wisdom crystal finder

Where is 2019?

Post by Augustus »

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: Where is 2019?

Post by Sublevel 113 »

*fireworks*

As always, according to my tradition, I will play it right before New Year stars.

For now, according to the same tradition... *replays all Where is subm... I mean: Where is ....? games*
(reminded me about my duty to play my first playground of SUHD at last)
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

hello little seaweed :D
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Well, I was partly right...

finished it!

Thank you for New Year gift!

wonder, is there more secrets?
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

would we say it's safe to assume the little seaweed is the BG protag?
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

That was confirmed :3
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

thoughts on WI2019, positives first:

Between the music and the warm colors of most of the backgrounds, it's very intimate, which I enjoyed. Having a mix of fading some of the buildings in and out as if through a fog and also caught in a Submachine-ish mid-shatter state was nice to see for the first time in a while. This game really looks like it has a bit of everything in it and yet it's calm and simple.

Seeing some of the mechanics at work, like the fans on the platforms starting to blow before a platform will slow down and change direction was a nice touch. Though, I can't quite figure out the cables, how they're tensile enough to retract when the platforms move side to side but loose enough that they'll still hang down due to gravity. Whatever, it's a nice visual effect. Also thought it was cool to start out flying as was hinted at last year.

Now onto the glaring graphical error that's present everywhere that I can't help but notice: every single asset is mostly if not completely transparent, so there's no 3D extrusion of space or layering of most objects because they just form intertangled black lines when they're crossing over each other. It's really distracting esp. on singular moving objects like Ssufok(?)'s wings crossing its body. Hopefully there's a way to figure out how to keep the fill of the background without sacrificing object solidity in the future, because I like the look of just drawing outlines and having the texture background do the rest of the work.

Also another minor error: it's easy to tell that the WI2018 guy is a sprite that was simply flipped because if you walk far enough to the right in the first scene, the numbering on his sash is backwards.

Overall, it was a fun little experience for me :D
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Apocryphactor wrote:Overall, it was a fun little experience for me :D
That is where is (insert year here) :D
CharlesTheCat
lost in subnet

Post by CharlesTheCat »

Oh boy, i'll play it right now :D