Q&A Request of Mateusz Skutnik 5-1-2018

Sundex
subnet technician

Re: Q&A Request of Mateusz Skutnik 5-1-2018

Post by Sundex »

Only 2 questions you will get from me, which are kind of important imo:

1: Does the Subnet have its own religion, which in turn is a combination of all cultures?
2: Is the plot for Submachine 9:
a: Mur and Liz travel into the past and are revered, but soon die and are buried in a proper format.
b: Mur and Liz go through time normally and, therefore, die normally.
BACK TO THEORIES
Karmic Microwave
lost in subnet

Post by Karmic Microwave »

I just want to know, besides metal, what specifically can karma NOT be infused in, (Sorry if this has been answered).

Also,
Are there locations in the subnet that nobody can visit, see, or ever know about. As in, it is impossible to visit them. If so, roughly what percentage? Or is there just too many/infinite?

Lastly,
What happened to the explorers bodies/skelitons, leaving their skulls? Who placed their skulls, (in sub 10)?
woopy doopy doo, give me food
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

One thing that always bugged me about Sub10 is that all the layers have a black void in the background while in Sub8 we see different sky backgrounds.

Were those locations outside the subnet like in Sub10 ending, presuming that the player didn't outside the Subnet from anyone of them because they weren't their home layer?
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I reworte mine and added some of yours, I first want to collect them all and then reorder, because that is gonna be tough, is someone wants to reorder these, please do. Any questions I should delete or rewrite please ask.

1: Is in SU 672 a room in the making by
Subnachine as a being.
2. Does the Submachine have an outher shell,
not like Sub6 or the Loop, but like Cube.
3. Does Submachine copy structures build by aliens.
4. What is the difference with
Green/White/Blue karmic energy.
5. Who digged the whole in the Submachine
ground gloor/green padded area.
6. What is the purpose of the Root in the Submachine storyline? What was it used for and who by and for how long? Why was there an observation room; is the place still used? In short: what is special about the Root, outside of it being the first man-made Submachine?
7. What does the Defense System actually do? Who are the turrets for and where are they pointed? Does it govern the subbots? Does it protect the Core or is it at the outer edge of the outer rim? Are the defenses in or out?
8. What were the seven-layer bullets used for and when? Was there a war between followers of Murtaugh and those who opposed him? Did people try to kill Murtaugh later? How did this affect Murtaugh? How did this affect the Subnet?
9. When was the Lab created and for what purpose? Was it a part of the attempt to understand the collapse and rapid expansion? If not, what was it for and who controlled it?
10. What is the purpose of the player's journey? Are we a student going through a museum ride or what? How long after the events described in the notes is player actually situated in? Months? Years? Centuries? Millennia?
11. The Lighthouse is connected to the Root, which is part of the Outer Rim.
12. What is the statue we see in the SU pi room,
similar to 452 location.
13. What is to the right of the hatch in the
Submachine 2 basement?
14. Is The Lighthouse is in the Core.
15. Where are the rest of the body of the sub explorers, that are not the head.
16. Could you explain the player's journey in your own words and how long it took?
17. Which kent are we talking about?
18. Is Little Tornato right in his calculations
on how big the root is.
19. Was Murtaugh's karma portal technology inspired by the beamer technology in Submachine 8?
20. What ethenicity is Liz?
21. Is the Outer Rim is outside the Core (and possibly separated from it by the Edge).
22. Where is the Edge located exactly? Is it a wall between the Core and the Outer Rim, or is it surrounding the Outer Rim? Or both things are true, and we travel to the outer part to disable the inner part's defenses? How does one explain the human infestation map in Submachine 6?
23. Is the starry background in Submachine 8's layer 2 fake, or is Submachine really so big that it can host whole stars inside it?
24. What is the true layout of the Lighthouse? Is the painting shown in Submachine 1 correct? If so, why can't we see the entrance nor the third floor window in Submachine 2?
25. What are the specific moments during the series that the player travels in time, and roughly how many years/decades/etc. do they go forwards/backwards?
26. At which date does the first game take place?
27. hat is the rough timeline of the "Sub-Eras" and the "Dynasties"? When did the singularity happen?
28. What happened exactly in the period between Submachine 4 and 5? The player woke up in a bed at the start of Sub5, with food and coffee, and there are no signs of them having been teleported recently; how did they get there?
29. Are layers and sublayers actually arranged in a continuum similar to the number line, as the note from Submachine 10 suggests? That is, is there a sublayer 1.5 between layer 1 and layer 2, a sublayer 1.25 between layer 1 and sublayer 1.5, and so on?
30. If so, what is there after layer 7? Does the structure wrap back to layer 1, like the numbers in a clock or like in a Submachine loop? Or there is simply nothing past it?
31. What distinguishes the seven main layers from all other sublayers?
32. In layer 8, if all atoms are "frozen in time", why can the player move?
33. What are the specific moments during the series that the player changes layer, and which layer do they end up each time?
34. Does the Subnet have its own religion, which in turn is a combination of all cultures?
35. Is the plot for Submachine 9:
a: Mur and Liz travel into the past and are revered, but soon die and are buried in a proper format.
36. Are there locations in the subnet that nobody can visit, see, or ever know about. As in, it is impossible to visit them. If so, roughly what percentage? Or is there just too many/infinite?
37. Why do all the layers have a black void in the background while in Sub8 we see different sky backgrounds?
38. Were those locations outside the subnet like in Sub10 ending, presuming that the player didn't outside the Subnet from anyone of them because they weren't their home layer?
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

When and where are were going to present these questions to Mateusz, by the way? I mean, if this thread is not a good format for him, then what does he want? You are going to give them to him, Ko9? I just want to clarify things.

EDIT: Wait a second, I'll try to fix some of your typoes for you, if that is okay?
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Anteroinen wrote:When and where are were going to present these questions to Mateusz, by the way? I mean, if this thread is not a good format for him, then what does he want? You are going to give them to him, Ko9? I just want to clarify things.

EDIT: Wait a second, I'll try to fix some of your typoes for you, if that is okay?
He said the forum was the best place for this, and I do not know when.
Second: Thanks! Please remove questions if you do not think they are good. And changing typo's and grammar would be realy nice! :D
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Okay then, let me try that.
Ko9 wrote: 1: Is location 672 an example of a Submachine in construction?
2. Does the Submachine have an outer shell, like the Cube, or is it infinite? If yes, what is it?
3. Does the Submachine copy structures built by aliens.
4. What is the difference with Green, White, and Blue karmic energies.
Then you have this:
Ko9 wrote:5. Who dug the hole in the Submachine ground floor/green padded area.
I've fixed the grammar, but I have no idea what you're referring to here. Maybe specify it a bit.
Ko9 wrote:6. What is the purpose of the Root in the Submachine storyline? What was it used for and who by and for how long? Why was there an observation room; is the place still used? In short: what is special about the Root, outside of it being the first man-made Submachine?
7. What does the Defense System actually do and what is it prtecting? Who are the turrets for and where are they pointed? Does it govern the subbots? Does it protect the Core or is it at the outer edge of the outer rim? Are the defenses in or out?
8. What were the seven-layer bullets used for and when? Was there a war between followers of Murtaugh and those who opposed him? Did people try to kill Murtaugh later? How did this affect Murtaugh? How did this affect the Subnet?
9. When was the Lab created and for what purpose? Was it a part of the attempt to understand the collapse and rapid expansion? If not, what was it for and who controlled it?
10. What is the purpose of the player's journey? Could you explain the player's journey in your own words and how long it took? Are we a student going through a museum ride or what? How long after the events described in the notes is player actually situated in? Months? Years? Centuries? Millennia?
Your 11. is not a question, but I'll try an fix it according to the previous messages:
Ko9 wrote:11. If the Lighthouse is a part of the Core and the Root is a part of the Outer Rim, how can they be connected physically?
12. What is the significance of the statue seen in 314 and why is it so similar to the one in 452?
13. What is to the right of the hatch in the Submachine 2 basement?
I took out number 14. because we already know that Lighthouse is a part of the Core from Mateusz' previous messages on the forum. You can fix the numbering later.
Ko9 wrote:15. In Submachine 10 we see a lot of skulls, but no skeletons? Where did the skeletons go and where did the researcher get so many skulls in the first place?
I took out number 16 and added it into number 10, because they're basically the same question.
Ko9 wrote:17. Where is the Kent we keep hearing about? England, Connecticut or some place original to the Submachine universe?
18. Is LittleTornado right in his calculations on how big the Root is? That is to say, does the Root comprise of approximately 1413 rooms within 157 distinct transporter locations, which are a small part of 11,818 rooms of transporter locations?
19. Was Murtaugh's karma portal technology inspired by the beamer technology in Submachine 8?
20. What is Elizabeth's ethnicity?
I removed number 21. because we already knew that and 22 covers what we are not sure of.
Ko9 wrote:22. Where is the Edge located exactly? Is it a wall between the Core and the Outer Rim, or is it surrounding the Outer Rim? Or both things are true, and we travel to the outer part to disable the inner part's defenses? How does one explain the human infestation map in Submachine 6?
23. Is the starry background in Submachine 8's layer 2 fake, or is Submachine really so big that it can host whole stars inside it?
24. What is the true layout of the Lighthouse? Is the painting shown in Submachine 1 correct? If so, why can't we see the entrance nor the third floor window in Submachine 2?
25. What are the specific moments during the series that the player travels in time, and roughly how many years/decades/etc. do they go forwards/backwards?
26. At which date does the first game take place?
27. What is the rough timeline of the "Sub-Eras" and the "Dynasties"? When did the singularity happen?
28. What happened exactly in the period between Submachine 4 and 5? The player woke up in a bed at the start of Sub5, with food and coffee, and there are no signs of them having been teleported recently; how did they get there?
29. Are layers and sublayers actually arranged in a continuum similar to the number line, as the note from Submachine 10 suggests? That is, is there a sublayer 1.5 between layer 1 and layer 2, a sublayer 1.25 between layer 1 and sublayer 1.5, and so on?
30. If so, what is there after layer 7? Does the structure wrap back to layer 1, like the numbers in a clock or like in a Submachine loop? Or there is simply nothing past it?
31. What distinguishes the seven main layers from all other sublayers?
32. In layer 8, if all atoms are "frozen in time", why can the player move?
33. What are the specific moments during the series that the player changes layer, and which layer do they end up each time?
34. Does the Subnet have its own religion, which in turn is a combination of all cultures?
35. Is the plot for Submachine 9:
36. Are there locations in the subnet that nobody can visit, see, or ever know about. As in, it is impossible to visit them. If so, roughly what percentage? Or is there just too many/infinite?
37. Why do all the layers have a black void in the background while in Sub8 we see different sky backgrounds?
38. Were those locations outside the subnet like in Sub10 ending, presuming that the player didn't outside the Subnet from anyone of them because they weren't their home layer?
I also want to add this one:
39: Who were the unidentified people who left the notes in Submachines 9 and 10, and how were they produced? Why are they written as dialogue, if they are notes? What is the speakers' and the notes' significance to the story?
I might have missed something on accident, though.

EDIT: OH! Also, I guess to fit with the karmic energy question, we need to ask:
40: Is the colour of a karma portal significant in some way? How about the size (as seen in Submachine 7?
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

Anteroinen wrote:Well, I am sorry, I was not aware we could not discuss what to ask before presenting him with the questions, Jeez. Also, yeah, I think Vortex' questions are really good too.
discuss all you want, just hand me a list of questions that I can look at. And don't make it 500 questions long, pls. :/
Sundex
subnet technician

Post by Sundex »

Any maximum amount that you want to specify apart from an overexaggerated 500?

Also, sorry, I unknowingly lied again. I have another question:

Does Submachine 10 span many layers?
BACK TO THEORIES
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

MateuszSkutnik wrote:
Anteroinen wrote:Well, I am sorry, I was not aware we could not discuss what to ask before presenting him with the questions, Jeez. Also, yeah, I think Vortex' questions are really good too.
discuss all you want, just hand me a list of questions that I can look at. And don't make it 500 questions long, pls. :/
499? :P Yeah I get it.