View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 Dec 2018 06:35



Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 version tweaking and bug reports 
Author Message
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2012 18:03
Posts: 808
In the light of recent rehashing of all my games due to Mochiads bankrupcy, this discussion about glitches in newer versions deserves a separate thread.


So here we are.


Concerning sound glitches - I recently purchased a newer version of Adobe Flash and will slowly (but surely) export all of the games again (at least the major ones, submachines and daymaretowns). That will render this glitch nonexistent. Submachine 5 is already done in that newer program and it holds it's ground as far as I'm concerned, at least in the sound department.

Concerning the transparency glitch - this one is tricky. It seems like flash player not able to render older games that use multiple masked objects. I never seen that problem myself, maybe it's because I have a different player (the one that Adobe Flash uses itself - that's not a web plugin).

Concerning so called "pixel changes" - that's out of my hand. Moreover, if you create such a printscreen, and then move the game to another part of your screen and make another picture - chances are those two will be different.

Chances are that I'll be removing ad4game in-game ads in the future, that should bring back the beloved sub3 ring preloader.

We'll see.

_________________
www.mateuszskutnik.com


28 Apr 2014 09:02
Profile
explodes
User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2012 20:23
Posts: 15394
MateuszSkutnik wrote:
Chances are that I'll be removing ad4game in-game ads in the future, that should bring back the beloved sub3 ring preloader.

We'll see.

thanks :D

Quote:
Concerning so called "pixel changes" - that's out of my hand. Moreover, if you create such a printscreen, and then move the game to another part of your screen and make another picture - chances are those two will be different.

ok
will see...

So, do we start GRAND REPLAYING of ALL your games soon, Mateusz? :D

_________________
Test Sublands, PCG: playing with GameMaker
Research: 3/36
OST: 22/32
Stick: middle of nowhere
alternate Stick: universe is dead
H^HTEP: 5/100


28 Apr 2014 13:39
Profile
karma portal traveller
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2013 22:17
Posts: 8499
Location: Pastel Lands.
Wow, this topic is sticky.

I don't have the transparence bug neither, I just don't know why.

_________________
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!


28 Apr 2014 16:54
Profile
lost in subnet
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2012 22:04
Posts: 65
The transparency bug seems to be exclusive to Chrome's built in flash player. Switching to the universal flash player fixes this(https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/108086?hl=en) but this creates a new bug where the cursor rapidly alternates between the default arrow and whatever item you are holding.


28 Apr 2014 22:21
Profile
karma portal traveller
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2013 22:17
Posts: 8499
Location: Pastel Lands.
Subbot #499 wrote:
The transparency bug seems to be exclusive to Chrome's built in flash player. Switching to the universal flash player fixes this(https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/108086?hl=en) but this creates a new bug where the cursor rapidly alternates between the default arrow and whatever item you are holding.


That happens when I'm playing a games with a custom cursor (Like Momentum Missile Mayhem series), but I never seen that happening to me with Submachines. So I still not have any idea. 0_o

_________________
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!


29 Apr 2014 01:06
Profile
wisdom crystal finder
User avatar

Joined: 04 Dec 2012 10:41
Posts: 2879
I have the transparency bug on Google Chrome, and when I try to change the Flash Player the cursor stops indicating interactivity. However, I don't know if this applies to all games, nor whether changing the Flash Player fixes the transparency bug.

_________________
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.


29 Apr 2014 13:34
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2012 18:03
Posts: 808
can you guys check this version of sub0
http://www.mateuszskutnik.com/submachin ... bmachine_0

it doesnt have sound glitches (there actually is such a high pitch noise in the middle of the ambient).

but it's bit laggy on my system, and in the browser.

also:

tell me what's the most transparency-bug prone spot in submachines. I'll re-render that and will see if anything changed.

_________________
www.mateuszskutnik.com


29 Apr 2014 16:31
Profile
karma portal traveller
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2013 22:17
Posts: 8499
Location: Pastel Lands.
I really want to do that, but I have no time. I have to go to school and then to the medic.

_________________
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!


29 Apr 2014 16:58
Profile
lost in subnet
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2012 22:04
Posts: 65
MateuszSkutnik wrote:
can you guys check this version of sub0
http://www.mateuszskutnik.com/submachin ... bmachine_0

it doesnt have sound glitches (there actually is such a high pitch noise in the middle of the ambient).

but it's bit laggy on my system, and in the browser.

also:

tell me what's the most transparency-bug prone spot in submachines. I'll re-render that and will see if anything changed.


Sub 0 is working great here.
As for transparency, the charger in Sub 5 and the gramophone in Sub 2 are very prone to this problem.


29 Apr 2014 19:29
Profile
Murtaugh's hunter
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2012 17:11
Posts: 11876
Location: Spain
Subbot #499 wrote:
As for transparency, the charger in Sub 5 and the gramophone in Sub 2 are very prone to this problem.

And Sub2's mechanical hand (for me at least).


29 Apr 2014 19:45
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.