Farewell Apocrypha

Rever Man
lost in subnet

Farewell Apocrypha

Post by Rever Man »

Goodbye Apocrypha.

You were the leader of the community, the one who knew the most. You are the one that mostly set up the SubWiki. You were Error 3113 when I first peaked at the community and I always look at you from under, like a mentor. You are the one who made the community what it is today. You are not a member like any other, and I'll forever be thankful for that. Your departure from the community will probably impact us a lot. However, I accept the fact that you're leaving. You might forget me, but please never forget us. I will never forget the moment you solved my puzzle live ^_^. Oh well, goodbye Apocrypha. You had always inspired me to get involved in the community, and you were one of my mentor.

-Rever Man
Rever Man
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: Farewell Apocrypha

Post by Sublevel 113 »

whoa, APo is leaving? He told that in Skype?
Rever Man
lost in subnet

Post by Rever Man »

Sublevel 107 wrote:whoa, APo is leaving? He told that in Skype?
He left Skype, Discord and Mat's discord. He also implied his departure in his latest videos
Rever Man
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Oh...
What reason?
Searching life pathway, or something with community?
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Makes sense.
The path becomes less muddle when the board is clear.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Faustas
lost in subnet

Post by Faustas »

Sublevel 107 wrote:Oh...
What reason?
Searching life pathway, or something with community?
So from what i know (and it might not be correct because im stupid), he left due to the fact of speedrunning, it was getting on his nerves, people even as a meme wrote to "speedrun speedpainting" He got pissed off with the fact of us Speedrunning the game, i mean i might not be correct but this is the last message he wrote in #root_spoilers
""Apocrypha - 12/20/2017
"who cares if a tongue exists! wheres the cipher plates? Kappa" - add something about speedrunning and youve essentially captured the essence of Submachine Discord. It could not more perfectly be summed up(edited)""

and

Apocrypha - 12/20/2017
I honestly have nothing else to say
Asmodean_ - 12/20/2017
What about "sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
ElizabethBOT - 12/20/2017
:Wisdom_Crystal: Apocrypha jumped into the void. They shall be missed.

It's honestly really sad to see a valuable person in the submachine community to leave, hope he might visit us sometime.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Bye Apoc.
Prupp
subnet technician

Post by Prupp »

Yeeeeeeah, it's not speedrunning, although it may have contributed. I think the forums around Mat's creations just changed too much too quickly when he was under pressure from his personal life, or something. I think he could've handled everything, like all of us do, if something in his private life hadn't interfered.

I'm quite certain he's coming back, sooner or later. A few years, a decade, who knows. Everyone needs a break sometimes. Maybe Submachine grew too big a part of him, and maybe it needs to deflate to fit other things in his life in. If he's currently in college/university, I think it's pretty self-explanatory.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

But it is like to much every two months. Which is lame. I just say I need a quick break. I am just disapointed to be honest. We should just move on. He'll come back and I think this threa(d or t) will have 32 pages at some point.
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

Oh my god can we stop second guessing him and talking about him this way???
He hasn't even said goodbye himself yet, you're all getting ahead of yourselves. And I also don't think speculation is warranted.