News and Politics

Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Re: News

Post by Ancient Crystal »

Alright, Stockholm this time. Of course it all went down just I was on the subway towards Central Station. I've never seen a city go into this whole "choppers in the sky, sirens blaring, non-residents evacuating" mode before.

Oh well, made it out unharmed, at least.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

That must have been freaking surreal. Glad you're okay.

Anyone make any claims yet?
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Post by Ancient Crystal »

Not insofar as I can tell. No arrests, no named suspected people or groups. The numbers being circulated are three dead, eight wounded, but this is not confirmed. I'm also hearing from a personal contact at one of the hospitals that the latter number might be slightly larger.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

glad you're ok, Crystal
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Glad you're ok. This has been a shitty week... :(
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

Jesus. Stay safe peeps.
Empoeria

Post by Empoeria »

In other news (and I really hope this doesn't come off as douchey cause I sure don't mean it, it just came to my mind because Islam and awful people), people now suspect that Erdogan (Turkish president) is behind the chemical attacks in Syria. Also I still strongly suspect he was behind the attempted coup last year.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

So you believe the gas attacks were real, then.
Empoeria

Post by Empoeria »

????
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

There were reports going around that the gas attacks weren't real because Syria didn't have gas arms in stock. Sort of an outdated claim to make even just a day later, I understand. (I wasn't saying that I didn't think they were real; I was just allowing room for both sides of the report)

From what I know now, there was evidently another gas attack in the same place today? So I guess the strike wasn't that effective anyway?

And now the U. S. is sending another aircraft carrier to the Korea seaspace, basically forcing it to turn around and leave its planned destination of Australia.

So looks like 'Murica is still eager to kickstart some more things with other countries. Great to know. :/