submachine 5 HD dilemma

WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Re: submachine 5 HD dilemma

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

I be willing.
Your work is original in some ways.

I like it because everything in stories these days just seem somehow redundant.
You Defiantly are a True Artist.
You create Art for the sake of Art.

I am willing to support in anyway I can.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

MateuszSkutnik wrote:if the sales will prove this to be a good idea - then why not extend other games. (especially sub4 and sub2)
If you extend even one game of those two, I'm willing to pay for it 30 times. no kidding :D
Babylon
subnet notes finder

Post by Babylon »

Seriously though, is there any reason for the flash page to download it with other than aesthetics? Because I can't download the HD games at the moment with flash. Surely there must be a way to download it without using flash?
On the other hand, I understand everyone else seems to be fine with it, so...
I'm not a latin popstar.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Post by Ancient Crystal »

I support the idea of an extra cipher plate to unlock some bonus room. If you don't want to add rooms for all the six new variations, call it a "broken cipher plate", that only works when inserted alone and in the right slot. Should the player attempt any other combination with it, the teleport simply will spit out some sparks and shut down on activation.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Ancient Crystal wrote:I support the idea of an extra cipher plate to unlock some bonus room. If you don't want to add rooms for all the six new variations, call it a "broken cipher plate", that only works when inserted alone and in the right slot. Should the player attempt any other combination with it, the teleport simply will spit out some sparks and shut down on activation.
It could work if it was tied to the side of one of the rooms with a short string. That way there's no need for it to be broken, and we still could only access the right slot, the left one would be simply too far for the string to reach.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

But that would still be three new combinations. since you could lave the left slot empty, or put any of the two other plates there.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Not to mention that would be a rather annoying mechanic, forcing people to go back and forth unnecessarily.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:
ENIHCAMBUS wrote:Does that mean that only Sub5, Sub3 and Sub1 will be extended.
Why Sub4 and Sub2 not? Have I missed something?
Sub 2 and 4 are already too big. However, I think that Sub2 might give us a reward for getting those 20 secrets. Maybe a screen that shows the blood door.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

gemini wrote:building upon the cipher plate idea, and also the plot expansion idea. a way to combat these:

add the extra rooms and plot to snee. for those who don't want to pay $2 for an expanded plot in sub5, can simply use the cipher plate system in snee, and access the same rooms and find the plot items. its already there, might as well make use out of it. and i've been waiting for years for the cipher plates to be used in snee.
^ Great idea!
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Well, the entire point with expansion is to make it more attractive to buy, that part is kind of lost if you also put the locations in Snee.