement in Submachine 10 (with cameo in Submachine 1 HD) = Infernal Basement, 529 in Submachine 4 & Submachine Universe = Basement Section, 947 in Submachine Universe = Gem Harvester,

Let's DO THIS!!!

POSSIBLE SIMILARITIES:
  • The URDs from the Original Basement and the Infernal Basement share the same coordinate: (-1, 1)
  • All of the Lab portals share the origin point, (0, 0)
  • The machine in (2, -1) is shared in two maps: The New Basement and the Original Basement
  • In the Original Basement, you get a spoon from (2, -2) by listening to the radio. In the Infernal Basement, you place the spoon in that exact location to get a secret
  • Semotus Basement and Infernal Basement both share a switch in (0, 2)

If there is any you see that I missed, it only further boosts this theory to possible confirmation!

04 Jun 2018 00:12
explodes

Thank you for posting this. :D

Stick: middle of nowhere
alternate Stick: universe is dead
H^HTEP: 5/100

04 Jun 2018 00:54
karma portal traveller

Sundex wrote:
or can't do so at all on the Discord

may be a phrasing issue but that wouldn’t be referring to me, would it? :pppp

I’ll stream this topic two to three weeks from now; seems important enough to hash out. Will break out Illustrator and put all of the maps in a different layer (literally) to make toggling a lot easier.

stream link if y'all are interested, will remain on the channel afterwards

04 Jun 2018 13:31
subnet technician

Apocrypha wrote:
may be a phrasing issue but that wouldn’t be referring to me, would it? :pppp

It was mainly referring to you. However, there were people apart from you that I thought would want to see this: Sublevel, Groke, etc.

04 Jun 2018 16:06
karma portal traveller

Eh, I don't think I need a stream for this. I'm not in an optimal connection spot atm anyway and won't be for a few days.

So after talking to LT it should be noted that the reasoning for combining the URD locations and the XYZ locations the way they are is by

1) lining up URDS
2) lining up XYZs
3) bringing 1) and 2) together via the connection point of the bubble machine things in 672 and Sub1 basement that can be found in (1,0)

I don't really like assuming that they can be lined up like that to bridge the gap between two groups, as it's an arbitrary precondition. Well, not completely arbitrary, as I understand they're similar-looking machines, but I would want something a little more plausible.

Also worth pointing out in Sundex's list above that since lining the XYZs along their portals at a relative (0,0) is a precondition for putting the map together (a control variable of sorts) it shouldn't be listed in a separate observations section. Same with URDs being lined up since that was a similar precondition for putting the map together. So all the first three bulleted points - when you take into account the third is the similar-machine precondition that should be listed as (1,0), not (2,-1) since I thought we were using XYZ-relative coordinates, not URD - aren't valid observations. Bullet point 5 is also gone because it assumes the similar machine precondition.

That leaves us with (I'm using separate coordinate systems for now):

1) URD(2,-2): Sub1Base spoon found in = InfBase spoon used in (2,-2)

I'll take a look now at what else I can find, and I'll put down what I find to be relevant similarities. If I find a good reason for interlacing XYZs and URDs I'll let you know. And remember that all this assumes that these basement sections are layers of each other arranged in a specific way, so we're in essence backwards-evidencing.

More observations below:

2) URD (2,-1): Sub10Base KP connect = InfBase KP connect
3) URD (-1,0): Sub1Base valve turn = InfBase stone wheel turn
4) URD (-1,-1): Sub1Base + InfBase contain right-angle pipes facing Quadrant II
5)

Here's my diagram (XYZ-URD separated):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oFRvDL ... sp=sharing

20 Jun 2018 03:55
lost in subnet

Since Sundex took the liberty of naming this 'LT's Theories I'm going to make use of this.

[places on 'Generous Exposition' Hat]
A long long time ago (I can still re member how that music Shush)
I went and tried to make a combined map of various sections of the subnet. the results are lost to the annals of time and my SubWiki page. However, given a recent major restructuring in my life(in that I now have one), I have embarked upon this.

Long story short: I'm doing maps. I want feedback.
Here's one of the lighthouse and root. Bits I couldn't quite place are underneath.I'm still working out a few minor details mind, hence feedback(and thus being able to farm the blame out to you, er um I mean).

Attachment:
File comment: Bits I couldn't place are at the bottom. go wild(metaphorically)
SubMapV2.jpg
SubMapV2.jpg [ 184.08 KiB | Viewed 1426 times ]

20 Jun 2018 13:24
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]