Paranormal Thread (things we probably can't explain...)

Do you believe in ghosts?

YES
37%
Submachine rules! (that means NO)
63%

Total votes: 19
Anonymous2
subnet notes finder

Re: Paranormal Thread (things we probably can't explain...)

Post by Anonymous2 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT_ePwqAe0s

Earlier tonight I was laying in bed and all of a sudden my faucet starting running water in the bathroom, this can be easily explained as pressure build up in pipes, but me being the curious one decided to record a bit, in the bathroom. It was about 1:30am, everyone is asleep, the only thing you can hear are the cars outside and fridge humming. Closed the windows, closed the door, to block out any noise contamination.

And this is the end results... three clips I recovered.

The fourth clip is actually taken at my parents place, when I house sat for them earlier this month. I had an experience where, I was in the basement on my computer, and heard voices and noises coming from upstairs, there are cats in the house, but they were asleep when I went upstairs, and the windows were shut, no tv was on. I heard a woman's voice say "where" and a man's voice say "over there" followed by footsteps and scraping noises. Found nothing but sleeping cats when investigating. So I sat down on the couch and recorded a bit and got the fourth clip.

1st clip: I told you (so)
2nd clip: Please lay me down
3rd clip: no idea what it is saying
4th clip: whispers/sobbing

You might want to turn the volume up and get a pair of headphones to listen to, YouTube damaged the quality of the video. Just a thought.
collinbollin
subbot maintenance

Post by collinbollin »

DRUNK COLLIN AGAIN, SORRY FOR COMMENTINT IM IN CAPS SO YOU KNOW ITS ME. SO I HAVE A SPOOKY SCARY GHOST STORY. TWO ACTUALY, ONE INVOLVIGN A SCHOOL FEILD TRIP AND WATCHING A GHOST COMIT SUISIDE ON AN ABANDONED GRAIN ELIVATOR AND ONE BEING A GHOST PLANEEEEE (THAT WOULD BE CAPS FOR EMPHASIS BUT IM AREADY FAPS SO SORRY) YEAH WELL A PLANE CRASHED ABOVE MY TOWN FOR AN AIR SHOR FIVE YEARS BEFORE I SAW I CRASH AND I SAW IT CRASH AND WAS LIKE WOAHHHH, AND I WANTED TO PUKE, BUT THE PILOT AWAS LONG DEAD

YOU PROB DONT BELIEVE ME BUT I TELL TEH TRUTH I SWEAR PLEAZ BELEIVE

[Edit]: lets just hide this, tl;dr I was drunk and wanted share a scary story. scroll down to see a legible one.
Last edited by collinbollin on 31 Jul 2015 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
*takes a shot of karmic water* who's ready for some submachine
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

Whut.
Is this my final form?
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I will listen as long as there are no ear-rapes or jumpscares :p
collinbollin
subbot maintenance

Post by collinbollin »

I'm so sorry, alright let me try to explain with a non clouded mind.

Once when I was in grade 6 or so, my class went on a school field trip, the trip was uneventful enough that i forgot where we even went, but on the way back to class we went over the bridge in our town. This bridge wasn't over a river like most are, instead the bridge lifted us over a web of railways, Our town was a main hub for most train tracks and this was where they all converged. Anyways here in Saskatchewan the majority of towers are for lifting grain to dump in train cars, we call them grain elevators. Anyways on this particular trip I was spaced out as usual, looking at the building go by when I noticed someone standing on a balcony in the abandoned elevator, I focused my attention to that figure when I saw them climb up on the railing and drop, much like my stomach did at the sight of it. As i saw them plummet my stomach churned, time slowed so that what would have taken less than a second was 10 seconds, but half way down, the figure dissipated inexplicably. Immediately after the incident I wrote it off as my imagination getting to me.

A while after I mentioned it to a friend who just stared at me for a second and responded with: "You saw it too?" That is what was the final straw for me, this wasn't simply my imagination. We did some quick research on google and found that 12 years beforehand the owner of the place threw himself from a balcony since his company went bankrupt. with him dead and the company still bankrupt, no one did anything about the building. We concluded that what we saw was a memory from the past, perhaps a restless soul repeating the events of that day,or just that moment.

Since then my opinion hasn't changed, what we saw was as real as us, whether it was ghosts or not supernatural at all. Since then I still take "ghost stories" with a grain of salt, but I never immediately shrug them off as delusion or a made up story to make kids shiver.
*takes a shot of karmic water* who's ready for some submachine
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

0_o
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

Heh.
Is this my final form?
RoentgenDevice
subnet notes finder

Post by RoentgenDevice »

That's a cool story

(Avoiding "cool story, bro" because that sounds sarcastic)
The net is vast and infinite
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

This thread has been inactive for a while, and I'm in the mood to share a few stories, so here we go;

I don't remember this but it's a story my mom told me about myself, when I was a wee child, maybe about 3 years old.
We were staying with a friend or acquaintance of my mom's, and this place was supposed to be haunted or something like that. It was close to an old abandoned monastery. Of course 3-year old me had no concept of haunted places or old religious institutions; however one evening I came running to her excitedly and said "Mom, I saw Santa Claus!!" Then I described having seen a person that looked like a monk.

Needless to say there hadn't been any monks around there in a long time and I had never seen one before either, which is why the only thing that made sense to me was that it had to be Santa Claus. :D
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

It definitely was Mur or Elizabeth, looking for another beamer point. ;)

now srsl: do you believe in supernatural?