auroradane's theories

auroradane
lost in subnet

auroradane's theories

Post by auroradane »

I hope it's okay to post here, but I was wondering why I have seen no discussion of Shiva(the hindu god)'s multiple arms and Murtaughs arms? Also shiva bringing destruction like murtaugh? Maybe it is just too obvious?
RockyOceanK
subbot maintenance

Re: Shiva's arms

Post by RockyOceanK »

Hi wellcome to the forum!
I really like that comparison between SHIVA and Mur in the games and it leaves space for some discussion like:
From Kent falls incident to the what exactly is SHIVA and what it/he/they did to Mur and to the other people.
I hit rock bottom
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I guess Shiva got known by Mur via Liz. She is a budist. That leaves space to think that Mur had known liz before the arm incident while camping.
RockyOceanK
subbot maintenance

Post by RockyOceanK »

Good thought but SHIVA is a Hindu god(I think) and doesn't exist in Buddhism. So I doubt it's via Liz's religious knowledge.
But when talking about the AI SHIVA then I assume he somehow knew about it's existence and wanted to use it to gain his powers by having it give them to him through the waterfall of Kent. (I think someone had a theory about it in which case I agree with them). I really believe that Shiva is nothing more than the AI controlling/being above/palying a huge role in the Subnet and he is just named after the Hindu god by the humans who found a resemblance to the AI and the God Shiva.
I hit rock bottom
reed
subnet technician

Post by reed »

I have an impression it was proven that Shiva is an AI. Anyway, I'm wondering why on earth it would give a human such a power. To change the evolution of the subnet somehow? or to destroy itself? or probably just by an accident.
no, you're not getting out of here. no way.

operatorsandthings.tumblr.com
RockyOceanK
subbot maintenance

Post by RockyOceanK »

Ι see the kent falls incident as Mur somehow "hacking" shiva. Or manipulating it like we did with the defenses in the edge and made shiva give him the power.(???)
I hit rock bottom
auroradane
lost in subnet

Post by auroradane »

I was not referring to S.H.I.V.A, but the symbolism of the name and imagery of shiva the hindu god in a symbolic way, and what it may hint about mur and S.H.I.V.A. I probably should have been clearer about that. Sorry about that :)
RockyOceanK
subbot maintenance

Post by RockyOceanK »

It's okay I also got a bit carried away. :/
I hit rock bottom
auroradane
lost in subnet

Post by auroradane »

Well, I agree,I do think the Kent incident somehow connected mur with S.H.I.V.A. If we look at S.H.I.V.A, as a multilayer sentien entity, mur became a multi layer traveler/ sentient entity by virtue of his arm. The waterfall is also often used a portal imagery. Behind a waterfall is a cave etc etc.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

auroradane wrote:I hope it's okay to post here, but I was wondering why I have seen no discussion of Shiva(the hindu god)'s multiple arms and Murtaughs arms? Also shiva bringing destruction like murtaugh? Maybe it is just too obvious?
I think no one has discussed it exactly because the conneciton is pretty clear. But still, since no one has discussed it, the discussion is open :D
RockyOceanK wrote:Good thought but SHIVA is a Hindu god(I think) and doesn't exist in Buddhism. So I doubt it's via Liz's religious knowledge.
But when talking about the AI SHIVA then I assume he somehow knew about it's existence and wanted to use it to gain his powers by having it give them to him through the waterfall of Kent. (I think someone had a theory about it in which case I agree with them). I really believe that Shiva is nothing more than the AI controlling/being above/palying a huge role in the Subnet and he is just named after the Hindu god by the humans who found a resemblance to the AI and the God Shiva.
I agree.