jomarcenter's theories

jomarcenter
lost in subnet

jomarcenter's theories

Post by jomarcenter »

Title: All/some pastel games are connected to the submachine world

This is the continuation of the following theory
http://www.pastelforum.com/topic.php?id=44583
If I have time I may copy-paste all the post from the original thread. But I will just link the thread until then.

From old topic:
I don't know if it already been found or tested. But upon playing covert front 4. In a certain scene there was a room when you go outside nothing. and also a machine that can create almost anything (really? humans too...) my theory state that every pastel game world from daymare town to covert front are inside the submachine or somewhat connected to the submachine world, trying to trick people believing that is the real world.
evidence:
covert front series.
CF4
- A certain scene where the main character had been "electromagnetically" seen something from CF1

- A room where you go outside... Nothing, but can be fixed via "Machine"

- Machine that can materialize everything

- Ending scene von totem created a machine similar to one of the machine to submachine!
daymare town:
all/some
- main character always go back to the town... (rally there is no other town)

I only played a few pastel forum game

edit: if this theory does really true I was thinking combining the covert front informations with the submachine informations like adding covert front into the submachine wiki.

what do you think of my theory?
Last edited by jomarcenter on 04 Dec 2012 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
Just a small game developer looking for inspirations for my series of games.

Here what I made:
Image Image
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Re: all/some pastel games are connected to the submachine wo

Post by Anteroinen »

Well, were it found to be true, the information about Covert Front would certainly have to be included in the wiki. Naturally as of yet it remains a hypothesis, even if a convincing one. The intertwined worlds hypothesis is also supported by the Garden Door (the game with the language), with the intriguing ending withthat lovely critter opening the door to the daymare town. Otherwise, Daymer Town has little evidence towards this in it.

The submachine references in the Spark of Life are too numerous to list and widely known, so I needn't dwell on them in this post. I don't not remember being eletromagnetically seen though, maybe you could explain that bit?
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
jomarcenter
lost in subnet

Post by jomarcenter »

Anteroinen wrote:Well, were it found to be true, the information about Covert Front would certainly have to be included in the wiki. Naturally as of yet it remains a hypothesis, even if a convincing one. The intertwined worlds hypothesis is also supported by the Garden Door (the game with the language), with the intriguing ending withthat lovely critter opening the door to the daymare town. Otherwise, Daymer Town has little evidence towards this in it.

The submachine references in the Spark of Life are too numerous to list and widely known, so I needn't dwell on them in this post. I don't not remember being eletromagnetically seen though, maybe you could explain that bit?
If you notice in this video (I'm too lazy to make my own)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLJDb0wpDoE
at 4:15 and 9:09 if you look at the area is making a static like thing(kinda the one seen in some television and some old computer and sometime showing some sign of changes) you can relate this kind to some confirmed submachine theory.

Here what I made:
Image Image
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I don't really think that the games are connected. We will see in later games, but the Submachine doesn't include references to Covert Front, and at this point in the series I would think we would have found something.
jomarcenter
lost in subnet

Post by jomarcenter »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:I don't really think that the games are connected. We will see in later games, but the Submachine doesn't include references to Covert Front, and at this point in the series I would think we would have found something.
It's impossible to relate covert front in submachine since we don't know what time that any submachine game started. As before the ending of covert front you see that the device is being created.Which state that Submachine take place after Covert front 4

Remember this device is being made at that point but in SUBMACHINE it was already completed. Which my conclusion submachine take place after covert front 4.

Here what I made:
Image Image
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

jomarcenter wrote:
OnyxIonVortex wrote:I don't really think that the games are connected. We will see in later games, but the Submachine doesn't include references to Covert Front, and at this point in the series I would think we would have found something.
It's impossible to relate covert front in submachine since we don't know what time that any submachine game started. As before the ending of covert front you see that the device is being created.Which state that Submachine take place after Covert front 4

Remember this device is being made at that point but in SUBMACHINE it was already completed. Which my conclusion submachine take place after covert front 4.
I know, but it could as well be just a tribute. And if you are right then Submachine might not show anything from Covert Front in any of its games, so this theory wouldn't ever be confirmed or debunked (unless Mateusz speaks), and it would be not a Submachine theory, but a Covert Front theory.

EDIT: anyways, that was just what I think, I may be wrong of course.
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

Where do we see that device in submachine?
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

The Abacus wrote:Where do we see that device in submachine?
In the Loop, if you'll recall. Knowing it was placed there by someone else - that it is not native to Loop - give a smigdeon of credibility to this theory, IMO. :geek:
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

From Sub 4 and SNEE?
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

The Abacus wrote:From Sub 4 and SNEE?
That is Submachine 3: The Loop's coodinate device.