Forum's Website Development & Bugs & Problems Reporting

Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Re: Forum's Website Development & Bugs & Problems Reporting

Post by Anteroinen »

Apocryphactor wrote:When you talk about this "anti-merger" stuff, are you still referring to the "delete/offtop" threads, or the threads I suggest "combining" with others (in which case I'm going to use "combine" still since I was here first >:/), and if it's the second, are you referring to just GenDis or the other subforums as well?
Sorry, let's use your established terminology then. I think the same arguments that I used to argue against combining things with off-topic certainly apply in general as well, although with some relevant exceptions. There are threads out there that do not overlap chronologically, and as such could be combined without much confusion. This sort of a thing should be considered on a case by case basis.

A perfect example of threads that can easily be combined would be Real Life Submachine Traces and VOIDSCAN, which do not overlap, as of yet, since the latter died almost half a year before the other was even started.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I think, there is a difference with a thread that lasted half a year and 4 posts.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Ko9 wrote:I think, there is a difference with a thread that lasted half a year and 4 posts.
Yeah, unless it is about a game release or a theory or something, most dead single page threads are not worth combining to anything. This is also a good point.
reed
subnet technician

Post by reed »

I've taken time to think through the rest of the proposed changes, and most of them I can agree with. Except for the fan projects, I'd rather categorize them into Pastel- and non-Pastel-related instead of personal/collaborative.
no, you're not getting out of here. no way.

operatorsandthings.tumblr.com
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

I am not convinced that is any easier to do though. I mean, we have several projects that are at best tangentially related to pastelgames or use plot elements that reference those stories, but aren't really that closely connected otherwise. A few forum stories come to mind.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Current plans for my own stuff:
  • Deleting "Last Choice Of DESTINY"
    Either Deleting "Crappy Shitty Useless Forum Game", or renaming it back to "Roleplay" (Or "Roleplay Fail") and left it as it is.
    Deleting "The Magnet" and only saving the first post, which is going to be posted in "Guardians Of The Pastel Universe"
    Merging the original "Guardians Of The Submachine" with the GotPU thread
Shall I proceed?
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

@Eni I don't mind.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

The discussion is on-going as to what we are going to do.

EDIT: That said, all of the threads you just mentioned have been archived in their entirety, so to that end it is fine.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

So how I would like the sub-forums structure to be on the main page:

Status Quotes:

the Submachines: status quo, on the main page.
Daymare Town: status quo, on the main page.

Create:

A 10 Gnomes thread is fine for me.
A Covert Front one to. (I would like to know the thoughts of PNCE related work added here, on the Covert Front wiki I added Where is 2014, but I do not know either to keep it on the wiki there.
The creation of a music related Sub-forum, where the works of The Thumpmonks, Brian Wohlgemuth, other soundtrack related works and just talks about music recommendations or other records.
A sub-forum for Other Pastel Games related works, including comics made by other people who have worked for Pastel Games. That is why I would propose the structure to be like:"
The first Sub-Forum just Other Pastel Games related works, then the other creators, excluding programmers and people who did Sound FX and Soundtracks or other pieces of Music. And then
one line of threads of their games and comic made.

Move:

A' L L U K I N: at least moved.

Other:

For me personally, a separate Theory thread and suggestions thread would make sense. I never understood them being at the same place. I get it that is was made like that when the forum was young but I believe separating them would be the best.

When it comes to personal threads, I do not really have an idea for them. I am not to involved with the B-day thing and I am not to fond of collaborative, forum stories and personal projects.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Ko9 wrote: A 10 Gnomes thread is fine for me.
A Covert Front one to. (I would like to know the thoughts of PNCE related work added here, on the Covert Front wiki I added Where is 2014, but I do not know either to keep it on the wiki there.
Considering the Covert Front series is over, I am not sure if it warrants a whole forum. I am also not opposed to a 10 Gnomes subforum in principle, but... It's 10 Gnomes, guys. Do we really need one?
A' L L U K I N: at least moved.
Umm... Why? Where? Explain.
For me personally, a separate Theory thread and suggestions thread would make sense. I never understood them being at the same place. I get it that is was made like that when the forum was young but I believe separating them would be the best.
I mean, this would not be a bad idea, except

A) The name is simply an alternative for "[Unrealesed Game] Discussion".
B) In practice the two things are not that different.
C) We do not actually have any active threads of this type. Closest is the TBG thread and that's not named "Theories and Suggestions".

We definitely are not going to split old discussions into two threads at least.