Theory voting discussions

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Theory voting discussions

Post by Jatsko »

Made this thread just in case we come across theories that we would like to discuss, either for clarification or if people are split on a voting decision.
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Re: Theory voting discussions

Post by Anonymous1 »

Wanted to comment on the two debunk votes for my theory False Reality.

Just want to point out this line:
Or perhaps Murtaugh is an AI controlled by the Submachine Network.
Okay maybe Murtaugh wasn't an AI from what we learned in Sub10, but Shiva was and it can pretty much be assumed that Shiva was replaying the events over and over, posting notes in places and is probably responsible for the Sub4 and Sub5 and Sub6 communication with Murtaugh.

Not going to be upset if the theory is debunked, but just wanted to clear that up. I could always do an update to the theory... hm
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Would it be fair to update theories after theory voting has already started?
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

Nah, I should have updated it before the window opened, but got tied up with other stuff. I think once voting begins you are SOL. I just wanted to voice my opinion on it, it doesn't bother me what happens. I already have Sentient Submachine Theory which was directly confirmed by Sub10. That's good enough for me! :D
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

This is true.

I think someone else has voiced this, but maybe after all the categories are done we should possibly reopen the confirmed and debunked theories for reinterpretation.
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

Yeah we did that a few years back, had a theory voting session for confirmed and debunked theories. We could do that again, just place all pre-sub10 confirmed and debunked theories together and revote them, also open them to theory owners to update/reinterpret them.

A voting session for confirmed and debunked theories doesn't happen too often, its a once every few years kind of thing, so it might be good to have the session last a month or two, and advertise it around a bit so any theory owners who recognize their theory who aren't active here can update theirs.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I agree on the confirmed/debunked voting session. We thought Mur and Liz were dead at the end of Sub9 so we may have been led to the wrong direction in voting at that time :P