Boingo's theories

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: The Physics of the Subnet

Post by Vortex »

That's right DX
but that reinforces the idea of alien plants, or your idea about a source of light. They would die without photosynthesis.

I also like the spacesuit idea, it looks likely, especially since we've been in many places open to the void.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:There must be oxygen... how would those Sub7 plants live if not? also, in Sub4, Sub5 there are some chemical reactions, which I would see difficult to happen in an ambient with no oxygen and/or no atmospheric pressure. Though maybe those were alien plants and those reactions could have been done with zero pressure and no oxygen... I don't know, but it seems a bit unlikely that we're in a vacuum.
1) No aliens :P
2) RedAfro hit the nail on the head:
Redafro wrote:Dude, why would they need oxygen if there is no light to photosynthesize? They wouldn't photosynthesize their own light. You wouldn't spend the energy to make light just so you can make energy from the light... unless there is some free source of light or energy they are collecting and re-illuminating... which is kind of wasteful. But actually, now that I say that, it is starting to sound likely... so long as we could find a good source of energy/light they are rebroadcasting.

I like the spacesuit idea a lot.
Remember the secret area in Sub7? Consider the following:
Deep sea or deep cave forms of life have one thing in common: fluorescence. It appears in environments lacking the sunlight. Besides being a nice eyecandy that concept fits in perfectly within the submachine universe.
What if Karma gets around the darkness and makes another kind of energy for the plants and all living things, especially us?

Sidenote: Spacesuit idea's not mine, actually thought Vortex brought it up once.
I also like the spacesuit idea, it looks likely, especially since we've been in many places open to the void.
Possibly. I don't like taking credit for the idea (I understand you guys aren't crediting me for it anyway, but just to make sure you guys know.) :P
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

Forgot who said it, but someone- perhaps Redafro? - mentioned us being strapped to a machine?

Or was it Vortex?
Gah....
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Heh, yeah, I suggested the idea of a suit. But I'm sure someone has to have suggested it before, so no point in crediting me either :)

And it was Redafro who said us being confined in the machine I think.
Redafro
subnet technician

Post by Redafro »

Yep, I finally pounded out a theory about it... I think I did at least. :/
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Forgot who said it, but someone- perhaps Redafro? - mentioned us being strapped to a machine?
Why are you bringing that up? (just curious)
Heh, yeah, I suggested the idea of a suit. But I'm sure someone has to have suggested it before, so no point in crediting me either
True, it was puzzling you forgot about the spacesuit though XD
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Told ya, I am very forgetful, lol
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

Aren't we all? :D
Redafro
subnet technician

Post by Redafro »

"World view?" Sure you got the right person? XD
Submachine World view then. XD I think you have a large, semi-comprehensive theory of what is going on that you haven't posted yet. I'd like to see it. :D
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Submachine World view then. XD I think you have a large, semi-comprehensive theory of what is going on that you haven't posted yet. I'd like to see it.
:lol: Kinda hard to put that all in one Theory, but...maybe by the end of this month? :P

By the way, is Boingo still here to talk about this or...?