View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 Jan 2019 11:30



Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 Daymare Town 4 Theories and Sugestions 
Author Message
lost in subnet
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2013 00:30
Posts: 22
Yes that's true. I'd forgotten about the blood in that tower near the hive. Also, not only was there the mouthless guy in the box, but ALL those boxes visible through the window (and in the bottom of that tower) - I shudder at the implication they might all contain similar gruesome prisoners/corpses.

The fog folk were definitely the most chatty and helpful of the varies peoples that we met in DM4 though. They seemed friendly/harmless, but you're right, they do give off a very very strong crazy vibe.

_________________
We live in widescreen but what good is it though, when life gets narrower the further you go?


11 Sep 2013 23:58
Profile
subnet notes finder
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2012 17:35
Posts: 832
Remember fishing in DMT2? The dragon you get before the lionfish? Isn't it the same that appears in DMT4?

_________________
Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave...


12 Sep 2013 00:24
Profile
lost in subnet
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2013 00:30
Posts: 22
Mind. Blown.

_________________
We live in widescreen but what good is it though, when life gets narrower the further you go?


12 Sep 2013 00:29
Profile
subnet traveller
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2012 18:43
Posts: 1271
Location: Finland
Weary With Toil wrote:
Yes that's true. I'd forgotten about the blood in that tower near the hive. Also, not only was there the mouthless guy in the box, but ALL those boxes visible through the window (and in the bottom of that tower) - I shudder at the implication they might all contain similar gruesome prisoners/corpses.

The fog folk were definitely the most chatty and helpful of the varies peoples that we met in DM4 though. They seemed friendly/harmless, but you're right, they do give off a very very strong crazy vibe.


Oh God, I hadn't looked out of that window. I thought I had check every nook and cranny but no and... oh God. Something is so, so, so wrong here. I don't know what happened but it doesn't look like it was pretty. You know, I bet I can throw a random guess as to who was the "they" who kidnapped the mother's son... :(

All the gory implications here lead me to an another tenuous, but horrid ponder. People have been killed. Children abducted. There is not much food to go around in a desert. What do you suppose the man was eating...? :shock:

Quote:
Remember fishing in DMT2? The dragon you get before the lionfish? Isn't it the same that appears in DMT4?


I did and I felt sad for the thing really. He must have died without food in the weird mutated environment. I wonder if we are directly below Daymare Town in this game, somehow.

EDIT: It is nice he lives on as the newborn seaweed though, I wish that guy good luck. By the way, is it just my dirty mind or were the sexual references particularly strong with that? The seed shaped chakra of the father and the thing you insert it... isn't that shaped like female genitalia?

_________________
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."


12 Sep 2013 00:34
Profile
lost in subnet
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2013 00:30
Posts: 22
Oh god. And remember all those bones at the junction between the Seaweed Fossil Chasm and the Deep Fog Trench, before you switch on the machine that makes it possible to move down into the trench? And that Seaweed Creature's missing legs?

Maybe not despair, but guilt that drove the jumper to his doom?

Also, who keeps a leech as a pet? That's creepy as hell.

Edit: I've just noticed that the opening menu screen (in the HD version anyway) is that image of all those boxes.

_________________
We live in widescreen but what good is it though, when life gets narrower the further you go?


12 Sep 2013 00:45
Profile
subnet traveller
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2012 18:43
Posts: 1271
Location: Finland
Weary With Toil wrote:
Oh god. And remember all those bones at the junction between the Seaweed Fossil Chasm and the Deep Fog Trench, before you switch on the machine that makes it possible to move down into the trench? And that Seaweed Creature's missing legs?

Maybe not despair, but guilt that drove the jumper to his doom?


Yes, those bones are really creepy. I can think of two possible scenarios for that, actually. First there is famine, which droven the people in the trench crazy, so the seaweeds barricaded their doors to stop them from getting here, leading people to starve at the gates to food and salvation. The other option is actual military action against the fog folk from the sea weeds. Just look at that fence thing: spikes, holes for guns, hooks... Also, while the door really was sealed and access blocked from the seaweed side too, they still kept the stone to have a path to the hive if need be, but the fog folk hive side looks a lot more desperate, with multiple poles to block the door.

I think guilt is a good guess for the jumper. I'm not sure if he can be saved though, since I have some achievement undone and some seems to imply possibly saving someone... That process will give info on their situation as a necessity, so I'm not ready to make all the judgments.

Weary With Toil wrote:
Also, who keeps a leech as a pet? That's creepy as hell.


That isn't actually as weird as it might seem. Leeches were for a long time used to "suck out bad blood": they were a medical treatment. It was easy enough to pick one out through that hole and everything. As, it would seem that they've chosen to use their only apparent water source for the leech, so it must be important.

Still, I agree that it is pretty creepy, considering that they live during a time when medicine and pills are known (although one could argue about their availability – just look at DMT3).

_________________
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."


12 Sep 2013 01:19
Profile
karma portal traveller
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2013 22:17
Posts: 8503
Location: Pastel Lands.
Anteroinen wrote:
By the way, is it just my dirty mind or were the sexual references particularly strong with that? The seed shaped chakra of the father and the thing you insert it... isn't that shaped like female genitalia?


No you're wrong.
Its our dirty mind. :twisted:

BTW, there is a reletion between that, Big pappy and Big momma.

Anteroinen wrote:
I'm not sure if he can be saved though, since I have some achievement undone and some seems to imply possibly saving someone...


Do you want answer?


About fog folk:
I think the barricade is for the mutated stones. However, other suspicious thing about the fog folk is the contrabandism.

_________________
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!


12 Sep 2013 01:43
Profile
explodes
User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2012 20:23
Posts: 15439
So... Game is out, and...
it has VERY interesting things. shall we discuss it here?

And NightMare Town is coming?.. :D

_________________
Test Sublands, PCG: playing with GameMaker
Research: 3/36
OST: 22/32
Stick: middle of nowhere
alternate Stick: universe is dead
H^HTEP: 5/100


12 Sep 2013 18:04
Profile
subnet traveller
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2012 18:43
Posts: 1271
Location: Finland
Sublevel 102 wrote:
So... Game is out, and...
it has VERY interesting things. shall we discuss it here?

And NightMare Town is coming?.. :D


Maybe you would like to comment on the rather interesting points said above? ;)

_________________
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."


12 Sep 2013 18:30
Profile
explodes
User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2012 20:23
Posts: 15439
First, I want to note new Submachine connection (after star symbol).

So, what purpose RESIN has? What role could it play in both game worlds?

_________________
Test Sublands, PCG: playing with GameMaker
Research: 3/36
OST: 22/32
Stick: middle of nowhere
alternate Stick: universe is dead
H^HTEP: 5/100


12 Sep 2013 20:31
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.