Submachine Ψ: the Fanzine

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Submachine Ψ: the Fanzine

Post by Vortex »

Well, I would consider them new players. Sub1 and Sub2 don't develop the plot much; if they found these games boring, we can just show them selected art from other games and SNEE (of course, omitting those that have to do with the plot), so as to make them want to play everything.
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

True. This will be the most difficult part: structurizing contents. The rest is all c u t e a e s t h e t i c s ^^ :3
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Vortex wrote:Well, I would consider them new players. Sub1 and Sub2 don't develop the plot much; if they found these games boring, we can just show them selected art from other games and SNEE (of course, omitting those that have to do with the plot), so as to make them want to play everything.
One thing that comes to my mind is the glowing tree in Sub7, is not plot relevant and is good eyecandy! :P
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:
Vortex wrote:Well, I would consider them new players. Sub1 and Sub2 don't develop the plot much; if they found these games boring, we can just show them selected art from other games and SNEE (of course, omitting those that have to do with the plot), so as to make them want to play everything.
One thing that comes to my mind is the glowing tree in Sub7, is not plot relevant and is good eyecandy! :P
That's actually a pretty nice idea. Considering what people see up to Sub2 (and given The Loop's unusual structure in every aspect, which likely turns off many newcomers), seeing an unkown fluorescent tree stands ou well against what's been shown in early games.

Maybe some other Layers from Sub8 might be added as well, since they don't have any relevance to the plot itself (minus Layer 5). Adding in some Bamboo Town or Cardinal Church images might also help spice things up (Excluding certain "spoiler" locations, such as the sun at Layer 2).
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
terein
subnet technician

Post by terein »

I really like the idea of this! maybe if since were doing it as a zine we could have different volumes? like the first one we do could be spoiler free so that people will get hooked on it and then after that one with spoilers that the alread fans can enjoy.
also it is (currently) titled submachine the fanzine, but we could also do one for daymare town, covert front etc.
and maybe we could have them sequentially titled λ, Ψ, h, and l? idk just another idea
do you even tree
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

Wow, that will be a lot of work. But yeah, we can do what we want, if the first one goes well!
terein
subnet technician

Post by terein »

I'd be happy to help with organization and format and stuff like that if you want! I know that stuff can take a ton of time and i probably have more time on my hands
do you even tree
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

Nice!! This next week and the following one i'll have a bit of time.