Daymare Escape by Babylon and Borys CLOSED "OH, HOW WE FAIL"

borys610

Daymare Escape by Babylon and Borys CLOSED "OH, HOW WE FAIL"

Post by borys610 »

Everybody's dead or infected. You are not. You need to escape this place. Somehow. This won't be easy. Nobody said it will.
Group of survivors is camping in the ruined building. They all ended here in infected district, even though they are all immune. Everybody have different story. Different past. Different tasks. But to stay alive and escape-they need to co-operate.
Worgtex - poor dog-alligator, forgotten by everybody, hoping for better tomorrow.
Knowlegde - young engineer, who just found himself in this strange place one day.
Nruv Arte - ex-librarian whose career ended abruptly in mysterious circumstances. Wants to start a new live somewhere, but first he need to end his banishment.
Dr. Eramad - MD from local hospital. After hospital was destroyed he seeks new place, where he can help people.
Ozband Iresh - mysterious guy. Nobody really knows what is he doing here. Nobody dare asking.
Altor Nook - ex-guardian. Ashamed because of his past, seeks death or place where he can settle down. Place where nobody knows what he did.
Hazi Ognum - passage man. Holder of an important artifact. Not much is known about what is he doing there and why isn't he in the sewers, but he seems nervous, if asked.

All seven of you knows the obvious fact. Nobody can live without food. And you don't have a lot of it... you need to act. Before it's too late.
If you step out of the shelter you can see:
-Road going to desert. Nobody seems to be still alive there, but some says there are ruins of ancient civilization here. It's most likely just a rumor. But you can surely find there sand and sun.
-Rest of the settlement - most of the people there are dead... but some are staying strong and have access to lots of food.
-Forest full of animals. Hostile or infected animals. Very dangerous, but it's straight way to bigger part of the city.
There is also an entrance to the basement in your shelter, but it's blocked by heavy closet.

You can decide where to go now. Remember there isn't much food in your cart, only for a few days. You can as well split up, or give everybody separate task. And of course you can make a democratic voting, what do you want to do.

Next part of the story will be posted after commands of all seven players, or if they don't show up in 24 hours.
Last edited by borys610 on 29 May 2013 23:19, edited 2 times in total.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Re: Daymare Escape by Babylon and Borys

Post by Anteroinen »

Hazi Ognum squints his eyes, unfamiliar with the environment and the colourless sunlight. His people are all dead, as far as he knows. He carries the relic of their history and collective knowledge: The Book of History. This ancient tome has written accounts of the various Cloacal Tribes, their leaders and heroes, myths and songs, their spells and runes, their languages and fables. It is them in a way nothing is anymore. Hazi is with some weird people... and that thing. "Brrtvikk," he thinks.

He inquires if the others are willing to go to the town ruins, thinking he could find a sewer there. Maybe some of his people are alive and if not, at least it is an environment he knows and can find food from.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Vurn
subnet traveller

Post by Vurn »

Having stared absent-mindedly through the small house's window at the ensuing decay of the District for some time, Arte turned to face his haphazardly created team. Some of those sure were some nasty fellows, he thought. But it seems like they all are immune to the lethal Pestilence, thankfully. The first drops of rain strew the alley outside as they wait.
'Yes, Ognum, this might be a good idea. I wanted to try to take a look at this house's basement first, however. We might obtain some food there' he replied.
With a little help, he moved the closet aside, revealing a metal plate closed with a heavy lock, albeit corroded with rust. One stark hit with the hammer opens the chamber.
After rearing up the covering plate, they see a dark corridor leading down. A single torch mysteriously lights up. They notice ancient-looking stairs leading down. The smell is not too pleasant.
'Well, this is not an ordinary basement' Nruv states.
He explores the closest surroundings. The staircase seems to turn around after a while, leading to a barely seen, larger room.
TT: I guess one could use those words to describe it.
TT: If armed with a predilection for the inapt.
borys610

Post by borys610 »

One sidenote.
You write what you want to do. Don't write consequences and results of your actions.
Vurn
subnet traveller

Post by Vurn »

Dude that'll take forever.
TT: I guess one could use those words to describe it.
TT: If armed with a predilection for the inapt.
borys610

Post by borys610 »

I know, but it's the main problem of this game.
People are living in different time zones, so basically one turn must be one day long. Without it many people wouldn't be able to play.
Which is maximally annoying, but we have to accept it.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

<Yeah, this is not a collaboratively-written story, if it were, statistics would not make any sense, not? :P The game-masters are who have to decide the events that don't depend on characters. There are two in this case, so it's not that bad.>

Worgtex glanced at his fellows, noticing the peculiar heterogeneity among the members the group. On the one hand, he was somewhat happy because now he wouldn't have to travel alone. But a familiar little voice inside his canine-reptilian head whispered 'It won't make any difference. You will go unnoticed, as always'. He had already accepted his condition. Nobody ever took him seriously, if they even bothered to look at him. He had been alone all his life...

'No', he thought. 'Not this time'. He did not really wish to be alone forever. His real desire was, it had always been, to help people, to be useful to others, to just be there when someone needed it. He couldn't stand the feeling of being useless, he wanted to be able to do something, to change the world... But the world was making it difficult for him.

Putting his internal musings aside (his limited animal intelligence made his head hurt when he thought too much), he focused in the situation. It seemed that they were deciding where to go. The idea of going to the town ruins arised. Well, he could only do one thing: to stick to the group, and to try to get noticed by his new comrades. Independence was good, but he was tired of doing everything alone, and company was the only thing that could relieve him from his depressive thoughts. He briskly walked towards the crowd, and said "I'll go to the town ruins, too".
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Ozband looks at others. He can hear how some of them decided to go to ruins... Hell, he will not be alone during his walking to that area today...
Maybe he should stay here today?.. Or should he go to settlement and to get some food?...
NO. He should go to ruins. He must continue his great searching... It isn't time to do something else now. And there is not a lot of time at all...
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Waking up leaning against the wall, with his rifle to his left, I check it, still got a full mag, and the attachment are all right. He then opens his messenger bag and pulls out his Black Dossier and Ink Pen. As I read it to try to remember where, or what I was doing, then remembering Daymare Town.

I look up "There are several other people...things in the room" I thought. "they are definitely not hostile, other wise they would have torn me to shreds right now." Looking at some Dog-thing "That dog alligator, It might make a good friend to have me in this strange place I can clearly for some reason know it is Daymare Town. I might give it a small piece of my food to try to show my loyalty, see if we can work with each other. The other ones clearly seem to be immune to this plague of lethal Pestilence. Wait, how do I know that these dead bodies are the result of this Plague I shouldn't even know about?"

"I do remember grabbing my bag, and gun after the accident, and I did walk towards the forest near the road. At some point I must have enter this town and seek shelter in this house where I pass out." Looking closer at the Dog alligator, "Worgtex, so that is it name."

Looking out the window, seeing the three paths. "That forest could be a location for some Game, but some of these other people might not be able to survive in there." he thought "That town area would definably have a place full of food and information about the infected district I am in. Wait, how do I know this section of Daymare Town is called the infected district? I feel like I stick out here, yet things here make more senses for some reason. That desert is clearly a way out of this town, but this group does not seem to have enough water and supplies to make the trip. The ruins would have some desert Game I could hunt. Again I ask myself 'how do I know about some ruins?'. There is a basement entrances in the room, that much is clear, but it is blocked."

I write a few observation and thoughts in the Black Dossier and put it back in my bag.
"I think we should check out the Infected District for some supplies, but can we check the basement entrances before we go out? I would like to see if we can enter it, and weather or not the previous owner stock up on supplies, so we can save ourselves the trip. I don't know about you guys, but this town for me clearly has no benefits with me living here, and if any of us is going to escape, we need to gather up as much supplies as we can find."
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

Looking at everyone else, Altor thinks carefully before making his final answer.
He doesn't want to make any silly mistakes again.
"The town might have some stuff we could use, and the settlement will have some food that we definitely need. But I think if we go to the Town ruins first, we can reach the settlement before we run out of food."
Is this my final form?