Research Team

Anonymous1
subnet technician

Re: Research Team

Post by Anonymous1 »

I was bored. So I entertained myself. For you, Sublevel.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

hmmm...

Sublevel would do better than that...

EDIT: Oh, I get it now!
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

cool, but how it connects with TRUTH about submachine we try to find?
:mrgreen:

jk

------------------------------

meanwhile, after Sub3's release and posting Sub2 and Sub3 on Newgrounds later than it was made on other sites...

---------------------------------------
Murtaugh's posts
---------------------------------------

from Lazylaces
Murtaugh:

first :P

Comment 1, Thursday, August 3rd 2006 11:37:00 AM
from Newgrounds (in Submachine 2 section)
Rozza50
August 4, 2006

Very Well done
This truley is a sensational game and it offers the challenge in a game i have been waiting for a good 2 hours i think it has been and i have done everything except tht dam 4 digit code!!!! grrrr i dont know wat u all mean with CxC And M+C My M=598 And C=2 wat do i do with these numbers!!!! im going insane with this part can sombody plz send me a message explaining it properly that would be most appreciated anyway enough of that thankyou for submitting a very good game i will probly go and try out the 3rd one now well done on your front page mention and daily 1st congradulations =)

Mateusz-Skutnik responds:

598x4=...........
;)
MetalMario
August 5, 2006

Very Excellent Game.
But how come you just released it here? I've already played the third elsewhere.

sub3 will be here soon ;)
m
Spyxterness
August 6, 2006

very nice
i played all 3 submachines and i can say this one is the best.
Anyways when youre going to submit the third one?
it has nice storyline.
it reminds me a movie....i think it was called the cube....

soon, probably next week or so.
m
ander3
August 7, 2006

Best Flashgame ever
Im speakless. Very good graphics and sound choice. But not differently than the others I got stuck at the digid-code... I searched for 3 or so on hours with google but I didnt found anything that would help me...
I just figured out that the Equation x' = cs - c/3 * 1s is not possible because (dont ask me how) Einstein shared through 0.

didnt you think of
e = mc^2
;)
m
killer-wraith
August 7, 2006

nicely done
i`ve played the first one and you`ve come along way since there. this is pretty hard compared to most puzzle games i`ve ever played, and i had to use the walkthrough since i couldn`t figure the wisdom gem thing out...but i have 1 note, for the c= thing, i had gotten three, meaning i had to times m by 3 and add that by itself 3 times, like with a 2 you would times by 2 and add it twice, that i had to figured out on my own though.

thanks.
but you've got the equation wrong. :/
its e = mc^2, which means c squared times m.
FeeshMaster
August 8, 2006

amazing
Didn't take me as long as the first one, although i did need to cheat a little bit.
The wisdom gem thing was out of the blue and wierd and i wouldn't have figured that out.
Also the place to put the coils was way too hidden for me i just blew past it every time.
Either way i love this series and i'm dying for the next one... keep challenging us ;]

with each game Im learning more about submachine gameplay, next one will be polished even more. :D
m
blinkschaos
August 8, 2006

bro...tell me if im wrong but i think theres a....
GLITCH!
ok so my m=668 ok...
so i took 668X2=1336^2=2672 right?
i put that in the code thingy...the light dousint turn on...
i finally got all those lil bars to turn green...& im mad because the code wont work...this game is very challenging..it reminds me of saw really cept i dont die that be kool if u made a game like that tho
call it..justin says*my names justin*lol jay kay bro
but i dont wanna give u a ) incase my math is wrong..so can u help me out?

are you sure your c equls 2? it can be 3 as well......
wennan0212
August 8, 2006

Awesome
Absolutely incredible game! Unfortunately the 4-digit code is unique for each player (i'm guessing :P) so you'll need to work it out for yourself. but you do need to do some math - e = m x c^2
by the way, i'm having mind-numbing trouble now that I've opened the portal room. I have 2 lights green and 3 red, but what do I do to get the rest green?!

turn'em all to green
House-Butter
August 9, 2006

Great, but...
I really enjoyed the first one more, it was difficult but it was also very unique b/c of the graphics. Not only that, but it wasn't one of those "click everywhere until you find the hidden button!" type of adventures. This one did a complete 180 as far as graphics go. But it was still great I had fun playing it.
Now onto the nitty gritty....I just played the 3rd part on arcadetown. PLEASE don't submit that, I know it sounds rude but it was such a disappointment compared to the first two. I know you were trying to do something different with the whole "no items" thing, but overall I felt completely bored trying to make it to the end. It was kind of like one of those sub-par games you play on Yahoo to pass the time. If you do submit that please make it up to us with part 4.

sure thing. ;)
truthful-review
August 14, 2006

As My Name States
I've downloaded and played every Submachine game (even the extended first one) but there are 2 Problems.
1: if you make A game with over 93 room it would be nearly impossible to do it with out any guidence.
2: I've gone thourgh every version of Sub machine 2 here and on Arcadetown and there are in FULL FACT ONLY 19 SECRET'S. don't even try to tell me other wise I turned that game inside out and read over your manual 12 times and it appears you forgot to add the seceret next to the fork. You don't believe me than see for yourself.
Oh and the Overall 9 is for Incomplete Programing.

the secret in the fork screen is in the top right corner of the screen. not in that hole where the fork was. its right next to those two brick drawn in the top right corner.
kaboom.
m
platinum-J
August 15, 2006

hope u read this...
first thing first... great game keep it up :)
second... i think uve made a little mistake in the Equation E=mc^2 and here's why (feel free 2 correct me if im wrong or if im not the first 2 point this out)... this is how it looks in words...
Energy=Matter*(speed of light)^2, the problam is that in the game u gave c (speed of light) a number but c is already a constent number the only reason it is represented in a letter its because it a very big number when its squared just like pie which is represented in a letter but it is in fact number, a constent number!

you're right, but that e=mc^2 ingame equation doesn't have to be necesarly the same as einsteins. it just resembles the original equation. you can tell that by that c=2 or c = 3 number ;)
are you following?
m
MonsieurPuzzled
August 16, 2006

Such an improvement on the first game
this was such a great game, i actually had to use my mind th finish it although i only managed to find 18 of the secrets. sound was cool too, keep 'em comin can't wait for number 3

u don't have to wait. sub3 is already here on NG.
from Newgrounds (in Submachine 3 section)
MGS-Ownd
August 14, 2006

ownage!!!!1!

you sir, are a god.

and youd better keep them coming because you are one t least half of the 11 million ng users' favorite authors, with the submarine games on their favorite submissions. i think i speak for all when i say "we hope for and look forward to more."

thx.
more coming surprizingly soon, because I'm making a brand new one for jayisgames game competition ;)
m
Berder
August 14, 2006

-

This sucks. I'm on level 2 and it looks like the only way to solve it is to set each of the dials to the same as its position. That is total crap seeing how you have to try an average of 25 times per dial.

no, thats not the way. the game has been on the net for some time now, find a solution if you cant pass this.
m
Maali
August 16, 2006

Just went through all 3.

The first one was nice. It's cool in these puzzle games when you're just thrust into a situation and don't know who you are or how you got there or what to do. It took me a long fecking time to figure out wth I was supposed to do with the spoon. The dial on the radio was a very nice touch.

The second one took me FOREVER but I loved it. 18/20 secrets found, needed a walkthrough cause I completely missed the passageway that lead to the thing where you put the positive and negative coils in... lol, I was sticking them all over the place going like WHERE THE HELL DO THESE GO?! Excellently done, and I like how some parts didn't really lead to anything, i.e. the Submachine video game booth at the very beginning was just there for the heck of it. I went through the entire game thinking I'd eventually have to come back to it for some part of the puzzle. Ditto the generator type thing with the "c = 2" on it. The many light switches, too. The movie was creepy, man. The tiled room? Saw @_@

The third one... you kinda went in a different direction with it and I thought it was easier than the other two but it was fun nonetheless. I went through it twice just to see both endings. I hope you finally get to meet Mur in the last one, I can't wait to see it.

how did you get the idea that submachine4 will be the last? :D
m
FORUM POSTS from SubWiki
August 10, 2006 6:28 am
Darrin wrote:

I gotta say, I wasn't overly fond of the third one. I kinda liked having to find and collect all the little items and components and whatnot. Still amazing, and I can't wait for the fourth, and even many more, with a subject like time and space, you can go forever.
Also, did you get the idea of the Submachine series from the also point and click Mysteries of Time and Space?
I surely know MOTAS, but I dont know if I can say it was an inspiration for sub. I could as well point out samorost, games created by Nanahiro, such as treasure box, all those chambers (viridian, blue, white) and all pnc games in general for I've been playing them all on lazylaces.com for a long time now.

m

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:28 am; Subject: Submachine3: the LOOP
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Re: Research Team 28X2005

Post by RuloCore »

Vortex wrote:first thing: what could be in the fourth wall? where is the generator connected to?

EDIT: and how do the bells work (I think there is some theory in the wiki about it?)
that question should be made when playing sub1, but in sub2 we already cross doors on our front so we already have something we've seen on our backs. so basically this question gets answered in sub2: what is in the fourth wall is the fourth wall of the room we are in.

I know this is from a year ago but I wanted to give my opinion on it :P No mysteries
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

heh, thanks for reviving thread.

So, Sub10 ended, and we still don't know how levitating works in Subverse. As well as connection between sound of bells and cubes...
RockyOceanK
subbot maintenance

Post by RockyOceanK »

Not quite sure.
I was browsing through the wiki the other day and found this.
The main portal door is the link between the sanctuary and the Winter Palace. The main portal door was first seen in ruins, but it was erected when the player hit the gong inside the sanctuary. As Mateusz explained in the quote below, this sound manipulated the atoms of the portal door, causing it to become operational.
(It's talking about the winter palace entrance in Sub7)

I can't be sure if it really helps explaining item levitation in general..but it can say something about the bells,too,me thinks.. :/
They can be lifted by the bell's sound,the same way the door parts did in the sanctuary.
I hit rock bottom
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

oh yeah, right.

Magical Mateusz's quotes from forum posts... (bad it was not in game though)
totally forgot about them
:D
RockyOceanK
subbot maintenance

Post by RockyOceanK »

These days I'm into finding out about the past Submachine people and history.
Those before Murtaugh's doings.
Henry O'Toole,The King,The Genius behind the Root and so on...
Anything on that? :/
I hit rock bottom
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

RockyOceanK wrote:These days I'm into finding out about the past Submachine people and history.
Those before Murtaugh's doings.
Henry O'Toole,The King,The Genius behind the Root and so on...
Anything on that? :/
Nothing at all. To this day, everything related to the Fourth Dynasty's connection with Henry O'Toole, the King and his master urbanist, the Lighthouse and the Root, exploration teams and even Mur with this whole crew, is still pretty much a mystery.

We do know some details about the Dynasty's relation to the Winter Garden and the Core - as per Sub7, hinting that Henry might have been part of the Fourth Dynasty - but everything else remains in the dark. We don't know where they came from, how the Sub's building came to be (or for what specific purpose), and how it went from the kingdom to Mur's exploration teams.

Maybe that's the immersive element of the series? We, The Player, witness the aftermath of the whole situation. We don't understand much because it's already happened past us. Much like visiting ruins of an ancient civilization, you can only see the results, and one can only imagine how everything came to be the way it is.
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/