Submachine: Future Loop Foundation

Redafro
subnet technician

Re: Submachine: Future Loop Foundation

Post by Redafro »

I was just playing this one. Still my favorite. The start in the cell, the submachine that descends, and the projector/picture teleport are all priceless. I also like the 3 sets of numbers under the pass code reader = others have been this way. XD
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Yeah, I hope you sell this one too :D
bender
wisdom crystal finder

Post by bender »

Vortex is he making other Submachines HD?
Bender sucks
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

bender wrote:Vortex is he making other Submachines HD?
He said in facebook that he's gonna make another subs in HD, and he implied that he's gonna do Sub7 (in a "couple of days"), Sub5, Sub4 and Sub2, so I'd guess it goes for Sub6, 3 and 1 too. But what I don't know is if he's gonna make HD for the spin-offs.
bender
wisdom crystal finder

Post by bender »

He should get them together at one big game after sub 10 is done
Bender sucks
Redafro
subnet technician

Post by Redafro »

Man! When I saw replies I figured they would be on topic! :evil: :D

So, I just want to try to start a conversation about how in this Submachine there seems to be a strong relationship between the environment and the Explorer's mental condition. It can be assumed that the morgue/storage area would have contained other slides for other "patients," and that even if these slides took the Explorer to the same set of rooms, the nature of the slide might change the puzzles and the pictures on the wall, and certainly it would change the nature of the film. The room location is very like a symbol for a person's mind, with various levels of thought. I'd love to see a much larger room, with other parts of the mind symbolically represented. I don't know if the images in FLF would actually make sense with the idea that the lower rooms are more unconscious than the upper rooms though. But it is a cool idea.

At any rate, it is as if someone has reprogrammed (uh, more of my new theory! Geeheehee!) this location as a tool to return a person to sanity... OOOOORRR, holy crap... to return a person from an amnesia state!

KABOOOM BABY!!!!

Edit: Heck ya! So that would mean that Mur might be recollecting at least some of the amnesiacs and getting them returned to normal so they can take another try at whatever mission he gave them (It's all coming back to me now......and I almost remember my name I know where I must go now......to find the root of all of this ). Mateusz has said that the original scientists at least are ALL dead (unless that was hyperbole), but it is plausible he has reprogrammed... er, restored (interesting slip there... hmmm...) some of them at least. Or perhaps someone else is doing it.

Assuming this is not just wild speculation. It seems to hold water though...
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

"Assuming this is not just wild speculation. It seems to hold water though..."

Not to burst your bubble, but I think Mateusz's said that FLF, 32Chambers and Sub0 aren't main storyline XD Still possible though.
Redafro
subnet technician

Post by Redafro »

Well, I know he has said that, but it's hard for me to ignore the significance of an amnesia phenominon, and then an area which helps people recover their memories. (Has anyone else pointed that out? I'd be surprised if they had not... t was obvious once I took the time to think about it...) Maybe it has nothing to do with the Player, and thus nothing to do with the main story arc, but it might still have something to do with Mur. No?
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

Redafro wrote:Well, I know he has said that, but it's hard for me to ignore the significance of an amnesia phenominon, and then an area which helps people recover their memories. (Has anyone else pointed that out? I'd be surprised if they had not... t was obvious once I took the time to think about it...) Maybe it has nothing to do with the Player, and thus nothing to do with the main story arc, but it might still have something to do with Mur. No?
I would say that has more to tell us about the submachines themselves rather than Mur.
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.