Submachine 9: the Temple

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: Submachine 9: the Temple

Post by Sublevel 113 »

I remember my very first theory: We awakened with amnesia in unknown place, sucesfully solved puzzle and escaped to freedom, at the coast of the sea, were immediatelly debunked after I closed Sub1 and started Sub2. T-T

Actually, I always thought that mover is the same.
Last edited by Sublevel 113 on 07 Mar 2017 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

To be fair, I did too. (Weird right? I spent the whole discussion arguing from basically the opposite standpoint). That's something I've noticed through these games: sometimes those types of assumptions are virtually valid because so much happens and the pieces are so unput-together and strung out that you're almost forced to make these assumptions in order to get anywhere.

Now to figure out why the mover was being suspended in just the void, in which I'm prepared to defend my standpoint that the gray mover was prepared to be taken back to S1 after we left it.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Sublevel 105 wrote:I remember my very first theory: We awakened with amnesia in unknown place, sucesfully solved puzzle and escaped to freedom, at the coast of the sea, were immediatelly debunked after I started closed Sub1 and Sub2. T-T

Actually, I always thought that mover is the same.
I think we are this guy:
Life's goal wrote:- You can't fix everything, just let it go. Submachine doesn't need your help. It's fine as it is.

- You know you're taking away my life's goal, right?

- We'll find you a new one, don't worry. You were part of this organism, I admit, a crucial one, but just a part nonetheless. You can't think of yourself any bit higher. That would be arrogant, and't that's not you anymore.

- What would I do without you, my dear...
Granted that could be Murtaugh talking to Liz with the last Line of the note might being it. But I digress. It WAS found in the Submachine One Location. That is the only reason why I think this since we wake up in the basement. The whole series was our new 'Life Goal'. Simple, it's a "We've done what we can to help out. Now we simply need to leave the rest to Mur and Liz and Leave." With the two different Endings in Sub 3, the one who told us our new life goal went on ahead, and die in the Loop. And the player who woke up escape the loop.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

Sublevel 105 wrote:We awakened with amnesia.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
LOL.
Yeah, nope.
:D
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

MateuszSkutnik wrote:
Sublevel 105 wrote:We awakened with amnesia.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
LOL.
Yeah, nope.
:D
Thnak you, my Sublord.
Now we know for sure! :3
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

The first words of Submachine 2, from 2006 are literally:

I DIDN'T WAKE UP IN A ROOM.
AND I DO REMEMBER.

So what exactly new are we discovering here? After 11 years? :D
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

I DIDN'T WAKE UP IN A ROOM
AND I DO REMEMBER
and next line:
I REMEMBER I HAD A STRANGE DREAM

He remembers he had a dream about Submachine 1. Nothing else.
:P

At least that's what I though when I played Sub2 for first time.

Btw, what does "I DIDN'T WAKE UP IN A ROOM" mean? He didn't woke up in house room but in lighthouse digouts?

And still, did Player lose consciousness or lost mind for short time after exiting karma portal in arcade machine or what? I didn't get why he said "I was playing a game. Submachine. I remember finishing that game. But I don't remember waking up from that dream"...
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I thinkthe first sentences were just meant to be in contraposition to how it usually goes in escape games, this:

"I WOKE UP IN A ROOM
AND I DON'T REMEMBER"

:P
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

@Vortex: Did Player play many flash games (Crimson room, Viridian room, etc) before he ended up in Submachine? XD
than I have a theory who Player is...

Actually, it's a good theory (about contraposition, not about Player the flash games player, lol). I remember there was such talk before.
And Mateusz likes to place references, tributes, and other stuff in Submachine games.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

@sublevel I have... Damm I miss 2007...