submachine 5 HD dilemma

Subbot #499
lost in subnet

Re: submachine 5 HD dilemma

Post by Subbot #499 »

If there was new/extended content, then yes, I would probably buy it.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

1) I'm STRONGLY in favor of it. Like I said somewhere, it adds value to the game, and will make more people want to buy it, since it's not just a resized version of a flash game, it's something more. And it wouldn't change anything really, just polish things to make them look better, so I now can't think of a single disadvantage of doing it, at least in the user-end (aside from the "original is best" philosophy of Sublevel, which on the other hand I don't think it would even apply here, since HD is already another version).

2) There opinions will probably be more diverse, but I'm also in favor of it, more content is always welcome, and it's an even better incentive to buy it :)

EDIT: anyways I'm seeing a big support so far among people in comments, more than I thought :P
Last edited by Vortex on 16 Jun 2013 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
borys610

Post by borys610 »

You want me to be honest?
It is no way I can buy it, so I would be sad if HD version had additional rooms, puzzles and stuff.
I don't care about graphics, but actual making game bigger... yeah.
But as I said I can't buy it, so you should care more about people who actually can support you.
But if you want to add more plot/notes in this version... that would be just unfair.

But for me... I would like you more to make new DMT... which is my favorite game series of you.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Btw, I'm happy to know it's already transferred. It's surprising how quick you manage to do that :D
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

Sounds awesome.
But, I'll be one of those who won't be able to get his hands on it. :(
Unless we can send $x through the post :P
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

1) Tweaked graphics would be awesome. It adds so many possibilities.

2) Yes. YES!! All of the yes! I was going to buy it anyway, but that is just like a mountain of strawberries on a chocolate cake! I don't know how much would be added in terms of plot related information (fairness argument above), but still, I have always craved for more information one Root, in whatever form! I'm being a fanboy with a sudden joy orgasm on the mere prospect of this happening, so... yeah, I'd like that.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

Both Yes. Paying for not only HD, but extended content. Fair.
Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave...
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

"original is best" philosophy of Sublevel
Oh lol. I'm still keeping my point. But if things have already gone so far...
Well, I will write.

Main thing: Please, Mateusz, fix that graphics problem in upcoming game. With adding Quality button, or something else, but HD version should be HD version.

Answers:
1) I can't see something extremely bad in this. :)
2) I expected to see something in Sub6-8 HDs, something like super-secret thingy. I mean, item, note, room... :)
But I don't know...

Adding new plot elements? It is VERY serious thing. Noone except author can decide or think about this.
Adding new puzzles/rooms? Well, I know your talent, Mateusz. You can do new things that don't completely mess old. If you add something great, then I will not mind. :)

------
I finished.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Yes, its expansion would be nice. Like what you did with Sub 1 when you decide to make a series and added more things like the Wisdom Gem to it so it continued with the Second.

If I were to make a suggestion, if you ever had anything like for example with the Mountain area you added to SNEE, because of the note you wanted in Sub6 but didn't add. If you have anything like that with the other Games it would be nice to add it in. If you don't...it will be a nice thinker to add new contents to the mix of the old.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING