anime

ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Re: anime

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

ecchi-focused...

I don't understand this term, but my brother may...
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

You're fine not understanding. Serious.

Usually, they're those sort of shows where it's all about the ecchi and nothing else really matters, and then the plot is ridiculous and progression doesn't make too much sense. High School DxD is a good example (though it gets a hold of itself and abuses less of ecchi as seasons go on), as well as Highscool Of The Dead (The author must've forgotten that the story was about zombies midway through the production).

Kill La Kill, for example, is pretty much a parody of a lot of stuff, even ecchi itself, so it doesn't really count because it's meant to be over-the-top and not serious at all. And it's not the pervert level that DxD or HotD have.

As far as Monogatari goes, there's some nudity here and there, but nothing explicit at all (The term "ecchi" isn't really specific, so both explicit and non-explicit forms fall under the same category - for many years I thought "hentai" was the explicit version and "ecchi" was the non-explicit, until I learned that "ecchi" was both ways, and "hentai"... well, you know). It's nothing bizarre, though; I didn't really feel uncomfortable with Monogatari's ecchi, and it's not like it's everywhere anyways. The fact that it's not used for the sake of throwing it in randomly for the pervs helps a bit; it's waaaaaay softer than many things out there.

TL;DR
Monogatari and KLK employ ecchi in a softer, more natural and non-explicit way (Humans do get naked from time to time, you know), unlike the sorts of DxD or HotD (Random explicit nudity for the perverts and for the perverts only).
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
Bloodhit
subnet technician

Post by Bloodhit »

One-Punch Man is awesome.
Isobel The Sorceress
subnet technician

Post by Isobel The Sorceress »

Bloodhit wrote:One-Punch Man is awesome.
Totally true ;)
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Post by Ancient Crystal »

I keep hoping that one will end with slightly a genre-savvy character showing up and killing the main character with a simple, clever application of a low-lever power. I like seeing fan bases in pain and anger.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Kinda like the FNAF fanbase after MatPat put his latest theory out
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

Finished watching Etotama.

WAY. TOO. KAWAII.

It's pretty much the kawaii Chinese Zodiac. I literally cannot describe this anime in any other way. It's quite fun to watch, too. It can put a smile on the face of anyone who just had the worst of days.

And since my Chinese Zodiac animal is the tiger, Shima-tan > all
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

Are there any good anthro animes?
Is this my final form?
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Post by Ancient Crystal »

I'd be happy to try to tell you, but that would require me to google an anime-related phrase. Not to mention one that likely relates to species semblance, seeing as it literally translates "human".
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Isobel The Sorceress
subnet technician

Post by Isobel The Sorceress »

New year, and so many new series on the air...
I wonder if I have the time to watch them o_o