Vote for the next Administrator

Please vote your preferred candidate to become our new Administrator of Pastel Land!

Vortex
89%
Gemini
11%
ENIHCAMBUS
No votes

Total votes: 9
admin
Site Admin

Vote for the next Administrator

Post by admin »

As most of you know, we're voting one of current three candidates to become our next Administrator of Pastel Land!

This happens because I was AWOL and wasn't around enough to help staved off the Great Spam Attack of 2016, so someone will have to watch and protect this great forum with Admin Power. Special thanks to Mateusz, Vortex, Anonymous, and others in helping the forum through troubled times, though we need to make sure this wouldn't happens again. I won't be casting vote because I am not around enough to make best kind of judgement, so I will let the community decides. Vote carefully and vote wisely, you get one choice and will not be able to change your selection.

So please, vote away!

Let us decide who's the next Admin!

--------

Note: this voting is non-anonymous, so it is required that you make a post containing your choice so we can identify who is voting. We also strongly encourage you to give the reason for your choice. Thanks for voting!
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Re: Vote for the next Administrator

Post by Anonymous1 »

I won't lie when I say I don't expect any votes towards me. Given my past history with this community. Granted I've been here for nearly ten years and have contributed a lot to the community, I was a cornerstone of the bbpress forum, a cornerstone of the submachine wiki, having been moderator twice in the past as well. But then my rep record isn't the most cleanest as it is for the other two people seeking Admin. All I can say is, the past is the past, and all I ask is for a chance to prove the past is the past, and that being an admin would be beneficial and an asset.

Besides as I told AK over PM a few days ago, its somewhat a dream of mine. I have plans in mind, to push this forum and community towards the future, so its around for future generations. That's what I care about the most, making sure its still here tomorrow and many tomorrows from now.

Anyways enough about me. Who am I voting for? Wait, you wonder why a caniadate would vote for another? Because I'm not selfish. I'm selfless. If I don't get the position, then I want someone else to, someone else who deserves it.

Who do I think deserves it?

Vortex

He's always been the voice of the forum, he has a great sense of leadership, he takes charge of problems and comes up with a solution. Take the spam stuff recently, he went out of his way to contact Mateusz and took care of the problem on his own. Just as I went out of my way to contact AK via phone to get him to return here.

We both take charge of problems and find solutions, and we both have leadership.
Last edited by Anonymous1 on 01 Sep 2016 16:38, edited 1 time in total.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Someone voted without posting??

Anyways, it's a hard decision but after reading about it on the Internet I think I will be able to manage being an administrator, so I will vote for myself*, according to the criterion of activity (posts/day).

*: if that isn't allowed then I'll retract my vote.
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

I think Sublevel voted for you, since he, me and you were the only ones online when the poll was made.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Me first. :)

I give my vote to Vortex.

I know him for long time. He's very responsible and peaceful guy. I trust him.

He's there for long time, so he knows our history and understand a lot of things.

He's very active member, so he can watch for forum life every day.

Edit: aaaaaaand ninjad

Edit 2: I was distracted (I'm on my job), so I forgot to post my post.
Last edited by Sublevel 113 on 01 Sep 2016 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Yeah, but it seems weird, since he was the only one who suggested a non-anonymous voting.

EDIT: wow, ninjad x2
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

Vortex can you edit AK's post? Maybe put something in about posting who you're voting for and why.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Done!
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

If we're gonna make this formal, I would like to see an official statement from each candidate presenting their platform. Why not? I liked how Anonymous stepped up and said something about his own position.

That being said, I'll wait to cast my vote :D
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

Jatsko wrote:If we're gonna make this formal, I would like to see an official statement from each candidate presenting their platform. Why not? I liked how Anonymous stepped up and said something about his own position.

That being said, I'll wait to cast my vote :D
That's fair :)