Pastel ID Project (Jatsko)

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Pastel ID Project (Jatsko)

Post by Jatsko »

For my plan to restructure the PastelLand Foundation Wiki, I'm deciding to undertake the arduous task of assigning an ID number of sorts to each Pastel Member.

Of new forums and old.

Basic plan: The ID number will be a part of a larger infobox for each member page which will have a bunch of other things in it, but the point of the ID number itself will be just to help illustrate how new or old some members are :D

A member is considered anyone who has made at least 1 post for ProBoards, 2 for Rewolucje, and probably two for the other forums as well. That being said, page creation on the Wiki will be limited, at least initially, only to members that are currently active and are, well, members. Hence the mass deletion of pages from the Wiki and saving a few for all active members currently.

I'm not sure exactly how to structure the number, and I want to hear your thoughts. I have three formats in mind:

1)
P-xxxxx

Where "xxxxx" is the number member you are to register across any of the forums (all are considered part of one long string);

2)
P-nn-xxxxx

Where "xxxxx" is the same, and additionally "nn" is a two-digit number corrseponding to the version of the forum that the member first registered in according to this key structured by me/Vortex/Ant (this is also the standard that we're using to determine Generations):
KEY wrote: 01 = ProBoards
02 = Rewolucje
03 = BBPress Forums
04 = phpbb Pastel Forum (under Mateusz)
05 = phpbb Pastel Land (under - ak -)
3)
P-nn-xxxxx

Same as 2, but "xxxxx" stands for the number member you are just in the forum you initially registered in.

So far Ant, Vort, and I have worked hard to find names and have come up with almost all possible ProBoard members available from the Wayback Machine, as well as the first 50 members of Rewolucje:
listprog1.png
listprog1.png (106.26 KiB) Viewed 7418 times
Notice that the yellow numbers are the "master listing" of members across all forums and the green is specific to each forum.

So for example using Death Road, his IDs for all three methods would be:

1) P-00021
2) P-02-00021
3) P-02-00010

A special note: through our intense research we are 99% sure that there are two ProBoard members (9 and 10) that had at least registered accounts between 8 and 11, but we were not able to retrieve any information on their names, number of posts, or even if they posted at all in the first place. However by process of elimination they had to have registered before #11. Trust me; we SCOURED the archives and couldn't access any of that information. feelsbadman

So how can you help?

1) For everyone: let me know which ID method makes the most sense to you and get that discussion going. I think all three have upsides and downsides depending on how you want the IDs to be portrayed.

2) For everyone but especially older members: As this list gets updated, LET ME KNOW of any names yo see that belong to other users, and if you see users that you know went by other names, please let me know of them! That will help to reduce both confusion and the size of the final list. So far I have stuck to the notion that users will be expressed by their latest username with extras in parentheses.

Let me know your thoughts! This will take a while.

Also, for fun, I made a graph showing the most popular days in the early days of the forum that people registered:
graph.png
graph.png (40.31 KiB) Viewed 7418 times
Last edited by Jatsko on 16 Jan 2019 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: Pastel ID Project (Apocrypha)

Post by Sublevel 113 »

wow
looks amazing research.
*pats*
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Ant did also a lot of research :D Yeah this will be a pain ion the ass but it is awesome :D
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Sublevel 107 wrote:wow
looks amazing research.
*pats*
we could help with our forum copies too, after the Rewolucje part is finished.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

definitely!
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Thanks for the support; please take a look at the last two sections marked 1) and 2) if you haven't already.

Actually, anyone who knows anything about multiple names in the forum history should let me know; I'm keeping a running list.
reed
subnet technician

Post by reed »

2) From the Welcome thread: Lucas Gelati = Oilage, Theta = Oleander, Subman = Diamonds (correct me if I'm wrong). (One day I was terribly bored and read it).
1) I'd stick with the second method, because it gives a better sense of the bigger picture, so to speak. Also, "P" doesn't bear any information and is therefore unnecessary.
no, you're not getting out of here. no way.

operatorsandthings.tumblr.com
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I like method 2 too.

There is also raziel=chaos=arkla (=many other names that I will probably remember when I see them).
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Heh, when I started in my ID project, it was intended to focus on the verse of my stories rather than anything else, at some point the whole thing ended being a disproportional mix of reality and fiction. I approve this project, lets keep it real this time.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Much easier to put generations 4 and 5 together; below is a rough draft of all the names before condensing. I'm using the split date October 31st 2014 as that's when - ak - officially posted the link to this current forum.

I've also included a link to the full xlsx file in my Pastel Inspirations > Pastel Land folder.
graph4and5rd.png
graph4and5rd.png (213.42 KiB) Viewed 7345 times