Suggestions and Ideas for Submachine: The Legacy

Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Suggestions and Ideas for Submachine: The Legacy

Post by Augustus »

I talked about making a same threat for the Submachine series as for the Covert Front series with ideas. So here ya go. I am gonna play the episodes soon but I am still gonna translate the Covert Front documents to Dutch first. I really hope this won't become a cluster-fuck, so I want to try to keep everything organized in a Google Drive document, I would appreciate if you guys could use:
1 to 10 and then a list of the ideas in chronological order when you can >semi-first visit< them. Then 0, FLF, 32 and SU. If this doesn't make sense then please ask or if you have another idea I am all ears :D
Last edited by Augustus on 29 Sep 2018 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: Sugessions and Ideas for Submachine: The Legacy

Post by Sublevel 113 »

excuse me, can I ask: what exactly are you going to do? XD What is Legacy? What is list of ideas in GoogleDocs?
can you explain more detail? thx! :D
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Sublevel 108 wrote:excuse me, can I ask: what exactly are you going to do? XD What is Legacy? What is list of ideas in GoogleDocs?
can you explain more detail? thx! :D
Of course! The Legacy is a name given to the game maker remake of the Submachine series. Google Drive is a serve that makes you collectivly share or collectivly edit a document, because of the sometimes rough history of myself and this community I want to make it so it can only be edited by me but I will not reject any ideas that are from others and serious. I want to make an list like I did for ''Suggestions and Ideas for Covert Front: The Legacy''. I now see I spelled this thread wrong... Great xD I hope I cleared enough up.
Last edited by Augustus on 29 Sep 2018 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

1. *Suggestions (you can edit this by editing the subject line of the first post)
2. *Thread
3. Just so we're clear, is Mat even open to us suggesting things for Legacy for him?
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Apocryphactor wrote:1. *Suggestions (you can edit this by editing the subject line of the first post)
2. *Thread
3. Just so we're clear, is Mat even open to us suggesting things for Legacy for him?
Nope, but I do not think that is necessary per se...
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Re: Suggestions and Ideas for Submachine: The Legacy

Post by Augustus »

Okay, so it's weekend and I finally have the time to make a 1v1 of this idea thread... thing. I think I'll keep updating this post over and over again instead of reposing. If anyone has just wants me to add a couple or many ideas then by all means, you're welcome to respond. Let's call it a first draft for now : )

Legend: Green are things that Matt himself has said it will be added or already has, red/purple will be stuff he isn't sure about yet, blue is a conflicting idea with another one and red is a community driven idea. If you have any advice how to make it better then again, I am all ears : )

Graphic or entire overhal of the engine and layout of the series.
Make the menu full screen in the classic cannon way, Submachine 1v2.1 for example.
Add the old Submachine 2 cursor.
Quote: I was also thinking about historic preservation, if I'll change anything in any of the games then after finishing them - you unlock original version and after that - first version and then - first sketch (like with sub2) sowe follow the path back into the past
Add a Submachine World Layout with the lines as long as the room count and have a blue dot representing the player that moved like in Submachine 7.
Salvage the version with the blue and red door as well.
0, FLF and 32 added on the main menu.
Have 0, FLF and 32 be locations added to the games in the legacy. Like Sub 5 gets 0 and 9 gets FLF for example.
DLC for the soundtrack
New tracks for the soundtrack
Release date 2020.
Reimagine/replace the secrets and redefine what they are, should be and have the secret location on the main menu.
Free release for patreons.
Add a ink cursor.
Made the menu like Sub2 sketch.
60fps
Have a main hub to which you return over and over again.
Just one game on steam.

Submachine 1
A cleaned up version of the extra Isubmachine puzzle
Replace the Lighthouse picture with the inktober picture
Replace the Lighthouse picture with the one seen in the Exit location in Submachine 10. The night sky one.
Have Thumpmonks recreate the old quote:''little chirping sound'' for Submachine 1v2.
Try to get all the different basements we have in Submachine the first chapter.

Submachine 2
Remove the footage or add both the current footage and the Sub 2 sketch one.

Submachine 3
Reconsidering the change in Submachine 3 for colorblind people.

Note to self:
Green:
Blue:
Red:
Yellow:
Last edited by Augustus on 17 Feb 2020 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

only thing I want to see - more plot information and notes, especially in "blank" Root of Sub5, would never happen, according to Mateusz... :/
So I'm kinda not waiting for Legacy so much. :mrgreen:
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Fan girl self made an image on how the Legacy screen of old versions would look; kinda for my own mental sake:
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Wait, is this confirmed or what?
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

This is an image I photoshopped as a concept.