Vurn's theories

Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Re: Vurn's Iridescent Theory of Everything

Post by Rooster5man »

WorldisQuiet5256 wrote:
Is it for power, somewhat like Galactic?

Wait, do you mean like Battlestar Galactica? if so I'm lost. Ive watch the whole series, so, can you explain.
I said Galactus, I see you corrected me. Galactus is a villian from Marvel Comics - If you've seen Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer, you may realize who I'm referring to.
Anteroinen wrote:
The Plan is the Outer Rim...? Or did you not mean that?
He quite clearly says that the plan has mutated and grown and formed the outer rim.
You never know, he may not have meant that. I understood what he said, but I wanted to reassure with him (not to be rude.)

The reason I asked is because I don't see why The Plan itself would mutate, unless the Computer was programmed to maintain the Plan, and upon "asking/answering the question," The Plan mutated into the Outer Rim and its mutations.
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

I really like the theory. It is very well-written with very few problems. I think it captures what submachine is, without trying to incorporate into the world we know of (which I find ruins the whole atmosphere of the game).
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
sundayfever
subnet technician

Post by sundayfever »

Hey Vurny made a theory! (I was working on mine since I've joined the forum, still doesn't have a satisfying form so no uploading.)

I think this is likely, in fact, I was thinking about this myself, you just formed it in words and made it sound logical. I can't seem to find any problems or faults in it, it's written amazingly well (your writing skills are just... leaving me speechless, man you gotta write a book someday or something), easy to read and follow and last but not least, it all makes sense.

all memories are lost in time...
...like tears in the rain
Redafro
subnet technician

Post by Redafro »

Nice theory. Mind if I pull my nit-pic out a bit? XD
This karma, that may or may not be the same kind of energy that powers Wisdom/Energy Gems, is the force that can be used to open dimensional portals. Its destructive effect which we've seen in Sub7 are caused by two different Equilibrium Fields - reference frames with varying physical laws - meeting. Their incompatibleness fractures the fabric of spacetime.
So, would you then be saying that different areas of the subnet have different physical laws? Otherwise, a karma portal within the subnet would not be destructive.

I'd like to see you elaborate on this theory some more. I like that it just happened as a result of physics. That almost seems as if the subnet had to happen as a kind of pressure valve of some sort, perhaps because of karmic energies needing a place to be released. Perhaps that is why using them in the subnet distroyes the subnet?