Daymare Town 4 Theories and Sugestions

Weary With Toil
lost in subnet

Re: Daymare Town 4 Theories and Sugestions

Post by Weary With Toil »

Yes that's true. I'd forgotten about the blood in that tower near the hive. Also, not only was there the mouthless guy in the box, but ALL those boxes visible through the window (and in the bottom of that tower) - I shudder at the implication they might all contain similar gruesome prisoners/corpses.

The fog folk were definitely the most chatty and helpful of the varies peoples that we met in DM4 though. They seemed friendly/harmless, but you're right, they do give off a very very strong crazy vibe.
We live in widescreen but what good is it though, when life gets narrower the further you go?
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

Remember fishing in DMT2? The dragon you get before the lionfish? Isn't it the same that appears in DMT4?
Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave...
Weary With Toil
lost in subnet

Mind. Blown.
We live in widescreen but what good is it though, when life gets narrower the further you go?
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Weary With Toil wrote:Yes that's true. I'd forgotten about the blood in that tower near the hive. Also, not only was there the mouthless guy in the box, but ALL those boxes visible through the window (and in the bottom of that tower) - I shudder at the implication they might all contain similar gruesome prisoners/corpses.

The fog folk were definitely the most chatty and helpful of the varies peoples that we met in DM4 though. They seemed friendly/harmless, but you're right, they do give off a very very strong crazy vibe.
Oh God, I hadn't looked out of that window. I thought I had check every nook and cranny but no and... oh God. Something is so, so, so wrong here. I don't know what happened but it doesn't look like it was pretty. You know, I bet I can throw a random guess as to who was the "they" who kidnapped the mother's son... :(

All the gory implications here lead me to an another tenuous, but horrid ponder. People have been killed. Children abducted. There is not much food to go around in a desert. What do you suppose the man was eating...? :shock:
Remember fishing in DMT2? The dragon you get before the lionfish? Isn't it the same that appears in DMT4?
I did and I felt sad for the thing really. He must have died without food in the weird mutated environment. I wonder if we are directly below Daymare Town in this game, somehow.

EDIT: It is nice he lives on as the newborn seaweed though, I wish that guy good luck. By the way, is it just my dirty mind or were the sexual references particularly strong with that? The seed shaped chakra of the father and the thing you insert it... isn't that shaped like female genitalia?
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Weary With Toil
lost in subnet

Oh god. And remember all those bones at the junction between the Seaweed Fossil Chasm and the Deep Fog Trench, before you switch on the machine that makes it possible to move down into the trench? And that Seaweed Creature's missing legs?

Maybe not despair, but guilt that drove the jumper to his doom?

Also, who keeps a leech as a pet? That's creepy as hell.

Edit: I've just noticed that the opening menu screen (in the HD version anyway) is that image of all those boxes.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Weary With Toil wrote:Oh god. And remember all those bones at the junction between the Seaweed Fossil Chasm and the Deep Fog Trench, before you switch on the machine that makes it possible to move down into the trench? And that Seaweed Creature's missing legs?

Maybe not despair, but guilt that drove the jumper to his doom?
Yes, those bones are really creepy. I can think of two possible scenarios for that, actually. First there is famine, which droven the people in the trench crazy, so the seaweeds barricaded their doors to stop them from getting here, leading people to starve at the gates to food and salvation. The other option is actual military action against the fog folk from the sea weeds. Just look at that fence thing: spikes, holes for guns, hooks... Also, while the door really was sealed and access blocked from the seaweed side too, they still kept the stone to have a path to the hive if need be, but the fog folk hive side looks a lot more desperate, with multiple poles to block the door.

I think guilt is a good guess for the jumper. I'm not sure if he can be saved though, since I have some achievement undone and some seems to imply possibly saving someone... That process will give info on their situation as a necessity, so I'm not ready to make all the judgments.
Weary With Toil wrote:Also, who keeps a leech as a pet? That's creepy as hell.
That isn't actually as weird as it might seem. Leeches were for a long time used to "suck out bad blood": they were a medical treatment. It was easy enough to pick one out through that hole and everything. As, it would seem that they've chosen to use their only apparent water source for the leech, so it must be important.

Still, I agree that it is pretty creepy, considering that they live during a time when medicine and pills are known (although one could argue about their availability – just look at DMT3).
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Anteroinen wrote:By the way, is it just my dirty mind or were the sexual references particularly strong with that? The seed shaped chakra of the father and the thing you insert it... isn't that shaped like female genitalia?
No you're wrong.
Its our dirty mind. :twisted:

BTW, there is a reletion between that, Big pappy and Big momma.
Anteroinen wrote:I'm not sure if he can be saved though, since I have some achievement undone and some seems to imply possibly saving someone...
Do you want answer?

About fog folk:
I think the barricade is for the mutated stones. However, other suspicious thing about the fog folk is the contrabandism.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

So... Game is out, and...
it has VERY interesting things. shall we discuss it here?

And NightMare Town is coming?.. :D
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Sublevel 102 wrote:So... Game is out, and...
it has VERY interesting things. shall we discuss it here?

And NightMare Town is coming?.. :D
Maybe you would like to comment on the rather interesting points said above? ;)
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

First, I want to note new Submachine connection (after star symbol).

So, what purpose RESIN has? What role could it play in both game worlds?