A crystal's theories

Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Crystal's theory project revival

Post by Ancient Crystal »

Currently, this is a direct paste of a theory of mine from pf2.1. It's about a year old, was written a decade ago in terms of my linguistic and writing skills, pre-sub8, and on the whole not that good. I moved it mostly to help me motivate myself to continue with the rewrite I'm working on. So before you critizise anything, keep in mint that I most likely agree with you. Currently, I'm here to change it, not to defend it.

Update: Basic writing syle edits to first half. I'm however far from satisfied.
Update: Added summary.

The subnet is a hierarchy of the subnet-the layers- the submachines. The submachines are all universes of varying size, our universe being one of them.
Karma is a phenomena that causes structures to duplicate themselves around the net.
When focused, this phenomena can be used for teleportation, and is the secret behind all subnet portal technology.(Only Mur's portals are harmful, since they have no machinery to keep them under control)

And for those who bother, here's all detail and speculation:
________________________________________________________________________________________
First of all, the subnet does not have some sort of purpose or intention. As Zomyrus once put it, asking what is the subnet for is like asking "why do we have Jupiter?".
In short, the subnet is the metaverse. (Sort of a multi-multiverse). Every layer has it's submachines, universes, and the subsomething has it's layers. A clear hierarchic structure, or at lest it was. I won't speculate about the history about the subsomething, or of it's structure in more details, I just want to give you my basic assumptions on which I will continue.

Karma is a multidimensional (as in spatial dimension, when I mean layer of reality, that's the term I will use) energy field, more or less comparable to a shallow ocean with a lot of obstacles. It's a chaos of streams and disturbances, that covers all of the metaverse. Every time it passes through a region of three-dimensional space, there is a slight transfer of energy both ways. The energy that is transferred keeps it's structure, as a three-dimensional imprint in the karma stream. While most of these imprints are immediately torn apart and mixed up in the chaos, in some calmer regions of the field they can survive for a short period of time. Should a stream with a somewhat undistorted imprint pass througt actual space again, the structure is partially transferred back, creating an energy imprint in space much more stable than in the field. Instead of being torn apart by it, it acts like a mold for further energy transfers, gaining more inegrity until it reaches a state of actual matter. This at least must have been quite rare, in the days before the uncontrolled growth mentioned in sub7. This must have changed, however, and resulted in freak structures such as loops, and damaged the structure of the subsomething, creating overlapping realities and Mur knows what...

Teleportation in the metaverse is based upon this, but under more controlled circumstances.

Tri-electrode-warping-thingy: You first enter the coordinates. As the same coordinates can be used anywhere, and still take you to the same place, they must be absolute, and thus the tew must have it's own position preprogrammed. As it has been been confirmed by Mateusz that portals can be moved, that programming must be alterable. Then of course, we don't know whether the lab portal was moved to another submachine, it's possible they just don't care about three-dimensional space. It is likely they don't, as a thousand variations is far to little for more than one or two axes, if we're talking metaverse. This also means there can only be one tew in every submachine, or at least only one can take incoming transport. When the coordinates are entered, it calculates the relative position. The three electrodes then emit some form of karma-like energy, calibrated to generate a controlled stream in the field. Whatever is in front of it is then dematerialized into a form of super-imprint, (with enough energy to rematerialize itself) and then launched into the stream to the other side, where it, possibly with help from the other pew, is reconverted into matter. As a receiver is necessary, it seems to require something on the other end to maintain the stream. The stream collapses directly after transport, leaving no impact on anything else.

The hex-pole-warper seen in sub6 and 7 is somewhat of a mystery. While it only seems to take you to one place, having more electrodes indicates it's actually capable of taking you to more places. It's possible the one we encountered had prototype programming, required a more complex interface that the cpod could offer, or simply was made to transport over longer distances or along more axes, something that doesn't allow configurability and requires more elec(karma?)trodes, in order to keep precision. I also noticed that the karmatrode in the middle wasn't used, but seemed to have been active on our destination portal. This could imply receiving is rather different (and possibly less complicated) procedure.

The mover: I just have to mention that it may have been sliding across more than one axis, even though we could only see the movement along the X one.

Karma portals are permanent streams that can be easily entered both ways. However, as their karma energy keep on flowing, they gradually "flush" space apart, altering the structure of reality and putting matter halfway between submachines.

Cipher plate teleports are seemingly primitive, as they require cables to work. It's unknown whether they send the matter through these, or just use them for some sort of basic communication, such as "warning" each other of incoming transport, or perhaps they send what you would call the "imprint" through these, and and the energy wirelessly. To little about them is known for further speculation.

Lighthouse time-space catapult(It's one way, hence the name): It generates a karma stream, and launches the nearest matter through it. While you can't control the destination, it is likely that it remains the same, as Mur left us a note in the loop. For some reason it does not require a receiver, possibly due to it's great power source. It's also possible the lack of a receiver would make the destination change, if the loop hadn't “been in the way” at a point not long enough away for the destination to begin varying. (like putting a wall right in front of a gun- it becomes hard to miss)

Covert front spark machine(Come on, it's obvious they are linked): It functions rather "simply". It creates an artificial imprint, and then boosts the process of "filling" it.

Some general speculation I couldn't avoid while writing this:
Hmm, the big bang... A compact pool of karma energy in a location with no corresponding spatial location, that reached unusual density before loosing stability, creating an equally unusually large submachine known as the "universe"? That's a decent theory on how submachines used to be created.

Subbots... they must have evolved in another submachine, achieving dimension transport eons ago, and becoming sort of the "caretakers" of the metaverse. And then the humans stumbled in with their fancy spark technology, lost control the first thing they did and look what happened. Will they ever learn...
At least what we found in the winter palace and south garden indicates there is hope for some of them.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I apologize for any mental trauma the writing style may have caused you.
Last edited by Ancient Crystal on 20 Oct 2013 17:57, edited 2 times in total.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Re: Crystal's theory project revival

Post by Boingo »

Sorry if I don't go throughout the whole lot just this mo...
You know, a lot of this reminds me of a tesseract.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Thanks for motavting me to once and for all google that term. However, except for the whole multiverse thing, which is anyway a given, I don't see how this could have less to with four-dimensional cubes.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

You mentioned the mover going along more than one axis...I dunno, just some words triggered the phrase.
I like hyper cubes :)
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Basic writing style updated to my current one in the first half - check.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Realizing redundancy and adding summary- Check
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

A crystal's theories

My head is as bursting with speculations as ever, but for once, I've been unable to compel myself to write a few pages on it. So, I'm just going to try and throw my thoughts out here, piece by piece, in what little time there is left before sub10. Most of it will probably appear trivial, I hope this lack of enlightening content is accepted.

A] The term "Submachine" has, at this point, been all too well established to apply to individual locations in the net, rather than the collection of them. While perhaps not incorrect per se, it's use in latter manner is an artifact, and a somewhat confusing one at that.

B] Individual submachines have been the sole residence of parties implied to be functional civilizations. [Explorers, s4] Furthermore, other civilizations have clearly been active in the net, and it would be problematic to assume they've always had the ability to travel between submachines.
Offscreen, submachines likely exist that are large enough to accommodate civilizations.

C] Submachines appear to be discrete 3-dimensional environments, separated from one another by a set of higher dimensions.
"Submachine" is not meaningfully distinct from "Universe". The network of submachines, the "Subnet", is not meaningfully distinct from a multiverse.

D] Locations such as the lighthouse have been described as having a position both in the universe and the subnet, with no implication it's changed location. Our universe would appear to be part of the subnet, in other words, a submachine.

E] Many structures in various submachines are clearly designed, but appear merged, warped and completely out of context. While their design is intelligent, their placement seems to lack underlying thought. It appears a natural phenomenon in the subnet causes the random duplication of structures across submachines, with certain imperfections.

F] Seeing as the karma phenomenon has demonstrated the capability to shift matter in higher dimensions, assuming other, unknown phenomena are responsible for E seems redundant. Karma is, presumably, responsible for the duplication of structures across the net.

More TBA
Last edited by Ancient Crystal on 26 Aug 2015 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: A crystal's conclusions.

Post by Sublevel 113 »

keep on!
:)

Guys, what do you thinkabout these?
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

G] Incomplete structures have been encountered where the incomplete aspects are visible as outlines, shadows of themselves, in karmic colors. This would explicitly support F, beyond it being the least possible assumption.

H] There are various accounts of creating submachines, ranging from the mention of "uncontrolled growth" in the outer rim to the nature of the root. This too would appear to be within the range of capability of karma, given it's ability to warp space itself.

More TBA
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I agree, it would make sense that everything is tied together by karma.