Submachine Ψ: the Fanzine

RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Submachine Ψ: the Fanzine

Post by RuloCore »

I'm opening a new post because I thought it would be an excellent idea even if Mateusz does the things he has to do with some extra material.

We should make 2016 the official year of Submachine.
I was thinking about making a fanzine, an issue, a kind of publication, online, in a magazine format, showcasing artworks, theories and explanations (trivia, maps, etc) around the Submachine world, now that the plot will be completed. It's a nice idea to:
- celebrate the 10 years of the series
- condensing what would be the wiki into a more visual-tasty kind of thing for all kinds of people who mostly want to enter the Submachine world, new people who wants to play it // people who wants to understand it better
- thanking Mateusz in a artistic way as he does

I'm thinking of a fanzine cause I have the right knowledge of layouts on InDesign to make it, and personally, for me it would be a nice way to get more in touch again with users, sublovers and remembering the good old times (I'm now a 20-year-old guy with a boring full of responsibilities life). We could showcase:
- theories (not only confirmed, but debunked, funny, interesting... the most important ones and interesting ones)
- artworks of fans
- maps
- trivia, explanations about the plot...
- idk whatever
- aesthetics
- pepe

but all related to #submachine

I chose letter Ψ cause it sounds like S for Submachine and in this way we follow the pattern of putting a number or a letter after the title. Also, the figure Ψ reminds to the 'Submachine symbol' in every chapter main menu. (If not, we can use φ, phi, that's F for Fanzine)

he fanzine would be like a recollection, a Lucky Room for the whole Sub wiki, suitable for publishing on social networks, and easier to share. And if it gets approved by Mat, official. The nicest thing is that if you want you can print it and have it at home like another book <3 aw

What do you think?
Would it be nice?
Am I a total boring human being?
Aren't you excited about designing things as much as me?
Or is it a good idea?

:D
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine Ψ: the Fanzine

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Well, Mateusz said he wanted to take a break from Submachine in 2016, but anything fan aside is welcome. But mostly all this will depend in how Sub10 is recieved.

Before anything else, could you give more details about the "Fanzines". :P
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I think it's a good idea, I'm in :D

I believe Jatsko will like it too, we can publish it in the pastel Tumblr, Twitter, etc. to promote it, and hopefully get the approval of Mateusz :)

About the name, why not λΨhl? It's more directly related to Submachine, it appears in Sub2 and FLF. And three/four letter names are appealing.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

wow
that's a big wiork...

yeah, Mateusz did want to make the rest from Submachine after Sub10 release
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

Vortex wrote:I think it's a good idea, I'm in :D

I believe Jatsko will like it too, we can publish it in the pastel Tumblr, Twitter, etc. to promote it, and hopefully get the approval of Mateusz :)

About the name, why not λΨhl? It's more directly related to Submachine, it appears in Sub2 and FLF. And three/four letter names are appealing.
But think how would you pronounce 'Submachine λΨhl', it's more difficult. Anyway, this can be discussed later.

Pastel tumblr? Pass the link :D

And well, a fanzine is basically a free or quite cheap non-profit magazine periodic publication that is composed by images and text, consisting of contents done by fans of a certain culture, and addressed to other fans of that same culture. There can be feminist band fanzines, anime fanzines, etc. All content is submitted by fans who work as editors. Usually the content is interviews, collages, poetry, photo reports, opinions... And usually they're sold by internet or at thematic events of the same culture.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Good point about the pronunciation :P

I'm on phone right now so I can't pass you the link, but look for "pastel forum tumblr". There isn't much content yet anyways.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

New we know were the Submachine song Sublevel wanted to do can end in! :P
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

but we want quality art...

jk jk :mrgreen:

Hey Rulo, do you have something planned already, like a quick concept art or something?
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

Vortex wrote:but we want quality art...

jk jk :mrgreen:

Hey Rulo, do you have something planned already, like a quick concept art or something?
not yet, do you mean if i have some scheme?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Yeah, I meant that. To show roughly how it would look like in practice.