Jatsko's fanfics (discussion)

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Jatsko's fanfics (discussion)

Post by Jatsko »

No, I'm not trying to cop Vortex's fame by making this (BEAST) although I will admit the fact that his story is under way helped me to believe that these forum stories are really possible. However I will be doing all the writing for this, not like a command-style. Much more traditional.

:lol:

A combination of the release of SubFLFHD, the theories about Layers and inter-layer travel, and a binge-watching run of "LOST" led me to have an idea to write this. It will explore a type of Submachine world as viewed by characters before we (the Player) entered it.

So far I'm thinking of integrating this list of concepts into the novel. This list is extremely flexible and will probably change a lot after Sub10 comes out, which is why I'm waiting until September to actually start writing it. But in the meantime we can use this thread to discuss what y'all would like to see in this. It can be additional concepts, characters/suggested appearances, Submachine events that we saw in the games, and events that can happen in the story.

This is what I've thought of so far:

-interlayer travel (obviously) and its consequences
-Navigator history
-Henry O' Toole
-research teams (maybe parts of their exploration from their perspectives?)
-Murtaugh and Liz (based on whatever else we learn from Sub10. Maybe they will only play a role toward the end, as sort of their beginning to tie into the beginning of the actual game series)

Feel free to post ideas and ask questions!

EDIT: Also I'm not sure of the actual name, but 'Layer: Before Submachine' is what I thought of a while ago so I guess it can be a good placeholder for now.
Last edited by Jatsko on 16 Jan 2019 21:54, edited 5 times in total.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Layer (MiniNovel)-discussion

Post by Vortex »

that looks very interesting :D

you could also make a gag of Einstein randomly appearing and disappearing :P
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

But my theory states that Einstein doesn't appear and disappear at random intervals... I wouldn't want to go against my proudly published work :lol:

EDIT: We'll see what the deal is with Einstein when Sub10 comes out, if he is more than just a regular cat.
RoentgenDevice
subnet notes finder

Post by RoentgenDevice »

Awesooome! I want to read. :mrgreen:

Will you make it a "Meta"-Story, that shows the Submachines as a game series, or a traditional story that makes them appear real?
The net is vast and infinite
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I think I'm going to make it as much like a realistic fiction work as I can.

I'm really leaning heavily toward the idea of focusing a lot on the members of research teams and their events and experiences...
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

*Insert title here* - Jatsko's fanfic

Post by Jatsko »

Ah--here it is. Found the thread!

Yeah so I brought this up in my T and S thread, but it's true home for discussion is here. I don't expect any of you to respond to this yet as I am still planning out how the fanfic will go, but when the time comes I'll use this thread to separate comments from the actual written work.

Also, disregard anything I wrote in the first post. I threw those ideas out because I didn't want to provide information that might be changed due to Sub10 or side games coming out.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: *Insert title here* - Jatsko's fanfic

Post by Sublevel 113 »

at first I read it as The Land before Submachine
XD

wow
that would be amazing!

if you CAN do it (because it could be really hard to bring it to life, you know...), I will wait for release!!!
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I'll tell you this; it's going to be the land after Submachine. I guess I can give you a general idea of what I'm going for...

It's actually going to be two fanfics, melded into one. I've decided pretty easily on what the first is called:

Submachine 11: The Forbidden Ground
The Player escaped from the Submachine. But he is not back into the real world just yet...

the second one doesn't have a title as of yet but it can best be described as:

A young man gets accepted into a company that lies at the source of a mysterious government conspiracy. His job takes him to a world only heard about in lores and media myths.
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

Text story?
Is this my final form?
bender
wisdom crystal finder

Post by bender »

Error_3113 wrote: The Player escaped from the Submachine. But he is not back into the real world just yet...
Wait a second...

Isn't it just the smell watermelons?

Submachine 11: The Farm

Coming Late 2016
Bender sucks