Jatsko's fanfics (discussion)

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Re: Jatsko's fanfics (discussion)

Post by Jatsko »

Sublevel 105 wrote:happy.
:3
Well, at least it's not destructive criticism.
Sublevel 105 wrote:Just please, don't abandon any of your work. :D
Who do you think I am? That should be the last thought you have. (Do you not see how much I'm talking about these fanfics...?)

I pride myself on always finishing my forum projects, unless I give a good reason not to continue them. (FNaS, Pastel Ambient Tournament...)

Though your statement is still valid, and it's a good check for me that people outside myself are expecting this to happen. At least one person, anyway.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Submachine: The Runner ---> Start

http://archiveofourown.org/works/678451 ... s/15502735

For those who are interested, I’ve started “Submachine: The Runner”, one of three Submachine fanfics I have planned. I had a good idea pop into my head, so for the sake of time and a good pun I “ran with it”.

I’m not exactly sure how you keep track of a fanfic update on AO3, but hopefully if you’re interested and want to follow its progress you shouldn’t have too many problems.

Feedback and questions/comments are of course always welcome. Lemme know what you think.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Hey everyone, all three fanfics have been started. If you're following them, I'd like to "take the temperature" and ask how you are liking them so far, in general. I'm making a point to not post updates all the time, just so I'm not shoving these down your throats, but I thought one was necessary since all three have been started!

If you are paying attention to them, I would like some general feedback on what you like, what you don't like, and what questions/suggestions you have for me as I continue to write these. Again, it's much appreciated, especially since I won't be providing updates that much.

Thanks for reading this!

(also, I ask responses to be only about the fanfics, from people who are reading the fanfics, so we can stay on topic ;) )
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Fanfic progress will be stopped until further notice, for three reasons:

1) JOB - My job (post-training) as a 24-hour camp counselor has officially started, meaning I am only available on weekends (technically 38 hours of rest per week), so I just don't have the time.

2) PROJECT KARMA - When I do have time to work on my breaks, I'm switching priority from the fanfics to Project Karma. I did an update recently and managed to chip away at the file renaming section, so I want to keep that ball rolling.

3) NO FEEDBACK - I don't know if this is because people are choosing to wait until the fanfics are finished before they start reading them, or if you guys simply aren't interested, but I haven't been getting responses on things you would like to see in the fanfics or want to change to what's already been written. And I don't want to write three Submachine fanfics just based on my thoughts alone. (I might end up doing that, but I'm giving you guys a chance to make it special for yourselves by offering ideas...) tldr; I don't have enough motivational support and outside ideas to continue it.

That is all. Expect another Project Karma update sometime this weekend.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Jatsko wrote:if this is because people are choosing to wait until the fanfics are finished
you know me. :)

That's sad there's no any feedbacks. Maybe Submachine died after Exit and nobody is interested... :(

But let's hope for better. Don't give up.

Goodluck with your job and leisure!
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

For those who are still interested, these are where my online priorities lie:

1) Project Karma
2) Submachine fanfics

with YouTube videos sprinkled throughout. So be reassured, I haven't abandoned those projects.

Also, I'm thinking of reworking the fanfics, one in particular. Don't be surprised - if you're already following along - if you see some major changes.

For those of you who are waiting until they're officially done, then there's nothing to worry about ;)
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Jatsko wrote: It was a hard day for the world when the reports finally came out. The people were hoping for at least some sort of semi-normal distribution. What they did get was soul-crushing. Not even hope of outliers, rogues of the world governments, provided much support.

4,673,596,061 people with a sensitivity of 1.
20,655 people with a sensitivity of 2, none of whom were active.
6 people with a sensitivity of 3, none active. And none above that. Certainly not anyone with a 7.

That was all. Of all the people on Earth, none had full sensitivity and activation. And only six made it past a two.

From the S2s, about four thousand of them immediately volunteered themselves to HYPNOS, who had anticipated a possible shortage and was searching for research subjects. This didn't come as news to anyone. Indeed, there was almost an expectation that some did come forward and provide the ultimate sacrifice.

But the whole world was shocked yet again, after the numbers sank in, when two of the S3s also came forward to HYPNOS. It sparked a controversy the likes of which had never been seen before. People told them to stay home. Others applauded their decision. The news media both condemned them and put them on the highest pedestal of the public eye. Either way, their decision had to be respected. In the end, they were awarded the Cross of Valour and the Legion of Honour in their respective countries before they gave themselves to HYPNOS.

The remaining four S3s had found ways to keep themselves well hidden, away from public scrutiny. In the following years, only one rumor circulated about their whereabouts. It involved one who was known to live in the Northeast United States. According to questionable witnesses, the story was that he went insane and tried to bash his head against a rock in a state park, and when that didn't work, he tried to drown himself in a waterfall. No body had ever been found, and the park in question could not produce a body.

The two S3s who volunteered joined the 4,017 S2s in HYPNOS, fully prepared to participate in their last-ditch effort. They never walked out.

Their brains were studied. Patterns were found in their networks, and as the scientists feared, they could not be genetically manipulated or implanted in others. No one ever found a way to activate a sensitive brain.

However, the data they did collect was more than enough to build the Gates. And from there, the Bases were formed. The doorways to the other layers were finally open to all. They were quickly protected and became the seven most heavily-guarded places in the world, but the access was there. It was one of the most important advancements of the era.

To honor the two S3s who had sacrificed themselves, two gates were immediately established in their homelands. The rest were filled in accordingly:

1 - North America I: Saskatchewan
2 - North America II: California
3 - South America: Nuevo Chichen Itza
4 - Europe: Bretagne
5 - Asia I: Bali
6 - Asia II: Okinawa
7 - Africa: Giza
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

wow

I don't like to have sensitivity of 7. I am glad to be one-dimensional. :D

what this story will be about, btw?
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Not sure. Just had a thought and decided to try to write it down. I'll add more soon as they surface in my thoughts.

Will they make it into the fanfics? Possibly...
Sundex
subnet technician

Post by Sundex »

It's certainly interesting.
BACK TO THEORIES