Daymare Town 4

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Daymare Town 4

Post by Vortex »

I hope the bundle comes out soon... I'm resisting the temptation of buying DMT3, 2 and 1 to see what's new.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

I was thinking, the original banner of DMT was:
Can you survive the nightmare of a day
But then Mateusz changed it to:
The Day the Mare stood still
This makes me think, if the mare stood still, its becuase of the lack of nightime, this makes sence, since we never seen Daymare at night, probably we'll never do, I think Daymare Town is under a perputual daytime. Daymare Town semt to have been a Town whose economy was based in marine resources, as they live near the sea, but since the sun became perpetual, all the water of the sea had evaporated by the time, the exponential heat also made the air much less dense, making the water vapours stuck in the bottom, causing what we know as the fog. The star-like symbols are probably representations of the perpetual sun.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Whoa. Makes sense.

Is there a theory compilation on the Daymare Wiki?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

wow, cool theory
:O
Lord of Flies
subbot maintenance

Post by Lord of Flies »

There is night sky in the first part. Time in the town is somehow... Nonlinear or everything is just different from normal world. Like in a dream, where connection between elements isn't obvious, because details or just surrounding world is only there as an excuse for the surrealistic story brain creates. As someone said: You can't explain irrational things in a rational way. You can't explain dreams in real life terms.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Well, DMT doesn't has a plot, so the point that there's nothing to explain is the most likely of all.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

There's technically a plot, I think...it's really subtle however. Almost no plot. But still there.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I think the same. In the first games it's unnoticeable, but in the last games there is a certain sense of "going somewhere".
Lord of Flies
subbot maintenance

Post by Lord of Flies »

It may sound funny, said by a person that created daymare theory, but I think there is no point in creating daymare theories. Daymare Town resembles a dream and things in a dream aren't logical. Mostly they are decorations for the story, that is also irrational. In this case there is a nightmare, in which protagonist has irrational desire to leave town, that is seemingly endless (at least until DMT4). Rest is just decoration, and has no meaning, aside from helping protagonist in fulfilling his goal. There are common themes, but nothing is really supposed to make a full, logical picture. It is all built around the protagonist, other people are unimportant.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Daymare Town resembles a dream and things in a dream aren't logical.
reminds about that oldest theories "Basement is a dream" , "Submachine is a dream".
(Mateusz prepares to kill without warning)

I don't think so. DayMare Town is real.
It became real since release of DMT3.