Re: Daymare Town 4 Theories and Sugestions

Post by Vortex »

just in time, I came back! yay!

EDIT: oh wait... I have to wait for Sublevel DX
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

I will need to wait to get back to play this...
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

Now I know what I'm going to do for the next 1 1/2 hours. :P
Is this my final form?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Vortex, I'm here. :)

PLAYING WITHOUT WALKTHROUGH STARTS!!!
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

Damn.
School today.
BUT I SHALL PLAYYYYYYYYY!
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

So, people, gather around and discuss!

I am currently most intrigued by the relationships between the seaweeds and the fog folk. It seems to be that they used to be very friendly with each other, because they had the teleporter system installed between them and the hive had a picture of the seaweed big momma. But something seems to have happened after that, something dramatic, something catastrophic.

The fog folk barricade their portal room, the teleporter is disabled near the dragon tower, a fortress with spikes was erected to stop people getting in from the trench.... People died beneath that fortress. Was there a war between them? Or maybe there was an eco catapstrophe with the "mutating rocks"? What if it was about the sand giants? They were "ancient giants" though, so I don't know...

Finally, the fog folk seem to worship Kharon, the demigod who brings people over Styx. Is this a sing that they are nihilists? Defeatists?
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Weary With Toil
lost in subnet

Post by Weary With Toil »

Yes - I noticed the same thing - the dismantling and blocking up of the teleportation system. Also the dismantling of the elevator

Also - who took the woman's son? Why does the woman in the House of the Dragon no longer love the town?

There seem to be different species/cultures mingling here at this geographical point in DM4:
- Top level - you have the human looking woman in the House of the Dragon and the hermit in the Sea of Smoke, who seems to be like a mixture of human and fog folk - there is also another human looking woman searching for her son in the deep fog trench - they are all depressed/angry
- the seaweed people in the level reachable by the elevator/teleporter (both dismantled by the sea of smoke people) - our character says that they are children of the dragon? - they had blocked up the door to their teleporter room and turned off the resin pathway to the deep fog trench - they seem confused/depressed
- fog folk - who have been cut off by the seaweed people and who have cut themselves off by blocking up the teleporter room - they seem to revere the other species (statue of a humanoid form in the hive, pictures of humanoid forms on the walls) - the hive contains the a plaque "One line applies to all" and there are two photos of what seems to be the same person, mutating maybe? - could "line" mean genetic line? - fog folk seem quite friendly and harmless
- Sand giants - are these the same as the giants we've seen in earlier chapters?
- Humanoids above the tear - one who seems normal, one who is wearing something very odd - either that or has no face!
- Whoever the hell is fishing down into the deep fog trench (for some reason I found that really really creepy)

Finally, what actually made the tear appear between the deep fog trench and the upper world?
We live in widescreen but what good is it though, when life gets narrower the further you go?
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

My thougts:

There was a sea or lake, and maybe something dried it.

The machine that the seaweed people where using is maybe something that helps them to live withouth water.

Maybe daymare town had an economy focalized in fishing, but when the water disapeared their economy blown down, as shows DMT2.

The star like symbol came from the sand giants (Unless someone created them).
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

fog folk seem quite friendly and harmless
While I mostly agree, after all they seem to be pretty happy, although in a very sad way (like the man waiting for a call that can never come because the line is cut), I have my suspicions. The boarded up house has a pool of blood. There is the kid in the box too, I wonder what that is all about.
- Top level - you have the human looking woman in the House of the Dragon and the hermit in the Sea of Smoke, who seems to be like a mixture of human and fog folk - there is also another human looking woman searching for her son in the deep fog trench - they are all depressed/angry
Vurn had an interesting theory for this, different from mine (which would be that she is talking about the seaweed town, which was the centre for many peoples, but then XXX). Vurn supposed that the sea of fog used to be a city and she and the other were people who lived in it. There are ruins there, so it is an interesting thought.
There was a sea or lake, and maybe something dried it.

The machine that the seaweed people where using is maybe something that helps them to live withouth water.
While I like this theory, especially for the seaweed part, the area seems to be inhabited by dead trees for the most part. Also, the economy was functioning on oil and mining for quite a bit, before that too "mutated".
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."