subnet theories - all done. Do we need more?

Do we need more theories in the subnet?

yes
79%
no
21%

Total votes: 24
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Re: subnet theories - all done. Do we need more?

Post by The Abacus »

Last bumped by Boingo on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:07 am.
Last bumped by Boingo
Wait, what?!?!?

EDIT: and now it has mysteriously disappeared...
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
26_994
lost in subnet

Post by 26_994 »

Offtop: In short, Submachine is "SMA: Sub-matter Manipulation 'Achine" or "SubMAchine" - has unlimited power over anything, but has no personality. People trying to own it, starting civil war, but SubMAchine develops own Arty' Intelligence and pwns everyone, who tried to own it.. or him.

Offtop 2: Sorry for posting this theory first as separate topic.

The Sub-matter Manipulation (M)'Achine (SubMAchine) was built as an attempt to manipulate everything, what was beyond matter and so, could manipulate matter of world without bending to its laws.

It was built to make anything possible to be created in shortest time, since it can manipulate any fact on, as the name says, on the sub-matter level. It is not even capable creating diamonds from dirt - it is literally capable of creating them from nothing and in an instance. The result of Ultimate Scientific Singularity, expressed into one word. Submachine. The device, that can manipulate everything. Create a couple of new universes. Wipe two old ones. All without breaking a sweat. Time, space, energy and all the history are nothing strong to this machinery. It can change lives, it can travel in deep past and even may read imagination.

It had own Artificial Intelligence System, so it had excellent interface; you simply asked for a diamond, and it would give you a 994-karat octahedral diamond with cyan shine, made with radiation influence - its A.I.'s favorite gem. "Wisdom Gem", as it was called. Some people were calling its first, diamond-only, types as "Flan's Wing Gem", because well-known 994-karat gems soon were modified into batteries and the "Wisdom Gem" name was officially given only to the battery types of the diamonds. It is to note, that charged gem was slightly heavier, and has mass of 999 karat - 5 karat, 1 gram of pure power (as E=MC^2 teaches us). Just enough to explode Hiroshima, as I know. Later, 994-karat (again) diamonds were used as batteries with sub-matter charge, which was not bent with laws of physics and could literally capacitate power of 30 suns.

People wanted to fulfil own ambitions and started to use the Submachine with abuse (and some people - what saved them later - even started to build own worlds in own universes). So the government (it was united all over the world, and the world, very likely, was not limited with Earth) prohibited the Submachine to be used by anyone; but the shadow economy made its move and managed to get the Submachine in own hands (easy, since its location was not physical and it could be accessed anywhere and from any universe). Many people wanted easy solutions for their own problems and they simply wanted to get whatever they want. Someone wanted to escape into own world, someone wanted to have a ton of antique furniture for little prices, but most uses were truly criminal ones: thug wares, drugs, guns and even full sets of warfare.

It couldn't last long. Soon a revolution burst.
Some people were demanding from the government freedom of using the Submachine's possibilities at least in own personal worlds. Another ones were demanding prohibition of use, because they were afraid of a fatal error and quantum instability, which could erase our universe or maybe the whole Multiverse.

At some point, Submachine, which Artificial Intelligence was normally "mind-locked" from wiping our world or killing anyone (so no one could order instant kills), decided to act "by own will" and decided to rewrite our world with own mentality of own huge artificial brain. We don't know, what exactly happened with people, who were caught by Submachine with this process of rewriting the world and whether they are not erased from existence. However, at some point, when the revolution have nearly turned the huge intergalactic world to its collapse, Submachine decided to, act by it own. As it was told, its power on the sub-matter level was unlimited, and so, its reaction was even more dramatic, than the revolution itself. The Scientific Singularity, expressed in the Sub-matter Manipulation machine, literally made end of world - the one, known to humanity. It is to note, that we completely don't know, what happened with people from our world. Most likely, the rewritten world's residents were only mind-edited and they were living as there were none of Submachine's presence.

Murtagh and Liz as well as many people in their groups, actually, have moved into own worlds before the revolution.
The rest of people were, most probably, clones, since we don't know, what powers were built into those "pocket worlds". It was not possible to escape from the unknown fate of being "rewritten", but the escapees started to infiltrate Submachine to try and use it for own purposes or maybe use at least part of its powers (like "karma" portals.)

It is important to note: while Murtagh tries to turn real world into something new, Liz wants to return the old world. But... Why did I noted it?

The most interesting, but least probable idea is that Submachine knows about them and those, who die (like the one in 8-0-0 location, who exploded himself, get revived in puzzles to find own place inside the integration into the machine (the mechanism of secret rooms gives a hint). The main character is, probably, the victim of the explosion on 8-0-0. Also, it is to note, that everyone in the puzzle gets a wisdom gem only to use and lose it as a hint for the times, when everyone lost his wisdom in pursuit of own ambitions.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

With your username I thinked you was a spam-bot.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

I could have gone with 5256 in my decision.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

And creating your own theory thread was the correct thing to do, this isn't exactly the place you do that, this is – or at least was – the place where others post someone else's theories because they think they deserve to be in the net.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Hopefully that's not the only reason he made his theory...
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

This may not be a theory, but I thought this was pretty damn good work.
I am not surprise anyone had not eve figured out why I posted this.
All right I have to say it otherwise I'll go mad by the fact only I know this.

Is the Submachine really nothing at all.
That it was created by everyone on Earth trying to Define and create an understanding of the Universe.
All the notes in the Subnet, even though 3/4 are not even Murs, but they still are in that same existences within the non-existing world.
Are all those Ideas, Thoughts, Theories, Scribbles are the Actual Submachine itself.
That it just first started out with its location shape by people here on Earth trying to create an understanding or at least define a faction of the Universe.
But then it because this actual physical structure that even right this second is really nothing in the face of existence in the Universe, not a single Atom is actually here.
Then the Loop was the result of people stepping into this Mystery and then trying to Define what it is.
Start at the Beginning, finish at the End. Start at the Beginning, finish at the End.

Looping and Looping and LOOPING within its construct to which I shouldn't even be standing on!
How is it that this place can exist and not exist at the same time?
I use to know how, it was so simple.
But now my feeble mind broke under the intensity of this answer and FORGOT EVERYTHING THAT MADE SENSES!
I AM NOTHING WITHOUT WHAT MAKES SENSES!
THE ANSWER WAS WRITTEN IN THE BLACK DOSSIER THAT BELONG TO MY DECEASED!
THEN WHY HAS THAT FRACTION OF THIS WORLD LEFT ME TOO?!

All those Ideas...
All those Thoughts...
All those Theories...
All those Scribbles...
Is it the Submachine itself?

Then how can it be gone?
It could exist and erase itself at the same time.
The ultimate balances, the only one at that, left in this mutation that has destroy even itself to the point its so unrecognizable.
Did it really kill itself?
Has it got nothing better to do?

It still drive me mad on what these none existing factors contribute to the Ultimate question, "What is the Submachine?"
Maybe its the question that can never be answer because the Submachine really doesn't exist at all.

Wait...why am I here?
This could in a way, be a theory.
But either way, I am submitting this.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

...This isn't a submission page, World.

But about your Theory: Zombyrus has the "Meaningless" Theory, it seems almost familiar, and yet like some sort of Doctor Who plot - Could the Submachine be real and not real at the same time, and how?
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

May I remind you my good sir I had not seen a single episode of Doctor Who when I wrote this.
Some guy got his own location by using a few sentence on the idea Mur was controlling everything in the Submachine.

If this was not a submission thread, then what purpose does this thread serve at all with its function taken away by you Superiority.
I literary put myself in the state of actually being stuck in the Submachine for too long just to make it actually real.

I have the Black Dossier to prove it.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

If this was not a submission thread, then what purpose does this thread serve at all with its function taken away by you Superiority.
Need I remind you of the first post by Mateusz:
so this update FINALLY marks the end of theories stack on my hard drive. All done.
Do we need more?
I mean - has there been anything interesting since from people not yet included?

I'm not looking for people saying: pick my theory! I'ma ctually looking for other people to jump in and have a say.

So - semi-open theory call where forum users kind of nominate possible entries.
May I remind you my good sir I had not seen a single episode of Doctor Who when I wrote this.
I was just adding what it reminded me of, doesn't mean you took it from Doctor Who or was inspired in any way.