Anteroinen's Theories

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Anteroinen's Theories

Post by Vortex »

This discussion got way too abstract... o_o

well anyways, we should add the new info to the wiki :)
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:This discussion got way too abstract... o_o
It would seem that he- you know what? I better just shut up before I say things I can't take back. :roll:
well anyways, we should add the new info to the wiki :)
Indeed. This will be our first Youtube comment reference too. :lol:
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Indeed. This will be our first Youtube comment reference too.
Very true! I still wonder if it's believable :P

Edit: I hope Ant doesn't mind the discussion here, but:
I think that the drawing of sub8 is the knot, and is not natural of the plan, is something that mur created.
If you're referring to Mur creating the note, I believe that's the "he" the note refers to. However, isn't that the point - that the knot isn't natural to The Plan?
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Rooster5man wrote: Edit: I hope Ant doesn't mind the discussion here, but:
I don't mind discussion. I do take umbrage at people making incomprehensible comments, with the informational content of "oh woe with me".
I think that the drawing of sub8 is the knot, and is not natural of the plan, is something that mur created.
If you're referring to Mur creating the note, I believe that's the "he" the note refers to. However, isn't that the point - that the knot isn't natural to The Plan?
You think Murtaugh is behind that note? I don't really think that, rather it would be the doing of the god-like architect.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

I don't mind discussion. I do take umbrage at people making incomprehensible comments, with the informational content of "oh woe with me".
I think you can drop it now, let's move on.
You think Murtaugh is behind that note? I don't really think that, rather it would be the doing of the god-like architect.
Oh, true, but we can assume Mur has an understanding of The Plan and all the Layers, after all. Who's to say Mur didn't make that drawing?

And would this Architect be Henry O'Toole?
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Oh, true, but we can assume Mur has an understanding of The Plan and all the Layers, after all. Who's to say Mur didn't make that drawing?

And would this Architect be Henry O'Toole?
That's a possibility. The notes found in Submachine 8 were clearly excerpts from extremely old discussions from when the layers were being discovered trough to a period when the plan was fully functional and understood. Why would that note break the pattern?

Murtaugh being knowledgeable seems likely though, as he lived way after the discovery of the plan. He also seems like a person who would make a mysterious note - but who doesn't in the Submachines?
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

I just read through everything here.

Nice story! I really enjoyed reading it.
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

The Abacus wrote:I just read through everything here.

Nice story! I really enjoyed reading it.
Thank you, it was a pleasure writing it.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

A POSTULATE ON DAYMARIAN RELIGION

Daymarians worship the sun, apparently equating it with Ra. This is evident from the temple of Ra in the town. The familiar star symbol is on the floor. Hence I postulate that the symbol is a symbol of Ra. The symbol seems to have lost its religious relevance somewhat, however; we can see variations of it marking directions and roads. It doesn't seem to have some sort of a warding effect connected with it.

The girl on the hospital door says that the mist is fading their darkness. This implies not only sunlight is important, but darkness too. It is entirely possible that Daymarians believe they are beings with a balance of the two essences of their being Darkness and Sunlight, similar to Yin and Yang in Daoism. Those are, after all, the only "colours" present in their world. The mist eats away Darkness or adds Sunlight, which is implied to be lethal or at least destructive. Hence, is conclude that these two properties are not only vital but in conflict with each other.
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

And likewise with Egyptian belief, there needed to be a balance between chaos and order...
The symbol seems to have lost its religious relevance somewhat, however; we can see variations of it marking directions and roads. It doesn't seem to have some sort of a warding effect connected with it.
I find this intriguing. The star symbol though, is more of a signature mark of sorts...although it does appear more in DM than elsewhere.
Anteroinen wrote:A POSTULATE ON DAYMARIAN RELIGION

It is entirely possible that Daymarians believe they are beings with a balance of the two essences of their being Darkness and Sunlight, similar to Yin and Yang in Daoism. Those are, after all, the only "colours" present in their world. The mist eats away Darkness or adds Sunlight, which is implied to be lethal or at least destructive. Hence, is conclude that these two properties are not only vital but in conflict with each other.
Once again, relating to Egyptian belief...

I don't know, some concepts we have been guessing at for some time, and you're the first to stick it on 'paper'...
Some concepts make sense, and are quite believable, but some minor details like the Ra temple may not be actually linked.
I suspect that you are right in the balance of dark/light but the balance part is more or less part of a greater plot.

Nice theory.
(I've just gotten an idea for a humourous one :mrgreen: )