subnet theories - all done. Do we need more?

Do we need more theories in the subnet?

yes
79%
no
21%

Total votes: 24
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

subnet theories - all done. Do we need more?

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

so this update FINALLY marks the end of theories stack on my hard drive. All done.
Do we need more?
I mean - has there been anything interesting since from people not yet included?

I'm not looking for people saying: pick my theory! I'ma ctually looking for other people to jump in and have a say.

So - semi-open theory call where forum users kind of nominate possible entries.
bender
wisdom crystal finder

Re: subnet theories - all done. Do we need more?

Post by bender »

I think you should add some notes around the Subnet which give us answers. Solid answers. :D
Bender sucks
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I think some new users deserve a chance for their theories to enter the subnet. Maybe there's the feeling now that there are too many theories, but since there are endless possibilities of extra space (cipher plates, layers, more portals, and things we don't know yet) there will be more than enough to give space to them.

For example, a set of theories that are very well thought and written are Redafro's theories, and Roosterman's theories are good too. You could let them pick one for your next batch of rooms.

Also RuloCore's two theories are interesting, and... I think Sublevel hasn't made a theory, but he has made one or two fan-fictions that would possibly go well in the form of notes. Probably there are more good ones I don't remember, let me check.

EDIT: there are a few nice theories in the wiki, but the owners are missing in the forum. For those whose owners are still here, Cone's Karma Ocean theory is good, and Azareus' theory is too. Also there are WorldisQuiet's theories, but after the incident in the subnet thread I dunno if he'll want, so I'll leave it there.

In summary, possible theory owners I "nominate":

-Redafro
-Roosterman
-RuloCore
-Sublevel (fanfic)
-Cone
-Azareus
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:I think some new users deserve a chance for their theories to enter the subnet. Maybe there's the feeling now that there are too many theories, but since there are endless possibilities of extra space (cipher plates, layers, more portals, and things we don't know yet) there will be more than enough to give space to them.

For example, a set of theories that are very well thought and written are Redafro's theories, and Roosterman's theories are good too. You could let them pick one for your next batch of rooms.

Also RuloCore's two theories are interesting, and... I think Sublevel hasn't made a theory, but he has made one or two fan-fictions that would possibly go well in the form of notes. Probably there are more good ones I don't remember, let me check.

EDIT: there are a few nice theories in the wiki, but the owners are missing in the forum. For those whose owners are still here, Cone's Karma Ocean theory is good, and Azareus' theory is too. Also there are WorldisQuiet's theories, but after the incident in the subnet thread I dunno if he'll want, so I'll leave it there.

In summary, possible theory owners I "nominate":

-Redafro
-Roosterman
-RuloCore
-Sublevel (fanfic)
-Cone
-Azareus

count with me for the candidates Image
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Umm, ok xD
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:Umm, ok xD
I mean that I want to apply.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

You should pick one of your theories then, not? I forgot how goes this...

anyways it'd be better to wait until more people tell their opinion.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Well, a lot of INTERESTING stuff surely has surfaced, but I'd have to compare the list of users who already have theories in SNEE to the ones that haven't.

Redafro's theories are all nice loquacious pieces contemplation. Submachine as Physics-Engine Field is a good one, in my opinion. Then there's Rooster5man's Corpses-Portal Theory, which has a suitable feeling to it.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Anteroinen wrote:Well, a lot of INTERESTING stuff surely has surfaced, but I'd have to compare the list of users who already have theories in SNEE to the ones that haven't.
Here is a list of theories with their owners in SNEE (except last two added).

I too found very interesting theories from users who aren't here anymore, but I didn't list them here because after all the final decision of having their theory in SNEE is theirs.
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

Is there a not for now option for voting?
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.