Submachine Ψ: the Fanzine

RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Re: Submachine Ψ: the Fanzine

Post by RuloCore »

Vortex wrote:Yeah, I meant that. To show roughly how it would look like in practice.
not btw. Look examples of fanzines (there is a very extense variety of fanzine culture in spain for example)
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Ok, so when would we start working on it? After Sub10?
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Rulo said we could start in 2016.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

2016 and after Sub10 is almost the same :P
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

well, yeah, after the Sub10 rage. I mean, after the game has come out, everyone more or less have played it, and things get a bit calm. We have the entire year :)
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Okay :D
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

I'm up for the challenge!

One question, though: what should be the spoiler orientation of our fanzine? Full of explanations, geared towards series veterans, or towards newcomers and to spread the subword? Because making this happen in the second case will be harder, and better thought. We need to give just enough information about the series to keep the reader engaged, but no spoilers up to, um, Sub4? Which pretty much means we can "show" the storyline up to Sub2 (lol at Sub3), and leave it at that.

The only problem is, the picture we had of the Submachine storyline has changed with each game. Imagine the world of Submachine with only the information we have up to Sub4 or Sub5. No trace of layers, ancient underground temples, hidden deities, and weird cultures, right? With each new game released, we had a better understanding of the plot, and of the overall universe. One who plays Sub2 and tries to comprehend the story by the hints they're given in that game will have a much different concept of the universe than they will when they reach Sub7, or Sub9.

Remember that this may yet happen again. Sub10 is a complete mystery thus far. We know not if it will change our views in a significative manner, or just explain and clear what we already know.
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

That's... right. It's one of the biggest problems here. The only two possible solutions are: making a fanzine only for veteran fans or people who has played all the episodes, then warning a big SPOILER ALERT at the start; or making a section for every episode, like a book, and showcasing related artwork to every episode only in their corresponding section, making the new players to somehow get to play episode n before starting section n, then playing episode n+1 before starting section n+1, in a chronological way. This way we could focalize the artworks, theories, notes and trivia in years of releasing / episodes.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I think the immense majority of people who read the fanzine will either be new to the game series or have already played all the games. I don't think many people would want to play half of the games and leave it there. So two sections would be enough, not?
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

well, I know some people who told me they played episode 1 or 2 (usually it's those ones) but then left it... because it was too boring.