Forum's Website Development & Bugs & Problems Reporting

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Forum's Website Development & Bugs & Problems Reporting

Post by Vortex »

okay, thanks! I think I did everything except the date-overlapping combinations. please tell me if I missed something.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Thank ye Vortex. It looks like "The Black Dossier - V2." hasn't yet been deleted. Did you miss it or did you save it for a specific purpose? We can discuss that.

Besides that and the two overlapping threads, if we want to move forward with the next batch of stuff to do, here's what I got next:
Move these threads from "theories and suggestions" subforum to the "theories" sub-subforum:

A crystal's conclusions
Jomarcenter's theories
Anonymous's theories
Anteroinen's Theories
Babylon's Theories
Collaborative Theories
Collinbollin's Theories
ENIHCAMBUS Theories
Le Mérovingien's theories
Boingo's theories
Kakama's theories
LoF's unfinished projects and undeveloped thoughts
LT's theories
mentalEngineer's Theories/Speculations
Piedpiper's theories
Redafro's theories
RoentgenDevice's theories/interpretations
RomaH's theories
ShadowNiL's Theories (SubVerse room or bust!)
auroradane's theories
26_994's theories
SubmergedMachine's (Sublevel's) theories
Sundex's Theories
Terein's theories
Gil2455546's theories
The Abacus' Theories
WorldisQuiet's theories
Borys610's theories
chuck12's theories
Thegeniusyosh's Theories
thewhovian42's theories
ThunderDasher's Theories
Vortex's theories
Vurn's theories
Rooster5man's theories
Diamond's theories
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

sorry, I skipped it by mistake because it's been edited recently. Anyways I took a look at it and I couldn't find it in the main theory thread after a quick read, so maybe there is still important info that WiQ wants in there. but if you're sure that everything's in the main thread, I can proceed to delete it.

EDIT: just moved all the topics with "X's theories" in the name. I assume that's what your list contains :P
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Ok I realized there was no copying over of the rest of WiQ's SubVerse theories (and one other one) to that thread so I did that. V2 should be good to delete now.

It looks like you missed LoF's theory thread, so here's what we have on the to-do/discussion table:
Combinations (with time overlap)
Green Karma Portals - combine with mentalEngineer's Theories/Speculations
Biblical references: The Subnet - combine with Sundex's Theories

Move these threads from "theories and suggestions" subforum to the "theories" sub-subforum:
LoF's unfinished projects and undeveloped thoughts
Since you're getting these things done rather quickly, may as well post the next stuff to do:
Rename "other games & comics" to "other pastel games & comics" (maybe discuss?)
Create forums within "other (pastel) games & comics":
10 Gnomes
Covert Front
Where is New Year?

Renaming:
Rebirth of discussions - rename to Discord theorizing thread
Submachine spinoff suggestion: Kant - rename to Submachine general suggestions
The more I think of it... - rename to Submachine: The Loop 2?
iPhone version - rename to iSubmachine
great ranking of PG - rename Favorite Pastel Games
Meeting - rename to Fan Meetup Discussion
All Hallow's Eve - rename to Halloween (because Halloween is a bit more recognizable maybe)
Cusp - rename to Astrology
Show suggestion: Stiens; Gate - rename to Steins;Gate
List of Pastel Birthdays - rename to Pastel Birthdays General Thread
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Nice new topic, Admin2!

Now it needs more content...
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Vortex, I'm not sure where you're at with willingness to move forward with forum reorganization, no pressure of course, but just to let you know if you let me know of anything you do I'll mark it down on the to-do list.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I just finished making the changes in your previous post, tell me if I missed something.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Alright, cool. Thanks for your work, as always.

Checklist here

The next thing I think should happen is the division of GenDis into smaller forums. I'd like these to be created (based on Ant's organization plan):
pastel topics
"Projects" (tentative label)
-----A ' L L U K I N (subforum within "Projects")
other interests
birthdays
The checklist has a full list of what I would expect to go into each sub-subforum.

I sorted the remaining loose threads into categories:
DELETE/OFFTOPIC - we'll worry about this later
COMBINE (no overlap with target thread) - combine requests with no time overlap
COMBINE (overlap with target thread) - combine requests WITH time overlap (to be discussed)
MOVE - threads to be moved to other places
NEW THREAD/OTHER - new thread ideas, this can be discussed later
COMBINE (no overlap) and MOVE are easy next focus points. Keep in mind, most of MOVE can only happen after the GenDis sub-subs are created.

Those sub-forum creations and thread combination/moves are the last big thing before we get into nitty-gritty loose thread discussion, I think. Hopefully people will get adjusted to the altered GenDis layout soon, as I imagine it will take a bit of getting used to.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

[original discussion]
Ko9 wrote:I think the forum should have a actual agreed on policy when it comes to screenshotting discord/twitch/youtube/whatever when it comes to Matt but also to if we show names or profile pictures of these people. I have done it so badly, incorrectly and emotionally so I cannot be mister moralman here. But I would like to have at least some forum member commenting on this.
This is a good topic to bring up, especially since we have to resort to scouring these platforms more and more for information now that Mat has vacated the forum.

IMO the policy should be that if the platform in question is clearly public, there is no special need to block out names or avatars. This would include YouTube comments/chat, Twitch chats, tweets, and public Facebook conversations. If you're posting on any of these platforms you must accept the responsibilty that all of that stuff is public, full stop. Private things like DMs on the other hand should obviously be posted under careful discretion so that things are not being posted against Mat's wishes or anything.

Discord is weird in my eyes because on the one hand, invite links to servers are typically pretty public, but they are still invite links. As in, you have to be invited to join a Discord server in every case. Therefore I tend to think of Discord as a private platform of sorts, and would advocate for blocking out user info for Discord messages to be safe. In the case of Mat's server, it would not be hard to join his server and find the messages that were posted by text searching, but it still should not be treated as open as something like a YT comment thread would be.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

My personal policy is to hide the names of Discord users and leave the rest visible. However, the even that server is factually public as a part of Mateusz' social media. It's not as fully public or advertised though, so I do follow this policy. I don't block out people's avatars, because A) that's extra work, that I'm not even good at B) it'd make the conversations needlessly hard to follow C) they won't be recognizeable without considerable legwork in a couple of months anyway.

That said, I do not believe it much matters. We're talking about stuff Mateusz said publicly about his games, we aren't doxxing people here.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."