Submachine: Future Loop Foundation

The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine: Future Loop Foundation

Post by The Kakama »

Like the amnesia theories, where Submachine absorb the memories of people. Maybe all those memories are stored in SubFLF? Maybe that's the purpose of that location?
Like a metaphorical representation of the mind?
Is this my final form?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Yeah. And the actual memories are stored in films or something.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

So, the Player from FLF is the same person as from main storyline?
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

I can think of 2 possible scenarios to explain this:
1: FLF is in the player's head.
2: The subnet tears the player's mind into pieces.
Is this my final form?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

The Kakama wrote:
Option 1 can't be, as the author said many times that Submachine is real. So that leaves us with option 2 or its variations.
Sublevel 102 wrote:So, the Player from FLF is the same person as from main storyline?
Not neccesarily. Amnesia happens to all people inside Submachine, as we can see in the notes.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

But could this a possible infraction. Some point to where the Player was waiting for Murs orders, this "Future Loop Foundation" was some created thing in his mind in order to attempt to remember his name, or at at least some recollection of who he is? The cell in the beginning was just a meteorically bloke that kept him from remembering, and at some point while waiting for orders, he was somehow mentally able to remove that bloke in order to figure out who he was?
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

But those in the movie weren't the Player's memories, they were videos from a member of the band, not? So the immediate idea I have is that it's that member of the band who we play as, who got into Submachine.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

The Kakama wrote:
I think the player of this Submachine is a player predecessor that was trapped by Subbots.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

You may be onto something, BackwardsSubmachine: The memories may not be OUR version of the Player's memories, but the Player previous to ours, or even a culmination of ALL Players previous to our "version" of the Player.
Do you mean why I started this discussion?
I find this thing interesting.

Actually, many years ago, when I first time played FLF, I thought that it is part of main storyline, between Sub4 and Sub5, and Player is main protagonist here, and this speech is said by him, and FLF location is part of Subnet. I called this location "Memories Storage". And Player, who lost his memories in Submachine, retrieves them at the end of this game. It's all coming back to me now...
...and I almost remember my name. I know where I must go now... ...to find the root of all of this If he fails his mission, his mind would be... absorbed by Submachine. Where is located this "Memories Storage"? Inside Submachine, and inside human minds at the same time. They should take their memories back. Or they will die...

That is what I thought long time ago. And I still wonder what SubFLF actually is.
I know you realize it's probably debunked by now (this Theory of yours), but, if indeed SubFLF was even a part of the main storyline, how come we never see anymore to this part of the storyline? We jumped straight into the Root, the Edge, the Core and the Plan, with nothing explaining memories - We're just as lost memory-wise as we have been in Sub1, except we know we were trained to work with Wisdom Gems (which is besides the point), and that there were Players before us.

I mean even I had the "Core Stores the Corpses" Theory, which is obviously Debunked, but I'm starting to believe memories fueling the SubNet (or some form of that Theory/statement) is Debunked.

As my Theory goes, we've only seen Karma and Wisdom (both energies), no "Memory Energy"...as of yet, at least.

And even if Memories aren't an energy (I know you're not proposing it as an energy, this is just my analysis), then what purpose do memories serve in the SubNet? Is the SubNet a hub of human memories, like a sort-of Museum, preserving human culture, as the Core was intended to do? I'd say that's Still Alive/Likely.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Rooster5man wrote:You may be onto something, BackwardsSubmachine: The memories may not be OUR version of the Player's memories, but the Player previous to ours, or even a culmination of ALL Players previous to our "version" of the Player.
Do you mean why I started this discussion?
I find this thing interesting.

Actually, many years ago, when I first time played FLF, I thought that it is part of main storyline, between Sub4 and Sub5, and Player is main protagonist here, and this speech is said by him, and FLF location is part of Subnet. I called this location "Memories Storage". And Player, who lost his memories in Submachine, retrieves them at the end of this game. It's all coming back to me now...
...and I almost remember my name. I know where I must go now... ...to find the root of all of this If he fails his mission, his mind would be... absorbed by Submachine. Where is located this "Memories Storage"? Inside Submachine, and inside human minds at the same time. They should take their memories back. Or they will die...

That is what I thought long time ago. And I still wonder what SubFLF actually is.
I know you realize it's probably debunked by now (this Theory of yours), but, if indeed SubFLF was even a part of the main storyline, how come we never see anymore to this part of the storyline? We jumped straight into the Root, the Edge, the Core and the Plan, with nothing explaining memories - We're just as lost memory-wise as we have been in Sub1, except we know we were trained to work with Wisdom Gems (which is besides the point), and that there were Players before us.

I mean even I had the "Core Stores the Corpses" Theory, which is obviously Debunked, but I'm starting to believe memories fueling the SubNet (or some form of that Theory/statement) is Debunked.

As my Theory goes, we've only seen Karma and Wisdom (both energies), no "Memory Energy"...as of yet, at least.

And even if Memories aren't an energy (I know you're not proposing it as an energy, this is just my analysis), then what purpose do memories serve in the SubNet? Is the SubNet a hub of human memories, like a sort-of Museum, preserving human culture, as the Core was intended to do? I'd say that's Still Alive/Likely.
Then, why Submachine its interested in the cultures of Earth?
You can see that in the diferent ancient ruins why saw around Subnet.

Code: Select all

Start caving a pit.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐