View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 18 Jun 2018 00:57



Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Submachine Universe Suggestions 
Author Message
lost in subnet
User avatar

Joined: 24 Dec 2015 14:29
Posts: 19
- ak - wrote:
They're already living in the SubNet.

What does it exactly mean? So, when the 4th dynasty created the original submachine with plan and core, Mur had already lived there? I understand correctly?


23 Jan 2016 17:28
Profile
Murtaugh's hunter
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2012 17:11
Posts: 11848
Location: Spain
I understood that too. Mur mentioned Kent in his diary, and the Lighthouse pamphlet says that it is in Kent.

Also, Mateusz confirmed in a forum post that the cat note's date is from 1905, and the Lighthouse/Palace were built in the 1800s. So he was probably born inside the subnet.


23 Jan 2016 18:26
Profile
wisdom crystal finder
User avatar

Joined: 06 Dec 2012 02:43
Posts: 2292
Location: Minneapolis
Yep.

When they built the Winter Palace, it is not quite Submachine yet.
They built it above and underground.
This took place in the original Layer.
If you remember the map, they simply expanded it to encompass large amount of area, which is within the Core of the Layer.
But they can't travel to the other Layers yet because they don't have the means to do it.

So when the unknown scientists (possibly Henry O'Toole) developed the original man-made Submachine called the Root, it was within the Core area somewhere close to the Lighthouse and the Winter Palace. I believe they were testing out the prototype quantum super-computer that is precursor of SHIVA or that they're looking for way to create extra spaces based on theories they have about the anti-structure that Henry O'Toole developed. Naturally, you can see the result of this as the Root slowly expand and grew, tapping in with the Lighthouse and Winter Palace as well as few other Layers, becoming Submachine as we know it.

Somewhere along the way, more and more people became aware of this and began to take advantage of newly expanded spaces, traveling to other Layers by means of the Core, the Knot, and soon afterward the Teleport Device.

So you can see why they are already living in the SubNet.
They're already living in several Layers.
Murtaugh was born and lived in the Third Layer for most of his early life.

BOOM.


24 Jan 2016 17:12
Profile
karma portal traveller
User avatar

Joined: 26 May 2014 11:20
Posts: 5376
Would have been nice to have you around for theory voting.

1. Which layer is the original layer?
2. Was all this built on Earth? If not, how did humans get to where we end up at the end of Sub10?
3. What do you mean by the "Teleport Device"? Surely not the XYZ teleporter?
4. How exactly did the Root begin spanning Layers?

(Sorry for the questions, but as is the case for Submachine, answers spawn questions)

_________________
YouTube
Pastel Inspirations


24 Jan 2016 19:58
Profile
explodes
User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2012 20:23
Posts: 15221
Who needs Mateusz if we have Ak the Pastel God?
:roll:

_________________
Test Sublands, PCG: playing with GameMaker
Research: 3/36
OST: 22/32
Stick: middle of nowhere
alternate Stick: universe is dead
H^HTEP: 5/100


24 Jan 2016 22:29
Profile
wisdom crystal finder
User avatar

Joined: 06 Dec 2012 02:43
Posts: 2292
Location: Minneapolis
Jatsko wrote:
Would have been nice to have you around for theory voting.

1. Which layer is the original layer?
2. Was all this built on Earth? If not, how did humans get to where we end up at the end of Sub10?
3. What do you mean by the "Teleport Device"? Surely not the XYZ teleporter?
4. How exactly did the Root begin spanning Layers?

(Sorry for the questions, but as is the case for Submachine, answers spawn questions)

1
Possibly the 1st Layer. That's where the Lighthouse, Root, and the Winter Palace are built. For a long time after Sub_7 came out, many of us agreed that we played most of the series in the 1st Layer. Remember, the Root is the original man-made Submachine and it made sense for it to be located in the original Layer, which is the 1st Layer.

2
Well, the series never implied that it took place on Earth. After seeing THAT ending, it may be that we're in a different world other than Earth. Don't forget, those humans are technologically advanced, more so than us and its stood to believe that they could have already be living on another world.

3
Teleport Device, Teleporter, Portal Device, whatever. There are a lot of different names for that device. I prefer to call it Teleport Device or Teleporter.

4
Remember we're talking about the Root being in the 1st Layer, where the Lighthouse and the Winter Palace are located, right within the Core and close to the Knot. The Core is the place where one can travels between Layers and the Knot is where almost all of things can be within all main Layers. The Root can spread through those areas where all Layers are and grow throughout several Layers at once (at least 5 main Layers as confirmed by Sub_10).


25 Jan 2016 00:49
Profile
karma portal traveller
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2013 22:17
Posts: 8494
Location: Pastel Lands.
The fact is that Layers doesn't have an ordered fashion by nature, their designation was giben by the 4th Dynasty, and they obviously named their home layer as the first one.

That also explain why the order doesn't matters in Sub10. ;)

_________________
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!


25 Jan 2016 04:59
Profile
Murtaugh's hunter
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2012 17:11
Posts: 11848
Location: Spain
That's a pretty good idea.

Also as Bender said, if the layer dimension is a continuum marking individual layers and the rest as sublayers doesn't make much sense; the "points" in question could have been also arbitrarily chosen by the 4th Dynasty. Just like Newton divided the rainbow colors into seven, or we divide one musical octave into seven notes, even though they're both a continuum. Or a week having 7 days, where the opposite happens... We humans seem to arbitrarily divide things into seven a lot... XD

And then they discover another thing behaving differently to the layer continuum, but group it with the other layers anyways, just like we group white with the other colors :P


25 Jan 2016 08:08
Profile
lost in subnet
User avatar

Joined: 24 Dec 2015 14:29
Posts: 19
- ak - wrote:
Yep.

When they built the Winter Palace, it is not quite Submachine yet.
They built it above and underground.
This took place in the original Layer.
If you remember the map, they simply expanded it to encompass large amount of area, which is within the Core of the Layer.
But they can't travel to the other Layers yet because they don't have the means to do it.

So when the unknown scientists (possibly Henry O'Toole) developed the original man-made Submachine called the Root, it was within the Core area somewhere close to the Lighthouse and the Winter Palace. I believe they were testing out the prototype quantum super-computer that is precursor of SHIVA or that they're looking for way to create extra spaces based on theories they have about the anti-structure that Henry O'Toole developed. Naturally, you can see the result of this as the Root slowly expand and grew, tapping in with the Lighthouse and Winter Palace as well as few other Layers, becoming Submachine as we know it.

Somewhere along the way, more and more people became aware of this and began to take advantage of newly expanded spaces, traveling to other Layers by means of the Core, the Knot, and soon afterward the Teleport Device.

So you can see why they are already living in the SubNet.
They're already living in several Layers.
Murtaugh was born and lived in the Third Layer for most of his early life.

BOOM.

Good theory, but I don't agree with it. The 4th dynasty created the plan before the root. Somewhere in the 19th century.


25 Jan 2016 13:54
Profile
wisdom crystal finder
User avatar

Joined: 06 Dec 2012 02:43
Posts: 2292
Location: Minneapolis
PowersOf32 wrote:
- ak - wrote:
Yep.

When they built the Winter Palace, it is not quite Submachine yet.
They built it above and underground.
This took place in the original Layer.
If you remember the map, they simply expanded it to encompass large amount of area, which is within the Core of the Layer.
But they can't travel to the other Layers yet because they don't have the means to do it.

So when the unknown scientists (possibly Henry O'Toole) developed the original man-made Submachine called the Root, it was within the Core area somewhere close to the Lighthouse and the Winter Palace. I believe they were testing out the prototype quantum super-computer that is precursor of SHIVA or that they're looking for way to create extra spaces based on theories they have about the anti-structure that Henry O'Toole developed. Naturally, you can see the result of this as the Root slowly expand and grew, tapping in with the Lighthouse and Winter Palace as well as few other Layers, becoming Submachine as we know it.

Somewhere along the way, more and more people became aware of this and began to take advantage of newly expanded spaces, traveling to other Layers by means of the Core, the Knot, and soon afterward the Teleport Device.

So you can see why they are already living in the SubNet.
They're already living in several Layers.
Murtaugh was born and lived in the Third Layer for most of his early life.

BOOM.

Good theory, but I don't agree with it. The 4th dynasty created the plan before the root. Somewhere in the 19th century.

Hmmm... Now that I think about it, maybe there is something to that thought.

Gonna have to think some more about it.


25 Jan 2016 15:56
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.