Submachine Wiki

Sundex
subnet technician

Re: Submachine Wiki

Post by Sundex »

Maybe we should. Because maybe there is a theory that contradicts a confirmed theory, but somehow becomes still alive or likely. How would the confirmed theory, that is being contradicted, be able to be boosted down to still alive or doubtful if we didn't do the jailbreak and normal voting session in the same timeframe?
BACK TO THEORIES
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Looking at the page of confirmed and debunked theories, I'm seeing that most of the theories will not get a promotion or demotion from their current status, so thinking better I'd say we can do the voting sessions one right after another, since the jailbreak one won't take too much time to complete.
Sundex
subnet technician

Post by Sundex »

@vortex which one should come first
BACK TO THEORIES
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I don't think it makes a difference.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

I think reading some of the failed theories would be amusing, but doing so before the new ones might seem like a fault in our sense of priority to some.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Sundex
subnet technician

Post by Sundex »

So what you are saying @Anteroinen is that we should do the normal voting first then the jailbreak after?
BACK TO THEORIES
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

In my opinion this seems most logical for an outsider.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I have an idea for a new voting category for theories.

"Voided"

Describes theories that are written in such a way that they provide no clear point, or are just summaries of the games without any new concepts being brought forward, or similar. I seem to remember confirming one or two and debunking a whole lot more that fall into one of these two areas. Then with those voided, I also propose removing them from the theories page and future voting to condense the list. I don't know how much of an effect this will have but it will definitely trim the fat in some places.

Thoughts? Anyone, but especially those who are familiar with voting sessions of the past?
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I see what you did there.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Well, up until right now, the categories assigned to voted theories are meant to deal only with the truth or likelihood of their content. The only exception (humorous) is traditionally assigned by the author's request. The new category you propose deals with the relevance of the theory, which would mean a big change in how we treat theories. Effectively we would be segregating fanart-theories and some of the essay-theories from the rest of theories.

I'd be ok with that and from removing them from future voting, but I don't agree with removing them from the main theories page as that would make it more difficult to access them.