Q&A Request of Mateusz Skutnik 5-1-2018

Sundex
subnet technician

Re: Q&A Request of Mateusz Skutnik 5-1-2018

Post by Sundex »

Okay then, new question, when did the invasion truly happen? Since I am convinced that it was between 1980 and 1990 but a map of the human infestation says otherwise

Unless.... Submachine is just a huge time anomaly.
BACK TO THEORIES
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SPINNNNNNNNNNN

THEORIES YESSSSSSS
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Sundex wrote:Okay then, new question, when did the invasion truly happen? Since I am convinced that it was between 1980 and 1990 but a map of the human infestation says otherwise

Unless.... Submachine is just a huge time anomaly.
That is not a bad question, really, but unless you specify the terms it seems to not be very useful. Define human infestation, for example.

Also, why the eighties? Also, how does the infestation map give you any sort of a timeframe?
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Honestly, Ant, to me it seems pretty clear. If you don’t see what Sundex is talking about, maybe you’re just not cut out for theorizing like Sundex is.

I believe that people in this newer generation will finally bring in all the answers that we never could, as their vision exceeds anything any of us ever had. I mean really, who would have ever thought that an accurate size of the Subnet could be drawn from a bullet casing, and that the invasion happened in the 80s. I’d say watch your step, as Sundex will most definitely be leading the way in being able to find all the answers no matter how twisted and insensible the plot and world building Mat has given us is. I’d say start treating them with more respect and don’t question them as much, as surely these young theorists will lead us to closure and salvation and we’ll finally have peace. Just give them time and stop being impatient.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Apoc, that's enough... let's keep this thread for discussing about the questions exclusively, please. here is the rant board if you want to continue.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Looks like the questions are just about wrapped up; seems like people are done asking. Maybe now’s a good time to send it in to HQ?
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

I say we give it a few days for people to think about it still, in case people come up with more questions. I mean, this right here is not exactly a common chance we're getting, so we better do this properly.

I mean, I'd hope Mateusz keeps answering questions in the future. The series is over, so it is not unreasonably to assume we can get some answers. Unless he actually, for real, intends to handle the topic in a future game. Then I get it. But most things cannot be like that.

Saying that actually made me come up with two questions none of us have thought of somehow:

"Why is resin pouring into and burying different Submachines?"

And:

"In Submachine 10 we see what we assume to be inactive subbots lying about everywhere. Are they actually subbots and if not, what are they? Why are they there? Who used them and what for?"

EDIT: Actually, also:

"Do subbots attack humans? If not, what is the note in location 613 referencing? Why and how do they do this?"

EDIT2: To suggest importance ratings: the first is at least a **, the second definitely a ***. I mean, think about it: we had been lead to believe subbots are something akin to Edge's maintenance keepers: why are they in this human base, all inactivated?? The last one is more like * for me, but interesting all the same.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I tried to look in theories for questions, that is very hard. So I am for sending. Can someone update the list?
Sundex
subnet technician

Post by Sundex »

Anteroinen wrote:Why the eighties?
The reason being actually doesn't come from Submachine 7, but rather Submachine 5 and 6.

Dating everything is crucial to figuring out when you are, since Mateusz actually does research for these games prior to making them (we hope). For example, the computer from Submachine 5. It gives us a minimum date of 1981. Why? It has a motherboard. Now, utilize that with the concept of Submachine 6, which is all about the initiation of the invasion. At around the halfway point of the game, we get a message from Murtaugh. This was sent before we came, based on a secret note that 5 people came before our predecessor (making us the 7th based off of notes). When was this message sent? Notice the "@lab" in the message. This states that he sent the message before he left to tend to the structure of the plan (and consequently had his mind blown in accordance with the Submachine 8 4th layer note). Meaning between 1938 and the early 1940s. Is it possible that 6 people can span more than 40 years? Simply put, Murtaugh might have been super selective, as it says in a note in Submachine 7 that someone who knew Murtaugh's doing left their group. Does that we were suppose to note what Murtaugh wanted to do around the events of Submachine 4? Maybe, but the evidence still adds up.

Basically I am saying, "because things are from a minimum of *so-so*, that means things happened in such timeframe."

Note: some data comes from Chryoyo
BACK TO THEORIES
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Hmm, now I think... I think Mateusz should look not only on list of questions to give a clue about some of them, but also on our vision of submachine full story.

I mean, the whole community can misunderstand some general things (like some dates in the past), or even author himself could make some undetected plot holes in games. And if people write single big text-document that describes submachine laws, structure, history, and plot development, and show it to sir Skutnik... It will have a chance to reveal possible plot holes, fix incorrect vision, and give author full picture and set of missing elements that he would release in next standalone submachines, giving us answers on unanswered questions.

I understand it's kind of complex and kinda doubtful in sopme aspect, and possibly sir would not look at this at all... but what the subheck. :mrgreen:
It can help us at least. Maybe...
What do you think?