Salvation- A Forum Story by Babylon [Signup and Discussion]

Babylon
subnet notes finder

Salvation- A Forum Story by Babylon [Signup and Discussion]

Post by Babylon »

The year is 2044. Humankind faces an unprecedented threat. When an extra-solar probe returning to earth crashes into Alaska, a deadly disease not from this earth breaks out, and sweeps across North America, and the wider world.
Scientists are powerless to stop this extra-terrestrial pathogen, so, six-months after the outbreak, there is just one hope for those not yet infected; get to the safe zones established by the United Nations, before the country is quarantined permanently.
You are mild mannered citizens of a single apartment block in Lincoln, Nebraska who's lives were turned upside down when the outbreak began. As the infection rapidly spirals out of control, you realize your only chance is to reach the a safe zone, before you get infected or the UN quarantines the country permanently.

There are four Safe Zones established in the United States:
-Western Seaboard (California)
-Mexican Border (Texas)
-Eastern Seaboard (Virginia)
-Great Lakes (Michigan)

So the basic idea of the game is to choose the right path, that will lead you to one of the safe zones. You do this by talking to people, hitchhiking, earning money, and deciding paths. It's pretty much a choose your own adventure book, except on a forum.
As you travel further across the country, more of the story will be revealed, but the main plot is about the group of people trying to escape the infection.
If you want to join in, just tell me on this thread now. There is no official sign up form yet, because I haven't ironed out the creases yet.

The main crease being this; do you want to have one centrally controlled character, or individual characters for each player? Once that is decided, I'm pretty much just writing a few more descriptions, and then I'm done. Hopefully play will commence next week if possible, if anyone is interested. If no-one wants to participate, then I understand. It's not everyone's cup of tea, and you all have your own lives. I'll just turn it into a choose your own adventure novel XD.
I'm not a latin popstar.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Salvation- A Forum Story by Babylon [Signup and Discussi

Post by Vortex »

can I participate? :)
Babylon
subnet notes finder

Post by Babylon »

Sure! I'd be glad to have you!
I'm not a latin popstar.
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

I would participate if there is only one main character (I don't have the time to control one alone)
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Babylon
subnet notes finder

Post by Babylon »

That seems to be the best option then at this point. I shall take the according preparations.
I'm not a latin popstar.
terein
subnet technician

Post by terein »

i'll participate. i like the idea of many characters, but as abacus said, most of us probably don't have enough time. so maybe like three different characters and a couple of us get to control each one?
do you even tree
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

There is a fourth option: A group of characters controled by any. Like in A'LLUKIN or 60.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Babylon
subnet notes finder

Post by Babylon »

Good points. The first one may be a little hard to organize, as we would have to get people to agree on which character they are sharing with who. Enihcambus' suggestion may be the best option here, especially with it being tried and tested. Maybe everyone creates a character for the group, but it is free for everyone to control either the whole group or an individual character?
Either way, thanks for your input/support :D
I'm not a latin popstar.
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

You could try a few characters controlled by us like that, and as we play we end up having favourites and kill off the others :)
I'd participate if I had the time...:|
So this is a description only?
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

Judging from the title, it seems so.
Is this my final form?