thewhovian42's theories

thewhovian42
lost in subnet

thewhovian42's theories

Post by thewhovian42 »

Here's my first theory:
The Submachine was created because the people who created it wanted to discover the "Pattern of the Universe". They believed that if you knew the Pattern in its entirety, you would also know the Universe in its entirety. The reason that there are such strange mechanisms is because the machine is preforming tests and slowly changing its structure to be closer to a piece of the pattern.
Now what does this have to do with the pattern? Think of it this way: have you ever seen those posters where there are a bunch of pictures that, when looked at from a distance, look like the Mona Lisa or Abraham Lincoln? Each part of the machine is one of those pictures. And instead of the Mona Lisa, the big picture is the Pattern. The coordinates that you enter into the portals actually don't have anything to do with location in the Submachine, but rather where to put it in the Pattern. And the wisdom crystals contain the results of these tests.
The SubBots were created so that no people could come in and mess with the results of the tests. The core was made so that they could surveil the status of the processes. The reason the garden supposedly looked like the structure of the subnet was because it was a scale model of it. In sub8, when there's a note about light bending strangely, that's because the beam was shined into a part of the machine where it was changing the structure. When Mur entered and began to make karma portals, rather than messing up the results, he changed the entire Pattern itself.
This is the least likely part of my theory is that in sub10 (The Exit), the Player will accidentally ruin all the results, so the Pattern will never be discovered.
Last edited by thewhovian42 on 08 Jul 2013 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Re: thewhovian42's theories

Post by Rooster5man »

A Whovian! Welcome.

Thing is...your Theory doesn't sound all too believable.

I mean, nothing can be confirmed nor denied, Submachine is a very unique series in that aspect, but "The Pattern of the Universe."

In Sub8, we learn they asked the Computer "Why are we?" and it answered, so it's seemingly Doubtful that they're after this "pattern."

I like how you incorporated all these different details: The Subbots, the Karma Portals, the Gardens, the Coordinates and the Wisdom Gems.

You may be onto something with the Coordinates not specifying Location, I remember a discussion on that. You should look for more details on the Submachine Wiki, a lot of quotes (but not every, *cough cough*) by Mateusz (Submachine Creator) are on there, they may help you find some solid facts.
thewhovian42
lost in subnet

Post by thewhovian42 »

Maybe the question "Why are we?" was a part of the Pattern. After all, we're a part of the Universe, so the reason behind our existence must also be part of it, and therefore part of the pattern as well.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

But something tells me the answer is, in a logic senses wrong.
Like how the ultimate question to life the universe and everything was "What do you get when you multiply 6 by 9."
And the Logic "Wrong" part was the Ultimate answer was "42".

Truth be told,
The actual answer to the question,
Not matching the given answer of "42"...
Does actually describe the Universe.

Its not what you expect it to be.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
thewhovian42
lost in subnet

Post by thewhovian42 »

The thing is, you're talking about the Hitchhiker's Guide, not anything to do with Submachine.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

I know that.
I'm just saying the answer "logically" might not fit the Question "Why are we?".
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING