Re: So...

Post by Anonymous2 »

742 years!
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Gemini wrote:742 years!
Why are we thinking it is that exact number? Did Mateusz say something or have I totally fallen out of the loop, pun not intended? The only reference to that I can think of is that note in Sub8, which mentions (probably) Liz being very alive 742 years ago. Why are we supposing that everybody dropped dead just after the note was nailed to the rock, or for that matter that that note is brand new, with accurate dating?
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Anonymous2
subnet notes finder

Post by Anonymous2 »

No Mateusz hasn't said that, and the intro of Sub9 pretty much implies we never traveled through time at all during the series, we were in the same spot, but traveled through different layers of reality.

The note doesn't have any other importance other than being the first of its kind to tell us the length of time. Heck the note could have been placed there 742 years prior to the events of of us playing Sub8.
Last edited by Anonymous2 on 20 Jun 2015 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Yeah, plus I believe the event describe in Submachine 8 happen 742 years ago, when we woke up in Submachine 1, it was still probably 742 years ago.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

did you travel too far or too early?..

(three pages of pure Submachine discussion in mysterious thread)
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Gemini wrote:No Mateusz hasn't said that, and the intro of Sub9 pretty much implies we never traveled through time at all during the series, we were in the same spot, but traveled through different layers of reality.

The note doesn't have any other importance other than being the first of its kind to tell us the length of time. Heck the note could have been placed there 742 years prior to the events of of us playing Sub8.
I see. I do not necessarily contest that that thing happened 742 years ago and the note is up to date. I am just pointing out that at least Liz was still alive at that point. Plus we did at one point assume that we were living in the 1950s or something, so it would be no surprise to me if Mateusz wouldn't have further curveballs to throw.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

Jeez, I went on a vacation for a week and I missed several things happening here.

. ____ .
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

@AK: Well, there's a new location in the Subnet. :P
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

- ak - wrote:Jeez, I went on a vacation for a week and I missed several things happening here.

. ____ .
I understand that effect.

It seems that everything happens when we're away, and only then.
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

- ak - wrote:Jeez, I went on a vacation for a week and I missed several things happening here.

. ____ .
Don't feel too bad.
I got about say....several threads of reading to do, and I was spending time with my dad.

To be honest, (At which I admit to this dick-ish move I keep doing) I've just been skimming the posts. I can only keep reading so much.

And...its the Adult effect.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING