ShadowNiL's Theories (SubVerse room or bust!)

ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Connections to/from SubmachineUniverse

Post by ShadowNiL »

Example:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2014 ... yramid.png
Has similar symbols on the walls as
http://submachine.wikia.com/wiki/The_Study
http://submachine.wikia.com/wiki/The_Pit
the sides of http://submachine.wikia.com/wiki/The_Radio_Lab
http://submachine.wikia.com/wiki/Laser_Room
and http://submachine.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ziggurat
which has the weird ladder that is supposedly "made for the subbots", exactly like the ones in
http://submachine.wikia.com/wiki/Mainframe
and the section before the mainframe, with the turret chain portion.

Thoughts?
Also, if you find any similar conenction between main-series games and rooms/areas in SubVerse (things that aren't obvious like The Lighthouse), do post them!
Lyds
lost in subnet

Re: Connections to/from SubmachineUniverse

Post by Lyds »

I'm not sure if it really means anything, it seems to be just a recurring pattern in the design of submachines.
It looks like it could be some kind of ancient language, but obviously we can't read it..
It reminds me of the Submachine runes http://submachine.wikia.com/wiki/Submachine_runes, which are also featured throughout several of the games.
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Mirroring Symmetry Between the Submachine Games

Post by ShadowNiL »

It's been posted before on the forum somewhere, but I'd like to post this here in it's own thread, so it's easier to notice and to help others with their theories.

EDIT: I can't find it anywhere! It went something like this; filling it in to the best of my ability.

Submachine 5 / Submachine 6
Old Submachine / Futuristic Submachine
The Root (Connected) / The Edge (Disconnected)
Submachine 4 / Submachine 7
Noticable signs of inhabitation / Few signs of inhabitation
Multiple areas / Few areas or parts of the same area
Submachine 3 / Submachine 8
Looping areas / Layered areas
Everything looks the same / Everything looks different
Submachine 2 / Submachine 9
Lighthouse / Pyramid
Going upward / Going downward
Mechanical Portal at the peak / Karmic Portal at the bottom.
Submachine 1 / Submachine 10

If anyone can find the original post, feel free to add it to this thread!
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Re: Mirroring Symmetry Between the Submachine Games

Post by The Abacus »

There were a lot of parallels mentioned in this discussion: http://www.pastelportal.com/forum/viewt ... &start=140
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

Submachine 1 / Submachine 10
Super easy / SUPAH DIFFICULT
50 cent coin / 500 EURO BILL
Super short / SUPAH LONG
Old radio music / SKRILLEX @ FULL BLAST

YAAAAAAS
Pulsaris
lost in subnet

Post by Pulsaris »

RuloCore wrote:Submachine 1 / Submachine 10
Super easy / SUPAH DIFFICULT
50 cent coin / 500 EURO BILL
Super short / SUPAH LONG

YAAAAAAS
I concur with the 500 euro part.
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

RuloCore wrote:Submachine 1 / Submachine 10
Even though it's Skrillex we're talking about, I beg to differ.

Nostalgic radio station with 10 seconds of shuffling music is a must in Sub10.

And Mateusz still did not answer me about what kind of song/music/remix/magic is that at the Radio in Sub2 and Sub4.
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

ShadowNiL's Theories (SubVerse room or bust!)

Post by ShadowNiL »

--Log Entry 1--
09-16-2014

I don't know if anyone will read these less-than-sane ideations of mine.
I don't know if anyone will even be able to make it to this spot. Only a few locations exist between here and the vicinity of the Temple in the distance, far as I know. But I'll write these down anyway, before I depart. Notes are invaluable in the SubNet, seeing as for some odd reason, the SubNet cannot absorb paper or papyrus-like plant material. Lucky us. And lucky you.

Well, here goes nothing, I guess.

--Reincarnation Theory--

Karma energy was originally discovered, named, and utilized by those of the Hindu or Buddhist religions, outside the SubNet. Occasionally, using breaches in the folds between there and here, people managed to enter the SubNet. The aforementioned Hindus and Buddhists entered via these breaches, and established a somewhat stable foothold in the SubNet. Signs of their presence can be seen in remnant architecture of certain locations. The Altar to Buddha at 966, most parts of Layer 5 within the vicinity of the Temple area, the inner portions of the Temple, highly likely whatever is at 291, that abandoned study at 628, and that's not even going into those Karma Portals. Who knows what happened to those guys?

There is an element of reincarnation in both religions. Both types of reincarnation rely on Karma, or a "something" accumulated by deeds, actions, thoughts, moves, etc. This factors into whatever happens after death, and potentially might make reincarnation available after the passage of life. This way, history could, in fact repeat itself, proving the age-old adage true to form.

Now, I've read quite a bit about the supposedly "8th Layer", that of Light or Time, and the potential links to the so-called "Karma Energy", which also creates those "Karma Portals".

A step-by-step explanation:
1- You do, you act, you live, you move. You do everything as you do normally in life.
2- Each thought, motion, and interaction leaves an indelible and invisible mark on the world or plane you exist in.
3- These marks or traces are apparently seen in the 8th Layer.
4- Those marks or traces are Karma Energy made manifest.
5- That same Karma Energy is tied to reincarnation, in an as-yet-unknown method or process.

Therefore, the accumulation of Karma Energy that everyone does simply by existing, leads to reincarnation for all, according to this logic.
But how? Does the amount or "potency" of Karma gathered alter reincarnation in some way, or does the simple act matter only? How should I know?

But, there is someone special here in this SubNet. Someone who has been on a mission, taking them through but a fraction of the vast number of possible locations here. Yet, against all odds, they've left their mark through the SubNet, in their relentless, mechanical pursuit... of something...
They've accomplished far more than anyone could ever have. All that Karma Energy they must have built up on their journey... what would it gain them, in the end?

Reincarnation?

Or repetition?
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Re: ShadowNiL's Theories (SubVerse room or bust!)

Post by ShadowNiL »

Feel free to critique my theory as you wish. I have 1-2 more in the works.
I may or may not be able to land my own room in SubVerse in time, but hey, might as well give it a try, no?

These theories are written from the point of view of someone whose stayed alive in the SubNet so far. Assuming that he somehow found the food storage area of one of the Labs, after landing in the SubNet via Kent Falls portal. He probably knew a couple Lab scientists, and found out about the Player somehow. They're strictly a nonparticipant, just surviving however long they can, figuring that if the old civilizations of the Subnet survived long enough to build all their buildings somehow (looking at you, 411) then it stands to reason he can last at least a few months. His location is close to the Temple, but far enough away that its also close to another SubVerse location. He probably has used Karma portals and the XYZ portals. No experience with using Cipher plates, though he knows how they work. He's in Layer 4 (I like the number 4 about as much as Mateusz likes the number 32).

Please don't be too harsh in critiquing. I know most of all this I'm saying and describing about my theories and the character relies on headcanon or assumptions.
But then again, fiction is fiction, right? Other theories have that sort of point-of-view too...
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Re: ShadowNiL's Theories (SubVerse room or bust!)

Post by ShadowNiL »

--Log Entry--
09-16-2014

[brief intro here]

--Fatal End Theory--

[theory description, probably 4-6 paragraphs]

[closing text, some insight into #4's location in SubNet, his plans, idk what else]

TO BE EDITED.