Q&A Request of Mateusz Skutnik 5-1-2018

Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Q&A Request of Mateusz Skutnik 5-1-2018

Post by Augustus »

Quote: liste, you can make a list of most urgent questions about the subnet - and I can even answer them.
but that will end your theorizing, right?
so
but if you want - I'm waiting for a list of questions Quote End.
Quote (again:)get Apo on board, and organize a list, the forum seems to be the best place for it Quote End.
My questions:
1. What ethenicity is Liz?
2. Is Submachine the name people in the desert
gave to the place unther their feat?
3. Why are Liz and Mur dressed in Green?
4. Is Murtaugh your alter ego?
5. Is the player in the Submachine in 1904?
6. Does the player time travel?
7. Is the lighthouse in Submachine 2 based
on a realy one (Outsaide structure)
8. Where are the skelitons (non head)
9. Is Liz a student of Mur.
10. Which kent are we talking about?
11. Does the Submachine have an outher shell,
not like Sub6 or the Loop, but like Cube.
12. Was the karma portal's who where build,
inspired by the onces in Sub 8.
13. Does the lighthouse bulb have an averige
voltige for any lighthouse (1000 watt)
14. Will you remake the ISubmachine puzzle
in Submachine: The Legacy, if you have not
thought about it, please do.
15. Why did you request questions?
16. Does Submachine copy non-Earth structures,
non human build.
17. What does the thin triangle symbol with
a ball inside mean?
18. Is Submachine a paralell universe?
19. What is to the right of the hatch in the
Submachine 2 basement?
20. Who digged the whole in the Submachine
21. ground gloor/green padded area.
22. What is behind the closed off area in the
Submachine 2 sewers, That we can acces and
see in the screen above.
23. What is the statue we see in the SU pi room,
similar to 452 location.
24. Is Littel Tornato right in his calculations
on how big the root is.
25. Is there such thing as in anti-human
karmic energy, like the chields we see in
Submachine 7.
26. You said you have met the guy who made
submachine, you said he was quiet a nice guy.
Who is him/her and did you meet him in the
Gdansk University?
27. What is the orange glow we see on top
of the mosc in Submachine 8.
28. Is the cat in layer 5 in Submachine 8
a statue of Einstein?
29. Is a FH-18M present in Layer 6 of
Submachine 8.
30. Are the most left and right parts of the
Submachine 9 piramide Air vents.
31. What is the difference with
Green/White/Blue karmic energy.
32: Is in SU 672 a room in the making by
Subnachine as a being.
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Re: Q&A Request of Mateusz Skutnik 5-1-2018

Post by Empoeria »

Ko9 wrote:Quote: liste, you can make a list of most urgent questions about the subnet - and I can even answer them.
but that will end your theorizing, right?
so
but if you want - I'm waiting for a list of questions Quote End.
Quote (again:)get Apo on board, and organize a list, the forum seems to be the best place for it Quote End.
where are these coming from?
Prupp
subnet technician

Post by Prupp »

The stream_chatter Discord, Mat seems to want to answer questions about SNEE/Sub (idk if only SNEE)!!!
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Hmm, what I would like to see the most is all apparent plot-holes and inconsistencies finally settled down. For example, the proper positioning of locations in the Subnet (especially the Edge and what it is protecting), or some details about Mur and Liz and their timeline (1905, etc.).

(Personally I wouldn't like to see some of the important plot questions solved right now because it would greatly undermine the point of making more Submachine games like the Engine, but I understand people wanting these questions answered at this point XD)

I'm going to reread all the Submachine discussion threads later to refresh my memory and compile my list of questions :)
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

perfect. :3

at first, I advice ask Mateusz to make it more clear: we can ask any general questions about Submachine and its main storyline in all games, or only nature of Subnet in Submachine Universe locations. Or we would make wrong list. :) aka: what kind of questions we CAN ask?

I hope you will reveal all possible plot holes and foggy plot elements and ask correct questions. :D

*still prepares to play Subnet*
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

I mean, hey, on the bright side, answers to things. Yay! On the other hand, I am pretty sure he's not prepared to answer a gazillion questions especially if they aren't well thought out and big scale. I'm sorry, but most of these seem to be focused on pointless trivia. So many of those are also yes and no questions, which are not good for getting a good answer too. Let me address some of these:

<EDIT>I am sorry for the saltiness of the following text. I don't mean anything by it personally, I was just surprised how specific and tiny detail focused some of these questions were.</EDIT>
Ko9 wrote:1. What ethenicity is Liz?
I think you're kind of asking this because you made a theory about it, however; it is not a bad question per se, because we'd really benefit from getting some more background into the politics and geography of the countries involved in colonizing the subnet in the first place.
Ko9 wrote:2. Is Submachine the name people in the desert
gave to the place unther their feat?
We've been explained time and time again that submachine was given as a name by one guy who thought the machines were all underground. Better formulated question:

Where exactly is the desert and what significance does it hold to Murtaugh and Elizabeth?
Ko9 wrote:3. Why are Liz and Mur dressed in Green?
Look, symbolism of colours in their religion is not technically a bad topic, but I really that's one of the biggest questions anyone here has. What if Mateusz says - and I'd expect he would - "because I felt like it".
Ko9 wrote:4. Is Murtaugh your alter ego?
This is not about the Subnet.
Ko9 wrote:5. Is the player in the Submachine in 1904?
6. Does the player time travel?
These seem too specific. Better question: "Could you explain the player's journey in your own words and how long it took?" Also: "Why was the player in the Subnet?"
Ko9 wrote:7. Is the lighthouse in Submachine 2 based
on a realy one (Outsaide structure)
This is not about the Subnet, and frankly, I expect the answer is no.
Ko9 wrote:8. Where are the skelitons (non head)
What does this even mean? Both this and 7 have such bad grammar they're hard to understand. Whose skeletons? The explorers?
Ko9 wrote:9. Is Liz a student of Mur.
I thought we already knew that, no, Elizabeth and Murtaugh considered each other equals? Sure, I'd like to know more about the cult they created, but this is not the question that's going to give us that.
Ko9 wrote:10. Which kent are we talking about?

This... you know what, this is trivia, but I'd like to know too. It shouldn't be impossible at this point to know, but it is, even with the image of the sign in SubVerse. Answer this thing. We need to know some geopolitics for this game since it apparently has them.
Ko9 wrote:11. Does the Submachine have an outher shell,
not like Sub6 or the Loop, but like Cube.
Not a bad question exactly. Not exactly pressing information, but I'd like to know about how the expansion of the Subnet looks like.
Ko9 wrote:12. Was the karma portal's who where build,
inspired by the onces in Sub 8.
Okay, this is not a bad question, but begs to be reworded. I mean, we know Murtaugh created karma portals in the core and developed that technology, but... Maybe: "Was Murtaugh's karma portal technology inspired by the beamer technology in Submachine 8?" Or did you mean something else?
Ko9 wrote:13. Does the lighthouse bulb have an averige
voltige for any lighthouse (1000 watt)
I doubt he himself knows. Also, let us not be coy, because there is literally no point in that. Why are you asking questions in subterfuge when we finally have a chance for staight answers?

"What is the power output of a wisdom gem, considering a lighthouse lamp is usually about 1 kW and Sub2 heavily implies that the lighthouse lamp is more powerful than a wisdom gem?" is the real question you're asking here.
Ko9 wrote:14. Will you remake the ISubmachine puzzle
in Submachine: The Legacy, if you have not
thought about it, please do.
This is not a story question. It is not even a question. Why is this here...?
Ko9 wrote:15. Why did you request questions?
This is not a story question either, but I'd kind of like him to answer it, if only to react to Apocrypha's criticism.
Ko9 wrote:16. Does Submachine copy non-Earth structures,
non human build.
I don't even understand what is being asked.
Ko9 wrote:17. What does the thin triangle symbol with
a ball inside mean?
Same goes for this one.
Ko9 wrote:18. Is Submachine a paralell universe?
No.
Ko9 wrote:19. What is to the right of the hatch in the
Submachine 2 basement?
I thought we already knew? Also, who cares?
Ko9 wrote:20. Who digged the whole in the Submachine
Oh Lord. Better: "Why is there so much void in the Subnet? How did it get there?"
Ko9 wrote:21. ground gloor/green padded area.
This is literally not even a question.

Red bricks.

Happy?? :?: :?: :?: :|
Ko9 wrote:22. What is behind the closed off area in the
Submachine 2 sewers, That we can acces and
see in the screen above.
This is a repeat question too, I see. At least this has proper grammar. I don't blame you for wanting to know, but this is such nitpicky stuff, I can't see why you care. You are told to ask about your questions and problems with the story and you start babbling on about where fucking vents lead and what statues mean. Focus for just one second here and think what you are doing!
Ko9 wrote:23. What is the statue we see in the SU pi room,
similar to 452 location.
<sarcasm>Also, Mateusz, tell us what is the meaning of the Buddha statues in Submachine 7, I am oh so interested!</sarcasm>

Also, Mateusz told us he made them up, didn't he?
Ko9 wrote:24. Is Littel Tornato right in his calculations
on how big the root is.
There are better ways of asking this question, but, yeah. How big is it?
Ko9 wrote:25. Is there such thing as in anti-human
karmic energy, like the chields we see in
Submachine 7.
Way to answer your own question there. Good job, I am proud you.
Ko9 wrote:26. You said you have met the guy who made
submachine, you said he was quiet a nice guy.
Who is him/her and did you meet him in the
Gdansk University?
Maybe, just maybe, you could consider, JUST LET THE IDEA SLIP INTO YOUR MIND, HMM, that the most pressing question about the creator of the Subnet is not where he and Mateusz drank their second cup of coffee, per chance???

Who was he? Where did he come from? Was Submachine a government project or a personal one? What was the original purpose of the project? Did he get blamed for the project going wrong? What did they do with it after the collapse, if anything?

Literally any of these questions would be more interesting than where he and Mateusz met. The answer would probably be "Submerged under the surface of my mind ;)" anyway. Or Mateusz would take advantage of it being a yes or no question and say: "no".
Ko9 wrote:27. What is the orange glow we see on top
of the mosc in Submachine 8.
28. Is the cat in layer 5 in Submachine 8
a statue of Einstein?
29. Is a FH-18M present in Layer 6 of
Submachine 8.
30. Are the most left and right parts of the
Submachine 9 piramide Air vents.
I think I made my stance here clear about trivial yes or no questions about minuscule details. Look, I'd like to know if they are air vents and if different suns exist on different layers too, but these are not story questions.

As for 29: I don't know, is it? Maybe use your eyes and see? You are asking this to establish the age of layer 6, I know you are. HOW ABOUT YOU ASK THAT QUESTION INSTEAD, HMM? Did this really not occur to you?
Ko9 wrote:31. What is the difference with
Green/White/Blue karmic energy.
YES! This! Now you're talking! A good question!
Ko9 wrote:32: Is in SU 672 a room in the making by
Subnachine as a being.
I mean, I thought that was obvious? But, sure, I'd like more confirmation about how Submachine creates locations.

I am going to limit myself to five broader questions for now, but try to make them count.

1) What is the purpose of the Root in the Submachine storyline? What was it used for and who by and for how long? Why was there an observation room; is the place still used? In short: what is special about the Root, outside of it being the first man-made Submachine?

2) What does the Defense System actually do? Who are the turrets for and where are they pointed? Does it govern the subbots? Does it protect the Core or is it at the outer edge of the outer rim? Are the defenses in or out?

3) What were the seven-layer bullets used for and when? Was there a war between followers of Murtaugh and those who opposed him? Did people try to kill Murtaugh later? How did this affect Murtaugh? How did this affect the Subnet?

4) When was the Lab created and for what purpose? Was it a part of the attempt to understand the collapse and rapid expansion? If not, what was it for and who controlled it?

5) What is the purpose of the player's journey? Are we a student going through a museum ride or what? How long after the events described in the notes is player actually situated in? Months? Years? Centuries? Millennia?
Last edited by Anteroinen on 06 Jan 2018 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Okay, here is my list of questions (***: very important, **: somewhat important, *: not very important)

SPACE

*** How does one reconcile the following facts?
1) The Lighthouse is connected to the Root, which is part of the Outer Rim.
2) The Lighthouse is in the Core.
3) The Outer Rim is outside the Core (and possibly separated from it by the Edge).

*** Where is the Edge located exactly? Is it a wall between the Core and the Outer Rim, or is it surrounding the Outer Rim? Or both things are true, and we travel to the outer part to disable the inner part's defenses? How does one explain the human infestation map in Submachine 6?

* Is the starry background in Submachine 8's layer 2 fake, or is Submachine really so big that it can host whole stars inside it?

** What is the true layout of the Lighthouse? Is the painting shown in Submachine 1 correct? If so, why can't we see the entrance nor the third floor window in Submachine 2?

TIME

*** What are the specific moments during the series that the player travels in time, and roughly how many years/decades/etc. do they go forwards/backwards?

** At which date does the first game take place?

** What is the rough timeline of the "Sub-Eras" and the "Dynasties"? When did the singularity happen?

* What happened exactly in the period between Submachine 4 and 5? The player woke up in a bed at the start of Sub5, with food and coffee, and there are no signs of them having been teleported recently; how did they get there?

LAYERS

** Are layers and sublayers actually arranged in a continuum similar to the number line, as the note from Submachine 10 suggests? That is, is there a sublayer 1.5 between layer 1 and layer 2, a sublayer 1.25 between layer 1 and sublayer 1.5, and so on?

* If so, what is there after layer 7? Does the structure wrap back to layer 1, like the numbers in a clock or like in a Submachine loop? Or there is simply nothing past it?

* What distinguishes the seven main layers from all other sublayers?

** In layer 8, if all atoms are "frozen in time", why can the player move?

*** What are the specific moments during the series that the player changes layer, and which layer do they end up each time?

I'm also interested in the answers to Ko9's question about the colors of karma portals/energy and to Anteroinen's five questions.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Mateusz confirmed we can ask any kind of questions? Not only about SNEE locations? But about Sub1-10 plot, general history and nature of submachines?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

It's about Submachine in general, yeah.

He also said this:
I said: make ONE LIST OF QUESTIONS
not a thread of 20 pages that I'll have to comb through, ok?
and rank them in order of importance:
1. very important, can't live anymore without knowing the answer
2. something is bugging me can you help
3. casual questions like: ethnicity of Liz......
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Well, I am sorry, I was not aware we could not discuss what to ask before presenting him with the questions, Jeez. Also, yeah, I think Vortex' questions are really good too.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."