M-A-T v2.0: General Mat Activity Thread

Sundex
subnet technician

Re: M-A-T v2.0: General Mat Activity Thread

Post by Sundex »

@ko9 I am still thinking... How is heritage relevant in this case?
BACK TO THEORIES
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

It wasn't, I was interested.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Today is 22nd of July, posted on Mateusz Skutnik's Discord server, in #submachine-theories. On cipher plates.
22Jul2019.png
22Jul2019.png (50.89 KiB) Viewed 13793 times
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Today is 23rd of July, posted on Mateusz Skutnik's Discord server, in #chatter. On the main characters' ethnicities.
ethnicity.png
ethnicity.png (52.13 KiB) Viewed 13768 times
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

From Mateusz Skutnik's personal Discord server, in #chatter, about the chance of microtransactions and lootboxes in Submachine games, as well as random generation (RNG). 30th to 31st of July, 2019.
lootbox.png
lootbox.png (209.2 KiB) Viewed 13659 times
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

On July 4th, 2012, Mateusz Skutnik stated on his Twitter that the discovery of the Higgs boson proves that Submachine is real. Somehow. (Source.)
higgs.png
higgs.png (43.81 KiB) Viewed 13399 times
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

As per Jatsko's request: A comment by Mateusz Skutnik, ca. 26th of December 2018, on Jatsko's video called "Talking about Submachine Universe [ Flash ]". The issues Mateusz brings up are in response to certain key parts of concern in the video.

(Link to comment.) (Link to video.)
jatsko.png
jatsko.png (66.9 KiB) Viewed 13225 times
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Going to add my thoughts here on it; I'm sure I've talked about it before but w/e:
Just update the game from time to time, as before.
Two things about this,
1) This is generally surprising to me because I was talking about being concerned that the entire notion of adding rooms over time would be gone specifically because SubVerse is a completed game, not necessarily because I didn't see a way that Mat would be able to upload locations via Steam. I guess with whatever he's doing with the new game, more locations are to come, which is great. That was unknown to me.

2) That being said, I wonder how a Steam crowd will react to more locations constantly being added.

---
The more I think of it, the more I'm drawn to the concept of not remaking submachine universe, but creating another game with another title that uses sub-universe graphics.
So I hope, if I'm reading this correctly, that this means the current Flash version of Submachine Universe will be more or less de-canonized (as he didn't outright say it) and then things are taken from it to make a "proper" game. I really hope it's the case that SubVerse is left sort of as a relic for the fans to enjoy, and then everyone focuses on the new game that comes out of it for actual canon and stuff. The fact that he said
No, that won't be the case.
hopefully means this will happen. I'm just very concerned with there being two canon games, esp. when one is filled with content that we might not be able to 100% contextualize within the game universe.

Also, I'm down for a name change; that way, the term "universe" will be freed up when people want to talk about the entire game universe or similar usages.
I think you're right, that stripping SU of fan-created content is a bit too heartless but inevitable if I'm ever going to make a buck out of it.
I don't believe I said anything in the video about "stripping SU of fan-created content" being heartless, because I sort of figured that the Flash version would always be available more or less anyway. So just a note of clarification there. It's not like SU itself will have that content removed, just that the new game won't have it.
Luckily I still have few years to figure this one out.
I wonder, if he has no other outstanding ideas, if this game could turn into "Submachine: The Explorers". Even though SU and this new game won't be canon-different-layer versions of each other, it would be cool to have the second game be very similar to SU, but the notes you find are from actual explorers, not fans, with totally different topics of conversation. That would cater to the whole notion of bridging the game world/IRL that's been prevalent in the series, as the players would sort of become the explorers in spirit or something. Just a thought, I don't know yet how good that thought is.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: TBG

Post by Vortex »

Big announcement tomorrow!
cpt.PNG
cpt.PNG (163.94 KiB) Viewed 13166 times
EDIT: moved posts from the TBG thread to here.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: TBG

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Submachine: Core's Gardens?

sorry, can't think about anything else since first letter "S" triggered me.