Research Team

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: Research Team 28X2005

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Ok guys, I see you analyze things and make connections with stuff from later games.

But I planned to make analysis as if we did NOT know anything about layers, lighthouses, universes, and other stuff.
As if we are in September 2005 right now. :D

So, please, tell what way do you choose? You want to consider all knowledge we know about Submachine universe at this moment even if we analyze 2005 year? Or my way?

It's very important for further study. lol further exploration and analyze. :D

-------------
last thing I want to post before we combine all stuff together...

excerpt from Mateusz Skutnik's Archived News of the year 2005 (September)
September 15th 2005:
New game launched: Submachine. This time its not the squirrel, but a classic escape point and click game, thanks to Graeme at Lazylaces.com for addicting me to this type of games.
Game description by Lazylaces
Some people just play the point'n'click games I post here, some people are nice enough to leave a comment or two to help others, and then again some people, like murtaugh , go that extra mile and write a game of their own, and post that. Most commendable. Submachine has some eerie music, cracking sound effects, and I haven't been able to work out any of the puzzles yet - which means it gets a big thumbs-up from me. Leave your impressions in the comments, I'm sure murtaugh will appreciate any feedback you have.

Entry 1416, Monday, September 26th 2005
Game description by JayIsGames
Point-and-click fans, this next game has you written all over it. Submachine is a relatively easy game of the escape-the-room variety that will engage your puzzle-solving skills for about 10-15 minutes. And if you haven't played this one already, you're in for a simple treat.

Several rooms hold as many puzzles and items to find for solving the mystery of the Submachine. Use your mouse to point-and-click your way through the game, and to pick up items that you find along the way. Drag and drop an item from your inventory to place it where it's needed.

Crisp and attractive graphics are pleasantly complemented by atmospheric sound and effects to enhance the overall experience. Created by Mateusz Skutnik ("Murtaugh"), Submachine is a straightforward and polished point-and-clicker that is accessible to most anyone.

By Jay | September 28, 2005
Last edited by Sublevel 113 on 29 Mar 2015 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Your way sounds simpler. My apologies if I caused any discrepancies. Let us continue...
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

Well, if we take in consideration ONLY 2005 available data, we don't even know there is a subnet :P We have no idea there is more than one submachine. We don't know there is the void, core, subbots or defense systems. All we know is that there is a basement and we exit it thought a strange elevator that appears after we complete the tile machine.
Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave...
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Sublevel 102 wrote:Ok guys, I see you analyze things and make connections with stuff from later games.

But I planned to make analysis as if we did NOT know anything about layers, lighthouses, universes, and other stuff.
As if we are in September 2005 right now. :D
But i don't see how ignoring what we know now will help us. Most of the questions we can ask are answered in later games, and we need to make the questions masterlist, no?
Sublevel 102 wrote:So, please, tell what way do you choose? You want to consider all knowledge we know about Submachine universe at this moment even if we analyze 2005 year? Or my way?

It's very important for further study. lol further exploration and analyze. :D
Well, we can do it your way (it will be more fun :) ), but then perhaps there should be a session of answering the questions we've gathered, dissecting them like rabid dogs avid of information, to the best that we can, with every info we have, so the surviving ones will go into the masterlist.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Gil is right. We are trying to answer question that seem chronogicaly, but thats isn't right straight.
Back then Sub1 was a single generic PnC escape game, nobody thought it was important to think what the player is and why and how it ended there, back then everything was casual. Great era of theories started in 2007 after Sub4 reléase if I remember well.

I believe the thing that caught the attention from many was the quote at the end of Sub3:
You don't want to escape from the Submachine
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

How about dis

We go through the games sequentially and generate a list of questions. We can strike out any questions that are answered by the next game in the series, then continue down the line. By the time we're done, we have a list of questions that Subs 1-9, 0, F, or 32 (including all old versions and HDs) weren't able to fully answer. Then we can factor in Mat's forum posts as needed to cut the list down even further. Then we'll have a nice pure list of questions only fully answerable by Sub10 or later spinoffs.

So Sublevel came up with a bunch of good questions from Sub1. I suggest we look at the HD version and previous versions, see if we can't pull any more questions from them. Then we can go to Sub2 and forum posts written by Mat between Sub1 and 2 to condense the list. And so on and so on.

I also suggest that we use the most recent of all game versions, the HDs, when preparing the list (except for SubFLF, we should take both versions of that into account).

Sub1 List (modified slightly for clarity)
Master List wrote:
Fundamentals
1. What is “Submachine”?
2. Did I awake at beginning, or what?
3. Who am I? Do I know who I am?
4. Where am I? What is this place?
5. When am I? Do I know this?
6. Why am I here? Do I know this? What is our purpose of being there? What do I need to do?
7. What exactly do we know at all? (this is the base question for the whole list)
8. Am I just a human? Or do I have some special powers, or something like that?
9. What did I feel, what did I think about, what did I want to do after I started?
10. How did I get here?
11. What purpose/function does this place serve?
12. Who decided to build this place? And who was constructing this place?
13. Where is this place located?
14. When was this place constructed?
15. Is there someone except me?
16. Is somebody/something watching me?
17. Why does this place look like one big puzzle?

Submachine 1

1. What liquid flows in these pipes?
2. How can those cubes float? How are they connected to the bell sounds? How that storage is constructed and works?
3. What physics laws are present here?
4. Are these physics laws normal for world where we lived before?
5. Why is there a map of a lighthouse?
6. What is an Ancient Crystal of Wisdom?

7. Who wrote the diary note?
8. How did this note get here?
9. Was this note left here for some purpose? Did the author want us to read this note?
10. Was the author sane when he was writing this note?
11. Did these events written in the diary happen for real?
12. Did the author of the note tell us the full truth? Or is he hiding something from us?
13. When did the events in the note happen?
14. Why did the author go camping? Did he have some particular target?
15. What is Kent? Where is it located?
16. What is Kent Waterfall? Where is it located?
17. Where exactly did the author of his arm?
18. How exactly did the author lose his arm?
19. What did the author mean when he said “third arm”? Is it a third limb, or something else?
20. Did the author already have this third arm before, or did he get it after the accident?
21. How exactly did the author get this arm? When? Where?
22. What is a karma arm? What structure and powers does it have?
23. What could the author do with the karma arm?
24. Who are the other people mentioned in the diary note?
25. The diary is not completed; where is the second part? Was it written? Does it exist right now? Where?

26. What happened when we inserted all of the tiles? Why did we end up in a red room? How did elevator appear? And what was that short darkness?
27. Did we enter the same way as we exited?
28. Where did we exit?
29. Did we really exit/escape? Are we free?
30. Why did we hear more footsteps after we escaped?

31. Will there be a sequel?
32. Who made soundtrack for this game?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

gil2455526 wrote:Well, if we take in consideration ONLY 2005 available data, we don't even know there is a subnet :P We have no idea there is more than one submachine. We don't know there is the void, core, subbots or defense systems. All we know is that there is a basement and we exit it thought a strange elevator that appears after we complete the tile machine.
:D

and we never heard about "Basement".
just Submachine. And Submachine: Extended. XD
But i don't see how ignoring what we know now will help us.
I can try to explain my point/position.

1) right now we have hundreds, no, thousands strings of information about submachine universe. Right now, it's BIG GREAT MESS. Some facts can conflict with each other. Some things we could miss.

2) if we move with my way, we can follow full path how Mateusz has been giving us information about subverse. How things have been appearing and changing. without considering future stuff we know from later years.

3) and yeah, it's more fun! if we travel back to 2005, without knowing about Mur and company! XD

---------------------
as I understand, we should make two masterlists? masterlist of facts, and masterlist of questions?
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I don't see a great reason to make a list of facts. The facts are the answers to the questions.
http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/mid/edr610/class/research/question/lesson1-1-1.html wrote:Ah, the classic question! "What is research?!"

In education, as in all other topic areas, the key thing to remember is: IT ALL STARTS WITH A QUESTION! (need to know, curiosity, etc., etc.!)
Should we move on to Mat's posts? Or should there be additions/modifications to the list? (keep in mind my list is mostly Sublevel's stuff)
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Error_3113 wrote:I don't see a great reason to make a list of facts. The facts are the answers to the questions.
So... combined list?

Question&fact-answer?
Should we move on to Mat's posts?
maybe some kind of general conclusion about game first? :)

then I will show you some surprise stuff...
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I heart surprises :D

What kind of general conclusion should we put forth?