Submachine Wiki

Prupp
subnet technician

Re: Submachine Wiki

Post by Prupp »

The Edge is a SHIVA construct, don't believe its lies. You can never be edgy, unless you're about to jump into the void. CONVERSATION VOIDED
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I was actually being semi-serious in my last post. It's annoying.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Apocrypha wrote:I was actually being semi-serious in my last post. It's annoying.
Oh, you know, after all the stuff that was posted in the "In an alternate layer..." thread, I sort of wanted to express my concern about this. I second your opinion.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Hi all, I figured I would post sort of a composite summary of the spam edits this year on the Submachine/CF/PastelLand wikis and all the information I've gathered on the people responsible for the edits. This is especially significant and necessary considering there were two separate occasions of doxxing included in these edits.

Let me be clear in saying I'm not drawing any conclusions as to who might be responsible until I get more information.

First off, most of the edits were done this past August. Most of the edits have also taken place this past via FANDOM users signed in with profiles, which hides IPs. I am in the process of asking Wikia staff for special rights to access IP information about the registered users due to the consistency of the edits and the fact that one of the registered edits is considered a dox. I won't talk about these usernames until I have more information as to how they're connected.

However more edits were made with unregistered accounts, including the second dox, and I've compiled information about all of the IPs so far. You will see that besides the obvious trend in editing styles,

1) All IPs can be traced to the exact center of either the first- or second-largest city in completely separate countries
2) All of the IPs except for two have hosts and IPs listed that are all could services/data hosting/virtual private server companies

Both of these facts lead to the conclusion that these are not separate users but are in fact proxies. Combine that with the editing styles exhibited in the IPs with actual internet service providers attached and you can start to get a good feel for which IPs are most likely responsible for this.
IPs wrote:97.83.21.45 – Kalamazoo, MI, USA
Host: Charter Comm (Spectrum)

2A02:7AA0:1619:0:0:0:86E5:5CB2 – Gothenburg, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Host: Self/Makonix SIA

45.76.118.32 – Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Host: vultr.com, CHOOPA, LLC

178.62.61.155 – London, England, UK
Host: Digital Ocean

2A02:7AA0:1619:0:0:0:7E9:3215 – Gothenburg, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Host: Self/Makonix SIA

2A00:1838:37:C0:0:0:0:8495 – St. Petersburg, Russia
Host: OOO Fishnet Communications/Veesp
Status: Virtual private servers, Fishnet communications defunct → proxy

2600:6c4a:7d80:a0:f521:8294:6beb:386e – Kalamazoo, MI, USA
Host: Charter Comm (Spectrum)
The IP listed from St. Petersburg is the one responsible for the second dox, which Staff has removed from Wiki edit history. "OOO Fishnet Communications" is not even technically a real company, as it was the company name for the present "Veesp" but the name was rebranded to something else in 2009. Therefore I have no doubt treating this as a proxy and will be following up with the present company about investigating the true source of this edit.

I will let you know more information about the registered users concerning whether or not/how many are connected to each other as I get responses back from Staff. I ask you to take this as the hard facts and anything else as speculation.

Again, I do not know 100% who is responsible for this.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

whoa, you made nice work to track everything and combine in single list.
interesting.

what kind of spam they do? Do they post personal info of forum members?
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Yes, personal info of someone from the forum.
Prupp
subnet technician

Post by Prupp »

nasty. Sure they can't be VPNs? If not, I'll go hunt down that friggin Göteborgare myself and kniva him.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Now, now, I think it'd be bästa om vi inte använde illegala taktiker, hmm?
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Also, to anyone who might be confused in the head:

Posting banned IP addresses with no names attached is not posting personal information if there's no person attached. Stop while you're behind.
MadBoy
lost in subnet

Post by MadBoy »

Anteroinen wrote:Now, now, I think it'd be bästa om vi inte använde illegala taktiker, hmm?
Hört hört!